Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Solid Indicators

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

CurtisLee
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:32 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Solid Indicators Reply with quote

I have a 2009 Honda Hornet and recently the indicators have been funny, blinking normally when stationary but as soon as I rev the engine or accelerate is speeds up then goes solid and back to blinking when I’m off the throttle, this happens on all 4 corners, any ideas??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short or loose wire.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:25 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Re: Solid Indicators Reply with quote

CurtisLee wrote:
I have a 2009 Honda Hornet and recently the indicators have been funny, blinking normally when stationary but as soon as I rev the engine or accelerate is speeds up then goes solid and back to blinking when I’m off the throttle, this happens on all 4 corners, any ideas??

Do you have any other symptoms like headlamp brightness fluctuations? I would check the voltage at your regulator just to make sure the voltage output is stable.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:36 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the OP said it sounds like a regulator issue but it could be just the flasher unit is knackered. Get a solid state one.

CurtisLee
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:01 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Re: Solid Indicators Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
CurtisLee wrote:

Do you have any other symptoms like headlamp brightness fluctuations? I would check the voltage at your regulator just to make sure the voltage output is stable.

Not noticed any changes with the headlight, think it’s isolated to the indicators

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 30 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Usually they can be solid at low revs and normal at higher revs.

I would check the battery connections to the bike and then check the battery voltage at higher revs as mentioned.

If all is well then check the connections / voltage to the relay and maybe replace also as mentioned.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:12 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually they can be solid at higher revs and flash faster at lower revs. It's all about current as well.

Normally the battery will balance things out so it does sould like the charging/battery system is playing up.

A fucked regulator will fuck a battery but I would imagine if you can start it the battery isn't dead.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad earth somewhere is most likely, start with battery terminals - take off, brighten up and retighten.
If you have jump leads clip one to battery earth and the other end to a bright metal spot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1