Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

"It's all about the science"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 21 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I’d hope that the public will recognise this in future and want to know the full story.

Sadly we live in times where there is no such thing as the full story, just vested interests. Even MDMA's old mate Nigel Farage and his GB News (supposedly the 'truth' in a way even poor white voters can understand) fails to get a message across without his bias.

Life was so much simpler when all we had was the World Service and BBC1 news at 21.00, and we believed what we were told. Now we have a silly internet-based scramble for lies and propaganda from all sides, which must be further from the public interest, surely?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 21 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think even the BBC is free of bias these days, well… And yes, GBN is biased but I guess they’d say they’re giving an angle not popular among the MSM but which a sizeable proportion of the public want to hear. I don’t think either one tells lies as such, it’s just bias. However, GBN are pretty much alone at their end of the seesaw of news unless you invade the internet, where lies do exist. To quote unfunny funny man David Baddiel,
Quote:
Conspiracy theory: how idiots get to feel like intellectuals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 21 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to conspiracy theories just do a quick search for "Alex Jones was right about everything." I just wrote him off as an entertaining nutter till he piped up about baby organ harvesting.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:47 - 29 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/huge-cdc-withdraws-use-pcr-test-covid-finally-admits-test-can-not-differentiate-flu-covid-virus/

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 29 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem.

"New guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) withdrawing their request for Emergency Use Authorization for a coronavirus test introduced in February 2020 do not mean that these polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests have failed to differentiate between COVID-19 and Influenza, as users online claim. Rather, the agency is advising the adoption of new tests that can check patients for both SARS-CoV-2 and Influenza viruses."

Conspiracy theorists eh? Laughing

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:12 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Ahem.

Big Tech speak for it don't work Laughing

"CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method" ...so NOT your average joe with his test kit.

So...let me see.... Karry Mullis said it couldn't be used and didn't work for that application, he did not design it for that purpose, and for the last two years they sworn that it was the 'gold standard' but suddenly and very quietly it's no longer fit for purpose....mm I also guarantee this won't be in the MSM.

https://europa.is/video/kary-mullis-on-fauci-he-doesnt-know-anything-about-anything-really/

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
Islander wrote:
Ahem.

Quote from reputable source debunking the twaddle GettingBetter posted... Laughing

"CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method" ...so NOT your average joe with his test kit.

So...let me see.... IT DON'T SAY THAT IN MY BIBLE CONSPIRACY SITES

Reputable source I'm afraid. Reuters.

Unlike the gateway pundit. Laughing

This is called continuous improvement. A tool is developed to do a job and it does it well. Ways are found to do it better yet and are adopted. Business as usual in other words.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:31 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
spewed brainwashed gobshite

You carry on, when the penny drops... we'll see. Not that I give a shite about what other people do, or believe. It's up to them.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:36 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
Islander wrote:
Reputably sourced facts

You carry on, when hell freezes over... we'll see. Not that I give a shite about what other people do, or believe. I'm a rampant conspiracy theorist.

FTFY Thumbs Up Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:55 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who understands how PCR tests work also understands how enormously specific they are.

I'm afraid I'm not going to start explaining how PCR works here but the chances of it mistaking one thing for another are vanishingly low. False positives are much more likely to occur due to a human factor such as mislabelling samples or cross-contamination in a lab full of virus laden samples.

Where it can fall down is it can detect insignificantly small quantities of the target molecule given enough cycles which is why they keep the cycle number down to a point where they are seeing a few false negatives. This avoids "false positives" although that is a bad term because the virus was still there, just in minescule quantities.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:02 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another lot of staged anti-vaxers, I suppose all these nurses are just looking for publicity...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/shocking-compilation-nurse-whistleblowers-around-world-warning-covid-vaccines/

You'll tell me next they actually isolated the virus, so that they can tell when they've got a mutation..

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:04 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Anyone who understands how PCR tests work ....

I think the inventor pretty much understood how they worked.

It's all stacking up....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfr_8sKD7pc

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

I think the inventor pretty much understood how they worked. Unlike me and the hordes of conspiracy nuts that post about them.

It's all gibbering nonsense....

Oh dear... Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:35 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
Another lot of staged anti-vaxers, I suppose all these nurses are just looking for publicity...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/shocking-compilation-nurse-whistleblowers-around-world-warning-covid-vaccines/

You'll tell me next they actually isolated the virus, so that they can tell when they've got a mutation..

The medical profession has its share of anti vaxx nutters too you know. Laughing

Still using thegatewayconspiracist then are we?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 03:06 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I am uncomfortable about is I recently found out it is not now standard practice in the UK to draw back on the syringe before injecting vaccines in humans to ensure the needle is not in a blood vessel (a process known as aspirating).

It's something I have always done when injecting animals into a muscle (or indeed, under the skin). It is very rare that you do hit a blood vessel but you DO occasionally hit them. Some of the drugs I use in animals could prove pretty dangerous if they went into a vein.

