Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I hope this helps.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 29 Dec 2021    Post subject: I hope this helps. Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ZY3VWYKzQ
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:16 - 29 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't going to watch this but, in order to remain open minded I did.

I didn't learn anything from it as I live alone, and have spent many hours days weeks (without family obligations getting in the way) digging into details about the whole issue from day one.

In summary it was a mere snippet of everything that has gone on over the last two years, and whilst much info is missing, it does paint a picture of the contradictary/erroneous messages coming from 'The Experts'.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 29 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep on looking for reasons to justify anti-vaxx as anything other than ignorance, arrogance and cod-rebellion. At least he didn’t try going down the ‘Great Reset’ path.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 29 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Keep on looking for reasons to justify anti-vaxx as anything other than ignorance, arrogance and cod-rebellion. At least he didn’t try going down the ‘Great Reset’ path.

I didn't hear one word about "anti-vax". That's your obsession, not his, or mine, or that of most you accuse of it I daresay. Or maybe you mean those who have some doubts about the long term effects of these particular vaccines? Or those who just aren't in a situation where they feel a need for them?
There is a wider point he is making anyway. Learn it, or continue to be surprised at how people behave, your choice.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_behavior

What your man is saying is, given this broad collection of examples (an aggregation of data) of unreliable, contradictory or incorrect things people have been told, a specific conclusion has been drawn about a particular thing by some people (i.e. that the vaccines are not trustworthy). This is poor reasoning, on their part.

To give an example: let's say Drug X is developed, that cures all types of cancer. This drug is tested on many different people. When the results of these people are compared with the sample control group, most of those given the drug seem to recover from their illness. Most recover, but not all. It's statistically significant when compared with a placebo. Some of those who had cancer still die, but because you're using an evidence-based approach in your study of the drug, on average you find there is a strong statistical correlation between recovery from cancer and the administration of Drug X.

Drug X is then administered to cancer patients. Some cancer patients have a heart attack and die. Drug X is studied and found to exacerbate heart attack risks, and is not advisable for people with pre-existing heart conditions. What's more, it's found that one or two of the cancer patients trial group who died in the original testing phase for Drug X had a pre-existing heart condition. Why was this not uncovered at the time? Because the aggregation of data method used in an evidence-based medicine approach causes a loss in particularity when you get your results.

What your man is saying is that vaccine hesitancy is caused by first cherry-picking from a list of things that actually happened, and then compounding this error by using a flawed method (aggregation and averaging of all kinds of selected political hypocrisies, even including American elections and heavy media bias) and applying it to a particular property (i.e. the matter of a vaccine for coronavirus). If we were to apply this mistaken logic to our fictional Drug X, then those same people would be saying that all cancer treatments should be avoided in case they cause heart attacks. Net effect: more people die of cancer.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I didn't hear one word about "anti-vax”.

Laughing The video is titled, “Vaccine Hesitancy EXPLAINED”

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Anti-vax and vaccine hesitancy mean two different things to me. Perhaps because they use different words Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rated funny.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Rated funny.

Rated interesting.

Ok, I'm lying Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:36 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

And there's the problem with today's political debate. So polarised that it has to be one way, or the other. It couldn't possibly be anything in between.

Debate is probably a little strong. It's accept the way it is and hold the line, or you'll be labelled an anti or an 'xxx-ist'.

It's like you listen, but you just don't hear.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The changing narrative around vaccines is hardly encouraging.
In a few years time a major growth industry will be claiming damages caused by vaccine especially where it was practically forced by employers or state.

https://worldaffairs.blog/2021/12/17/why-i-havent-gotten-the-covid-vaccine-yet-an-evidence-based-discussion/

Quote:
if we have a vaccine that truly protects people from infection, symptoms, and transmission, I would get it in a jiffy. I would like to see vaccinated people lead a normal life and not be afraid of the unvaccinated. Also, it would help if hospitalizations and deaths from COVID19 plunge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue with all of this is that it ignores all the things that previous vaccines have done. Please tell me how you correlate the disappearance of smallpox / diphtheria with vaccine use.

Get one / don't get one but it's not a conspiracy and if you choose not to get one and then you get infected ( and become seriously ill - which is the important bit) then that's your own fault. There's still a difference between those who say "i've accepted the risks but i don't want the vaccine" and those who say that all vaccines are bad and it's a all a conspiracy. Yes some people have made a mint out of this, that's life. It has knack all to do with conspiracy and all to do with greedy chunts.

Just because you spent lockdown on your own reading internet bunkum and then convincing yourself that it's fact doesn't make it into real facts.

"Science was wrong".

