Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Can we deport Val now?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Unconscious bias isn't a new thing. Its been standard training for at least 20 years for anyone with leadership responsibilities.

And proven not to have much, if any, effect as far as I've read.
What kind of thing do you mean, examples?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
So you come back with Twitter Laughing
"Could do better if he tried" Razz

Eh?
Only the actual people who invited those speakers.

Quote:
Centre for Army Leadership
@Army_Leadership
Official feed of the British Army's Centre for Army Leadership. Think tank, research centre and home of Army leadership. Posts are not reflective of Army Policy
Sandhurst, South East
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
So you come back with Twitter Laughing
"Could do better if he tried" Razz

Eh?
Only the actual people who invited those speakers.

Quote:
Centre for Army Leadership
@Army_Leadership
Official feed of the British Army's Centre for Army Leadership. Think tank, research centre and home of Army leadership. Posts are not reflective of Army Policy
Sandhurst, South East

Oh forgive me, but you didn't expect me to look at the link did you? When it says Twitter? Actually, if the Army are using Twitter, there's no hope for them Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:25 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If unconscious bias training has no effect you can't blame it for wokeness.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope nobody believes that a lecture from a Guardian columnist is the sum total of the leadership training that they get.

Obviously, they aren't going to entertain views from the "other side" to balance things out because that would be demoralising, disruptive to team cohesion and dynamics, and tantamount to enemy action. In fact, I can see no benefit at all in instructing armed forces personnel to have entrenched political views or social attitudes. If you've got people in the armed forces who are, say, left-leaning, non-white, women or trans, gay, vegetarian, furries or whatever, then anything you say or do that threatens to demean their inclusion as part of a unit will weaken the armed forces. At the very least, it isn't supportive. Cases will spring up everywhere and show the forces in a bad light. These cases will be ruthlessly exploited by your political enemies, i.e. Marxists. Therefore, this unconscious bias training is needed in order to help this huge machine work, and to insure against demoralisation and politicisation.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
If unconscious bias training has no effect you can't blame it for wokeness.

Quote me where I did if you like.
Can you give me some examples of the kind of thing you mean by unconscious bias training?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unconscious bias training is trick-cyclist nonsense put about by ppl with expensive (but useless) degrees to carve out an job.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Unconscious bias training is trick-cyclist nonsense put about by ppl with expensive (but useless) degrees to carve out an job.

Oh no, no! Nobby is going to give us some examples of what it contains and explain how it is very effective, you'll see Smile

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the secular name for "doctrine of original sin'?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nobby is going to give us some examples of what it contains and explain how it is very effective

I will. A few years ago I had to go on a course which contained that very thing. Part of it was a 'put yourself in someone else's shoes' exercise. In this instance it was the shoes of a Pakistani bloke looking to buy a house on my street. It required me to go through the thought processes, starting from the reason why he wanted to move in the first place to the point that he had moved in and met the neighbours, and required me to state the reason for each action along the way that lead to that point.

Needless to say, use of the expression 'there goes the neighbourhood' even in jest didn't go down too well with the trainer... what it did do however and this is the point, is illustrate how ordinary people like me view the existence of others with unconscious bias, so in that sense the training worked.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:16 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
Nobby is going to give us some examples of what it contains and explain how it is very effective

I will. A few years ago I had to go on a course which contained that very thing. Part of it was a 'put yourself in someone else's shoes' exercise. In this instance it was the shoes of a Pakistani bloke looking to buy a house on my street. It required me to go through the thought processes, starting from the reason why he wanted to move in the first place to the point that he had moved in and met the neighbours, and required me to state the reason for each action along the way that lead to that point.

Needless to say, use of the expression 'there goes the neighbourhood' even in jest didn't go down too well with the trainer... what it did do however and this is the point, is illustrate how ordinary people like me view the existence of others with unconscious bias, so in that sense the training worked.

Well i guessed you were probably an out-and-out racist, no surprises there. We'll just add that to your tendency to think of paedo-type scenarios as one of your problems. Only in your case, it's clearly not unconscious bias Razz

And I doubt your attendance of the course will change much. How come you didn't learn not to think like this in school and from your parents? It is not the responsibility of employers to address these issues.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

there goes the neighbourhood

That's awesome Laughing

Personally I would have said the entire concept of anyone being able to afford a house makes the whole scenario irrelevant Laughing

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The irony is it actually would be easier to deport Val than any of the fighting age males children orphaned by war imported by Border Farce and the Disloyal Navy.

Disloyal based on what evidence - or are you you just having a pop because you think you’re funny / jealous?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know what you think he’d be jealous of.

They were a couple of mildly amusing puns reflecting the new tasks expected of these ‘forces’ which contrast with their traditional roles. Those navy captains won’t be shouting, “Prepare to repel boarders!” It’s not their fault, the government seems devoid of ideas or backbone to stop illegal immigration.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I don’t know what you think he’d be jealous of.

They were a couple of mildly amusing puns reflecting the new tasks expected of these ‘forces’ which contrast with their traditional roles. Those navy captains won’t be shouting, “Prepare to repel boarders!” It’s not their fault, the government seems devoid of ideas or backbone to stop illegal immigration.

The people "on the ground" (on deck?) are not the problem but all signs point to officer training putting diversity quotas and correct pronoun usage above tactics and results. It's not got there yet but it won't end well if there's a real conflict to deal with.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:05 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The people "on the ground" (on deck?) are not the problem but all signs point to officer training putting diversity quotas and correct pronoun usage above tactics and results. It's not got there yet but it won't end well if there's a real conflict to deal with.

But having an enemy army composed almost entirely of secular straight white males, Russia should make a perfect ememy from a Woke perspective? The only thing they are missing is right-leaning political oversight.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

But they are woke. And you are woke. And you like that they are woke because it is common ground between you and them.

Breaking interview of Im-a-Ridah on LBC here:

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1487083783757213701?s=20&t=S01dSiPgRfDBd8N3eulxtw

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Can we deport Val now? Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
It's about time isn't it?

Have you been in a cave the last 2021 mate?

I already have left the UK and moved to Germany more then one year ago:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4777515&highlight=#4777515

I can live anywhere in the world, but good luck with Brexit and all Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total trainwreck - the Royal Navy is now "disloyal", the problem is wokeism, quotas, etc. Oh dear!

That guy on the LBC interview... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Can we deport Val now? Reply with quote

Val wrote:
temeluchus wrote:
It's about time isn't it?

Have you been in a cave the last 2021 mate?

I already have left the UK and moved to Germany more then one year ago:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4777515&highlight=#4777515

I can live anywhere in the world, but good luck with Brexit and all Laughing

Ah, Germany - that bastion of freedom and liberty. I can understand why you would move there, Val...

Over 70,000 attend German protests against COVID measures

And I've spoken to someone who's just come back from a business trip to the Fatherland and I'm told it's much, much worse than the press make out Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with Bulgaria then?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:51 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
What's wrong with Bulgaria then?

Doesnt suck enough

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He’ll come to resent the Germans too, soon enough. Then onwards to the next lucky host.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

But they are woke. And you are woke. And you like that they are woke because it is common ground between you and them.

Breaking interview of Im-a-Ridah on LBC here:

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1487083783757213701?s=20&t=S01dSiPgRfDBd8N3eulxtw

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I would be much harsher with James O'nnoying than that

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
He’ll come to resent the Germans too, soon enough. Then onwards to the next lucky host.

I can see it now.

Val: "But Hans you must let refugees stay in your daughter's bedroom, your dad was a Nazi, it's the least you can do"

Hans: "Go back to England, immigrant, you're not welcome here"

Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4