I'm not so sure about a vaccine but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a good thing. I'm now wondering if some of these more severe coagulation type reactions are as a result of inadvertant administration of the vaccine directly into the bloodstream.

I will certainly be asking the vaccinator to aspirate before they give me any sort of vaccine again, covid or otherwise. Anything I've read says they don't do it because there is no need to because there aren't any big blood vessels at the vaccination site and that aspirating may hurt more.

What I'd say is there aren't SUPPOSED to be any blood vessels but as any surgeon will tell you, what is supposed to be the case and what is actually in there don't always tally. It's also relying a lot on the vaccinator giving the vaccine into the correct muscle group and at the correct angle each and every time.

The only clinical reason not to aspirate is it may hurt a bit more. It takes a fraction of a second to do.

If it comes out in the wash that these severe reactions and deaths were a result of not aspirating, there will be hell to pay. It will come out in the wash because in some other countries, aspiration is standard practice (and used to be in the UK). If they turn out to have lower rates of adverse clotting type reactions, someone will have some explaining to do.

Last edited by stinkwheel on 03:17 - 30 Dec 2021; edited 1 time in total

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 03:15 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

It's all stacking up....

The link you posted there has nothing to do with PCR testing and that was not its inventor. The inventor of the Nobel prize winning PCR process was Dr. Kary Mullis who couldn't possibly have commented on its use in covid 19 testing because he died in August 2019.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing this has highlighted is the mental capacity of a few folk.

Be it 'I caught covid and no one helped me' - help was available, you just chose not to accept it.

Or 'I know more than scientists because random misquoted Internet sources told me so' - any sauce will do it seems.

https://www.rigb.org/christmas-lectures/2021-going-viral-how-covid-changed-science-forever

Watched this last night, just science, no politics. Worth a watch.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:01 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

https://www.rigb.org/christmas-lectures/2021-going-viral-how-covid-changed-science-forever

Watched this last night, just science, no politics. Worth a watch.

Yep, me too. I found the bit about R number particulartly interesting.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a non maths bod, it's always nice when a brainiac explains stuff clearly. Certainly more informative than the tripe some here seem to drown in.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's more palatable, repeated lies from politicians or mumbo-jumbo from random Facebook groups?

Vaccine Hesitancy EXPLAINED

The unvaccinated are rapidly approaching "yellow star on clothing" status in many countries but how long before the outgroup is anyone who won't submit to state propaganda?

Quote:
The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
GettinBetter wrote:

The link you posted there has nothing to do with PCR testing and that was not its inventor. The inventor of the Nobel prize winning PCR process was Dr. Kary Mullis who couldn't possibly have commented on its use in covid 19 testing because he died in August 2019.

Laughing got him with a headshot there mate Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:32 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that it was missing was the 'FINISH HIM'! at the end.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
One thing I am uncomfortable about is I recently found out it is not now standard practice in the UK to draw back on the syringe before injecting vaccines in humans to ensure the needle is not in a blood vessel (a process known as aspirating).

It's something I have always done when injecting animals into a muscle (or indeed, under the skin). It is very rare that you do hit a blood vessel but you DO occasionally hit them. Some of the drugs I use in animals could prove pretty dangerous if they went into a vein.

Sidetrack warning...
When my missus was a medical student years ago she had a minor operation for a tendon ganglion years ago (a small lump on her finger). Anaesthesia was an axial block, administered by the senior orthopaedic consultant - basically the idea is to inject anaesthetic directly into the nerve sheath, in the armpit, and the whole arm is then numbed for the operation.

Last thing my wife remembered before blacking out was somebody shouting 'are you an athlete?, are you an athlete? (she wasn't) at her (alluding to her now very low pulse rate/blood pressure). Turned out that the muppet surgeon had injected the anaesthetic directly into a vein rather than a nerve; fortunately it had a happy outcome but the cockup damned nearly killed her.

Postscript - several years later wifey ended up by chance working as a junior hospital doctor for this same surgeon - he never recognised her. One day she was assisting him on a tendon ganglion operation (ie, the same procedure she'd undergone). The patient was under a general anaesthetic. During the op, my wife asked - in all innocence - whether it was possible to use an axial block instead? "Oh", says the great man, "Some people do, but I once had a bad experience so I don't use it any more". Never twigged.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:36 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
...The link you posted there has nothing to do with PCR testing and that was not its inventor. The inventor of the Nobel prize winning PCR process was Dr. Kary Mullis who couldn't possibly have commented on its use in covid 19 testing because he died in August 2019.

You are correct sir and it was never meant to be related, but just more info, and I didn't mention Dr Kary Mullis because by now it should be a household name. Anybody that doesn't know about Dr Kary Mullis doesn't really know jack about the subject.

More importantly he says it IS NOT suitable for testing ANYTHING, it is an amplifier of a sample, NOTHING MORE. He developed the AMPLIFYING method during his work in HIV/AIDS.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you well?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 111 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4