No. The data changed so the science changed, that's the whole point of it, it evolves. The only thing that hasn't evolved is the conspiracy theorists who are still exhaling the same old rubbish.

When this eventually mutates into something akin to the common cold, all we'll hear from these nutjobs is that Science was wrong and we should have just waited it out. Which flies in the face of all that we've learned over the last 100 years or so of dealing with disease and viruses. Imagine it we'd just waited out Smallpox - or do you think we were lied to about that as well?

That most people who get it now don't get seriously ill doesn't mean the vaccine is dangerous or wrong. To then use those people as evidence against vaccine use is mental gymnastics at its finest.

I get that a carpet fitter might be able to turn their hand to light engine maintenance or maybe the plumber can engage in a little gas pipe work. Or that someone who can't cook can learn to do so. All of these things are reasonable / possible.

But this view that folk are somehow able to to transfer their day job skills to become experts in a field that requires years of training and an accompanying IQ baffles me beyond reason. Maybe we've all just got it wrong, in which case why aren't you working for big Pharma making the next vaccine better or in Government fighting the good fight.

Answers on the back of a postage stamp in felt tip pen please.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/NfsFbNWC/simples.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:07 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/NfsFbNWC/simples.jpg

The vaccine was supposed to prevent serious illness and death. If it successfully prevents infection thats just a happy accident.

But that doesn't support your narrative does it.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mRNA vaccines are a real breakthrough. These are very exciting times, and it's a bit shocking that anyone might conflate unrelated things as diverse as American election results and our politicians being a bunch of cocks and then apply them to the vaccines.

The potential of this stuff is huge. Not just for epidemic control (there will be other novel viruses after Covid) but for the improvement of humanity as a whole. I hope that one day new tech such as CRISPR is actually seen as a desirable thing to get involved with, as a means to correct heritable issues and to improve quality of life. I want to see optogenetics take off. The potential of this stuff is mind-blowing. Just imagine, you could get humans with fluorescence virally induced in the neurons of specific regions of the brain, and remotely induce behavioural modifications nonintrusively by shining directed light upon those regions. You could eliminate crime, even remove painful memories, or create new ones. People will go after this stuff and even experience flavours of ice cream that don't exist and can't be described. What if these updates, rather than money, became the new way to motivate people and reward them? The end of all social problems and conflicts and issues facing us as a species. And who would have thought this epidemic response would have started it all?

That video is just made to accrue views and money, playing to the lowest common denominator and exploiting anxiety. These Luddite attitudes he's describing are holding us back and we need to do our bit as individuals to knock down a few idols. This is the time of the greatest technological progress in all of human history.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the science behind vaccines, viruses or any of it. I don't really care. What I care about is the attitudes forming around it all. It doesn't make any sense to me. We'd actually divide society based on those who have had a vaccine, and those who haven't?! Madness! I can see absolutely no sense in that mentality. It will not "save lives", it will not "save the NHS" (which needs much more than a little relief from a few people sick with an ever less potent virus). I suspect most of this is an argument for the sake of an argument, and people trying to say "Look at me, I'm more intelligent than you!" Well, good luck with that intelligence if it causes massive polarisation and hatred. That'll be really worthwhile, won't it? Brick Wall

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

The vaccine was supposed to prevent serious illness and death. If it successfully prevents infection thats just a happy accident.

But that doesn't support your narrative does it.

Not what they said originally, one shot was going to make the nasty covid would go away Laughing
Now you are looking at boosters every ten weeks.
Oh and you can still catch it, and pass it and you have to wear masks in public.
And the way they are going if you don't keep having the jab that doesn't work you will be practically under house arrest

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:36 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember someone on here repeatedly posting a picture of a vaccination leaflet that said it was to prevent serious illness etc and not to prevent infection and trying to argue that means the vaccines don't work....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear you're being held back Bhud. I hope you can find a way forward for yourself again soon Smile

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Not what they said originally, one shot was going to make the nasty covid would go away Laughing
Now you are looking at boosters every ten weeks.
Oh and you can still catch it, and pass it and you have to wear masks in public.
And the way they are going if you don't keep having the jab that doesn't work you will be practically under house arrest

For your idiot graphs to be meaningful in the slightest you need a third curve on both representing serious illness and deaths. It would be increasing in the first and decreasing in the second. You'd also need to include the effectiveness of the initial lockdowns that prevented mass contagion too. But as Nobby says, none of that supports your conspiracy driven narrative.

That was never the narrative from the scientists that developed the vaccine. Vaccines are intended to prevent infection where possible and prevent serious illness and death in any case. If you don't see that as a positive thing then you're a fool.

