Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The end of Brexit negotiations between the UK and the EU?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 19 Dec 2021    Post subject: The end of Brexit negotiations between the UK and the EU? Reply with quote

Any ideas when will be the end of Brexit negotiations between the UK and the EU? 2022, 2025, 2035, 2075?

Lord Frost left now it is up to Liz Truss to finish it Laughing

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59721801

My guess is the UK will join again maybe:

https://i.imgur.com/puGmCad.jpg

Also if the Brexit is done why we still have ongoing negotiations?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:15 - 19 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will drag out as long as EU members continue being salty sore losers and go back to just being losers.

Just cos Truss used to be a remainer doesn't mean she hasn't now seen the EU for what it really is. "She has since said she would back Brexit if a referendum was held again.”

I think it goes without saying that the UK won't be rejoining the EU.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
It will drag out as long as EU members continue being salty sore losers and go back to just being losers.

Just cos Truss used to be a remainer doesn't mean she hasn't now seen the EU for what it really is. "She has since said she would back Brexit if a referendum was held again.”

I think it goes without saying that the UK won't be rejoining the EU yet.

FTFY Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:30 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll end when the EU deals with the UK as a third country on straight and equitable terms instead of constantly looking for ways to punish them for daring to leave.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:39 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they drag on for a while longer. It's nice walking past the propaganda machine (TV) and being reminded that I was the winner by the losing side, especially by the metropolitan London elite (they were losers btw).

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg

Our elites. They get so mad Laughing

The best thing is I look like a hardcore remainer, and they tell me their true views about our excellent patriotic working class Brexiteer partners. I listen, and I'm not impressed Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut

https://blogsmedia.lse.ac.uk/blogs.dir/107/files/2019/09/42253499414_556460f04e_o.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine it will drag on and on regardless of who is at the helm. Any concept of winners and losers will disappear as our prices continue to rise, inflation goes up and the interest rate follows. It is happening now...

Still, we can be smug in our isolation in the knowledge that we did it for the right reasons Very Happy

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I imagine it will drag on and on regardless of who is at the helm. Any concept of winners and losers will disappear as our prices continue to rise, inflation goes up and the interest rate follows. It is happening now...

Still, we can be smug in our isolation in the knowledge that we did it for the right reasons Very Happy

Inflation in Germany is higher than here. Total average over whole euro area is 4.9% Bugger all difference between us and them. But hey, don't let the remoaning get in the way of facts.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate?continent=europe

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't let the remoaning get in the way of facts.

I won't.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:10 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
don't let the remoaning get in the way of facts.

I won't.

Excellent, I knew you wouldn't let me down. Razz

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find that most of the moaning is done by people who voted for Brexit nowadays. The same people who moan at anything involving Jonny foreigner and his dastardly ways...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I think you'll find that most of the moaning is done by people who voted for Brexit nowadays. The same people who moan at anything involving Jonny foreigner and his dastardly ways...

Except, Val Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't moaning when you're paid to do it Wink

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Except, Val Laughing

Val is... Different. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

That's quite an interesting little conspiracy theory you've got going there, but if Val is the best they can come up with... Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven’t we always been ready to accept their surrender?
Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

That's quite an interesting little conspiracy theory you've got going there, but if Val is the best they can come up with... Laughing

I'm always suspicious of ppl who enter niche communities and pointedly not talk about their main topic; even Mr. Donk chipped in about 2-strokes from time to time. That and the pronouncements seem to come monthly... like a pay cheque Wink

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
niche communities

Not sure if I want to be a member of a 'niche' community. The description conjures images of overweight blokes in leather...

Hang on....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Inflation in Germany is higher than here. Total average over whole euro area is 4.9% Bugger all difference between us and them. But hey, don't let the remoaning get in the way of facts.

Lies, damn lies and statistics. The briefest look at the figures contained within your link tells me that inflation is going up faster here than it is in the EuroZone, and certainly going up faster than it is in Germany. Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

Lies, damn lies and statistics. The briefest look at the figures contained within your link tells me that inflation is going up faster here than it is in the EuroZone, and certainly going up faster than it is in Germany. Rolling Eyes

So go live there Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I'm always suspicious of ppl who enter niche communities and pointedly not talk about their main topic; even Mr. Donk chipped in about 2-strokes from time to time. That and the pronouncements seem to come monthly... like a pay cheque Wink

Nope, Val did (does?) ride bikes. He's just one of those who has fallen into this sad obsession.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So go live there

Thank you for your grown-up reply. Up yours with bells on! Very Happy

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
So go live there

Thank you for your grown-up reply. Up yours with bells on! Very Happy

But then you would get to live in the wonderful EU with all of its rich diversity and stuff Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Up yours with bells on! Very Happy

Very seasonal Laughing
Yeah, that's what I'd say if someone told me to go live in the "Eurozone", whatever that's meant to be. Sounds a bit too much like Twilight Zone to me Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
niche communities

Not sure if I want to be a member of a 'niche' community.

You're one of those all by yourself Razz

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You're one of those all by yourself

I'm with Groucho Marx all the way, to quote:

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 120 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2