Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ahhh - bummed (several times over, somewhat dryly)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:52 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: ahhh - bummed (several times over, somewhat dryly) Reply with quote

Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enbbKHcDLew

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 07:30 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's nearly as hour long but it just keeps getting funnier as the video continues.

TMF pre-ordered a sky water friend?

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to watch that bloke in the bottom right hand corner a few times, he spends so long getting to the point I have never seen one of his vids all the way through.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
TMF pre-ordered a sky water friend?

tmf ordered two dozen and any more mr **r*ns had in stock

tmf is properly losing it, i think - he's gone full Fry meme

all those spreadsheets - and he's still five bags down....i do better accounting on the back of a fag packet

https://static2.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/futurama-shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:00 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

£5k or £6k on the bike and £8.5k in shitty mods. Shocked

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
£5k or £6k on the bike and £8.5k in shitty mods. Shocked

Made it to 32:42 and then snorted my coffee when TMF says he paid another £4,500 and TWS goes "do you watch other men fuck your wife" Laughing fucking lost it.

I am going to e-mail TMF, I have some magic beans he might be interested in.

EDIT: Now 43:24 in and this just keeps getting better. The rando Chris guy getting in there to pull his bike out before it gets' taken away as an asset LMFAO Laughing

Last edited by Fat Angry Scotsman on 13:06 - 28 Jan 2022; edited 1 time in total

TQ
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:56 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely fantastic.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always describe Matt as "the objectionable Northerner" it's the sort of stuff to put on in the background. The Del rants are a bit tiresome but Matt does come out with some useful nuggets of information from time to time.

The Enfield saga? Fecking 'eck! When he said "I reluctantly paid the extra 4 bags as I needed the bike...." huh? That made no sense. If I take a wheel down to my local place to get a tyre fitted I wouldn't bother with paperwork and I'd even take the time to pay them in cash but who entertains forking out money in advance without a contract, pro-forma, just something on paper?! I think we're missing some vital info Thinking

As to the mods 90% of the work was unbolting, bolt on new Chinese crap. Okay so a full exhaust system isn't "Lego bricks" on an old bike 'cos of crusty nuts (ooo-errr!) but this was a brand new bike, not even an hours work surely?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exhaust listed on the invoice said "BAAK Exhaust". The only exhaust for the Interceptor 650 on their website is this one:

https://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/en/interceptor-continental-gt-650/3393-short-exhaust-650-interceptor-continental-gt#

Looks shit for 1,158 Euros... maybe the £900 they charge for the exhaust was actually cost price?

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=900&From=GBP&To=EUR

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

>£15K down on THAT?!! That's completely insane. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:03 - 28 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn’t that in the e-bay’s most miserable bike thread?

…and as regards “as I needed the bike”, there are about 5 in his garage (although no dead baby) so why did he need that one?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
"do you watch other men fuck your wife" Laughing fucking lost it.

Laughing

that was gold

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone had managed to rip me off for £5K like that I'd go and hide in the corner and cry; yet this guy chooses instead to publish it all over the interweb?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna lie. This whole episode entertained me a lot. Laughing

To put things in perspective, at the beginning of last year I bought a pair of RST bike boots for £90. They started to fall apart (glue dried out between the sole and the rest of the boot just after 6 months. I hadn't used them a lot. Went to the manufacturer and they referred me to the dealer (which was fair enough as that's the terms of their guarantee and the dealer was an authorised dealer). Asked dealer for refund. Dealer asked for photos of damage. Sent. Dealer asked me to send them back because manufacturer wanted to study them. Sent them back.

Dealer pissed about and refused to refund me. Ignored my messages, ended up offering a replacement, etc. Unbeknown to him, I was in contact with RST, who informed me they'd given the dealer a new pair some time ago. So I knew the dealer was full of shit when he said he'd be out of pocket, etc. Dealer thought I'd give up. I got tough, prepared to fill out online small claims court form. All of this over a £90 pair of boots, mind... Threatened to drag their name through the mud, etc. Went to trading standards where the dealer is based, etc. Eventually the scumbag caved and refunded me. I thought all this was standard in life anyway. You don't roll over and take it up the ass. You stand your ground.