Coronaviruses and RNA viruses as a family have a high mutation rate and that was always clearly understood. The new mRNA vaccines offer a quick solution to that and may well be able to act against Coronaviruses as a family - that's being worked on right now.

For a vaccination programme to be really effective it needs a take up as near to 100% as can be achieved - if you don't have that then you have contagion and mutation in the unvaccinated which damages the programme severely.

Idiots like you, GettingMoreParanoid, Rebel, Donk et al are actually prolonging this by ignoring good science because "der internets told me its baaaaaaad and its all a plan to control us and not to be der sheeple coz we iz smarts innit derp de derp".

Selfish morons.

Still, all the more vaccine available for the people that actually want to avoid serious illness. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Idiots like you, GettingMoreParanoid, Rebel, Donk et al are actually prolonging this by ignoring good science

No, I don't think so. They have no power over anyone. We could have a 100% vaccine take up, and we'd still be facing rules and restrictions if there were any trace of this virus around at all, which there most certainly would be.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

Idiots like you, GettingMoreParanoid, Rebel, Donk et al are actually prolonging this by ignoring good science

No, I don't think so. They have no power over anyone. We could have a 100% vaccine take up, and we'd still be facing rules and restrictions if there were any trace of this virus around at all, which there most certainly would be.

You're free to disagree of course, but I reckon you're wrong. Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Explain how I'm wrong?

But anyway, it's kind of you to allow me a different opinion. I feel privileged! Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

Explain how I'm wrong?

It wouldn't profit any government to overly restrict a fully vaccinated population. Unless a really nasty mutation evolved that could evade the vaccine induced immunity and protection and had a high mortality rate - highly unlikely in a fully vaccinated population though.

chickenstrip wrote:
But anyway, it's kind of you to allow me a different opinion. I feel privileged! Laughing

So you should! Wink

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing new about restrictions and controls. It's just that the way they're implemented right now is so defunct and obsolete and offers so little benefit to us, that we should avail ourselves of the technology that exists out there. This isn't going to be a painless process, but we will have to walk down that road that leads to the betterment of the human condition. For this to be possible, many of the systems, beliefs and patterns that guided previous generations in the modern, industrial age will have to be scrapped. It's not as if they've been fit for purpose for the past 40 years anyway.

Example: "covid passports are bad". Why are they bad? Because of centralised control, tyranny, the potential for the abuse of data, the sanctity of privacy, George Orwell, etc.

OK, but do we currently enjoy a utopia of freedom of belief, thought and conscience, where our reality is not already under heavy control and restriction? Could there possibly be ancillary uses to which such data and systems as the Covid passport scheme could be put to better use? Why can't we use this system in the future to DNA-sample every newborn, and use that information to build an incredibly comprehensive picture of the way in which the genes work?

Let's start from scratch.

The reality you're defending hasn't existed for some considerable time, but the illusion of it has. There was no freedom - everyone's thought was policed and under heavily restrictive control.

Child is born, and is introduced to other children at the kindergarten. One child has an interesting toy. Another child goes up to it, and grabs it. Child holds on, and starts screaming. Other child bashes it with a wooden block, full-force, in the face. Childminder steps in and says "No! Naughty!" and that's where it all starts. It takes 16 years of carrot-and-stick (mostly stick) after that to create the individual who fits into this "ideal" society. Individuals created and formed by PUNISHMENTS to make this society sort of work. How is that humane?
On top of that, they have to face viruses out in the wild, alone? What's it worth? Why defend it?

You go to the workplace water cooler. You ask your colleague, "did you see the game last night?". Or, if it's a woman, they will ask whether they saw Eastenders or something. Well, of course they did. There were perhaps 2 or 3 choices on TV that night (going back to the 1980s), and 60 million people glued to the TV had to choose between them. Then they work, and all their productivity and all their life-force and energy goes into making Capital, Fidelity, Blackrock, etc. richer. The people who own everything, right? Every product, so much "choice", but is there really, when the same people own everything?

The country is so crowded - so much overpopulation, right? Well, it doesn't look like that from the air. It actually looks idyllic. The land that inspired Arthurian legend - all green and pleasant. Just people are locked into human habitation zones, while all that greenness is very much off-limits and owned by just a few people.

So, all I'm saying is, scrap it - it's crap and we've done all this before. Men get used like farm animals, and eventually it becomes Game of Thrones, except the people on the TV who actually fight great wars somehow look so shiny and good compared with the people in the supermarket or down the high street. We need to embrace these new technologies in order to break this trap, that's all I'm saying.

A destination 40-ish so years into the future in which the human being isn't actually a human being but is something else, and is connected to a universal, prime intelligence. Any step that brings us closer to this is a boon. And that includes novel vaccines, medications, computer systems and networks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2