So, you can imagine how entertained I am by TMF. Hilarious responses in comments on the original vid, and full of contradictions, if you look closely.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting.. TMF is a spineless knob of unprecedented proportions
The Bike Den (no longer trading it seems) was a wannabe Bike Shed which in turn is made for twats. How much twattier can you get?

Ref wife shagging - doubtful - l I'll lay good money on the fact TMF is a virgin

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i remember a few years ago commenting on one of his bike review videos - it titled 'long term review of triumph street twin' (or whatever bike it was

he had been riding it for two weeks - i said how come this is billed as a long term review when you've only had it a fortnight? he said i often do this - i said fine, i just wondered how you can call it 'long term' when it's only 14 days or so - he said this is how i do things on my channel, if you don't like it don't watch it

in retrospect it was an overreaction on my part but for a few moments i wanted to punch and kick him hard in the face repeatedly

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to know if he has 8 fucking bricks just sitting in his bank account to casually drop on customising a bike, why the fuck did he do it to a Royal Enfield and not get a Triumph?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:13 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fella is retired ex-services and an educated guess tells me he was an officer i.e has some grey matter, and left with a decent pension.

He shouldn't be so easily duped.

'Don't tell them your name Pike'

As for deciding to tell the internet about it...well....could be being helpful or more likely he's a nobber like the prat who was roasting him with a tad too much glee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
The fella is retired ex-services and an educated guess tells me he was an officer i.e has some grey matter, and left with a decent pension.

He shouldn't be so easily duped.

I have doubts that having ‘served’ prepares anyone for the real world.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... I've no idea, personally, but I've got a theory that it might be down to hair. Hair goes grey and it makes you look old. If a man goes completely bald and has no beard, this effect is hidden, considerably. Most guys in the media keep their hair short and start using makeup as they get older. It's just expected, for better or worse. But if you completely shave your head and your facial hair, you lose that reference point and you can revert back to childhood much more easily. You don't see yourself becoming 30, 40, 50, 60, 70. In the mirror you see one of those TV people. You get lucky because your immediate environment is soft, and then you yourself get soft (in the head). All of your interactions with people make the world seem softer than it is, and you get away with a lot because everyone sees you as Mr Moneybags. Everyone in the world is so nice! It's a Barbie World! So there's nothing there to stop you being 10, forever. No reminder, no regrets, all your decisions are perfect because you've got a bottle of Oil of Ulay and a Wahl trimmer.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father-in-law's lacking in the hair department but it wouldn't take a 30 second conversation to realise he's not someone to fuck with.

I'd imagine the "I'm a big deal on YouTube" coupled with a list of pointless mods for a low rent bike the bike dealer guessed they had a 24-carat gold mug on their hands.

Hey guys, wait a minute, aren't we all just victim-blaming here? "He minced into the dealership and he was flaunting a thic wallet, begging for it so he was. They act like they don't want it but they really do..." etc. Wink

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
24-carat gold mug

Easy-X wrote:
He minced into the dealership

Laughing

fuck me, Andy is the type of cunt who will order a beer with a straw. Imagine being a dealer and seeing him coming in now, you just know you could milk him and the worst that will happen is he makes a shite and semi-apologetic YouTube video.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved that. Made a booring morning much more enjoyable, Thanks for posting. Laughing

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 07 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PBxn2O5iGk
We get to see how it ended up Laughing Looks alright if you are into that kind of thing, but I cant believe someone willingly spent £15k just to end up with a Royal Enfield. The fact that it took 10 days to do all that work shows how much he got shafted by RE.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 07 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bone stock Kawasaki Z900RS would have worked out cheaper and looked 10x better Thinking Such a bike might also actually do something when you twist the throttle, ffs Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3