Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Mason Greenwood case.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: The Mason Greenwood case. Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone saw the pictures or heard the video on social media of the bruises and rape of his girlfiend. Pretty horrible stuff to have been made public but I wonder if this was the only way she thought she could get any justice.

A multi millionaire at twenty. Is it someone who thinks he is untouchable or a young man who has been totally corrupeted by fame and fortune? Probably the same thing really.

From the social media evidence he's as guilty as sin but there are already calls from certain quarters that until he is found guilty, he should be free to continue his career.

I do wonder if he is another that can't have a fair trial due to publicity though.

Any thoughts? Lock, key, throw away?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going away for sure. Cops will want to make an example of him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:05 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of ties in with that religion thing, don't you think?

The morality of the day: rape is wrong, but a wealthy celebrity can do no wrong. His victim is less famous, less important and probably much less wealthy than he is. Therefore, it's almost certain he cannot be found guilty of any wrongdoing, whether in the court of the media or in an actual court of justice. She isn't innocent enough and he isn't common enough, for him to go to jail over an obvious violent sex crime. There is a general consensus that rape and violence against women is wrong, but does it apply to the likes of him out there in the real world? Probably not. This is a failure of liberal society and democracy.

Nothing new about this problem. If there were a popular personage in Rome, it wouldn't matter if it were a (high class) orator or a (low class) gladiator. He would have a lot of women around him. Anything he did to them would be less "crime" and more "scandal".

Our technology isn't primitive any more, but our society still is.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:26 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

Our technology isn't primitive any more, but our society still is.

We need to eliminate humans! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:38 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to google who is Mason Greenwood.

Nobody important it would appear.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:10 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Fair point, but then neither are a lot of people but they are still rich and think they are powerful because of that.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:19 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to google him too.

Quote:
Meanwhile, United's most high-profile players, including David de Gea, Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Pogba have appeared to unfollow Greenwood on Instagram, despite following other squad members.

That'll teach him.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't be arsed to google him.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Same, had no fucking clue who it was. Manchester United player apparently... still no fucking clue who he is.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:12 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

More playa for Man U than player Wink

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word on the street (i.e. my kid's view...) is that she thought the only way to draw attention to the matter so plod would have to take notice was to post something nasty on social media. Apparently she has said that if she'd just gone to the police, it would have been covered up. If that is true, it is a damning indictment of modern society and the power of money v the individual.

I did listen to it, and if genuine he deserves a 30 stretch in a cell with Big Queenie and his 14" wang... Sick

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everything that has been reported is true.
I hope Big Queenie bites his bollocks off!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:27 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only now, even if he did do something, he can successfully argue he wasn't given a fair trial due to media prejudice.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:45 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Only now, even if he did do something, he can successfully argue he wasn't given a fair trial due to media prejudice.

The Stephen Yaxley-lennon defence....

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:05 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Re: The Mason Greenwood case. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I do wonder if he is another that can't have a fair trial due to publicity though.

Just looking down this thread and it looks like FAS, a100man, The Shaggy D.A., stinkwheel and myself are already 5/12 on the way to a “never heard of ‘im” jury Very Happy

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:42 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Re: The Mason Greenwood case. Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Just looking down this thread and it looks like FAS, a100man, The Shaggy D.A., stinkwheel and myself are already 5/12 on the way to a “never heard of ‘im” jury Very Happy

It's alll over the news so that's hard to justify

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Re: The Mason Greenwood case. Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

+1, but then I’ve never been a big football fan and the modern game annoys me with the cheating, the excuses and clichéd talk of work rate, belief, vision Rolling Eyes Laughing Prima donnas, the lot of ‘em.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Re: The Mason Greenwood case. Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Keithy wrote:

It's alll over the news so that's hard to justify

So was Floyds case. So was Epsteins. Nowadays it's pretty well trial by media in any high profile case.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Your Honour, we find the defendant... famous!"

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A large percentage of rapes reported to the police dont result in any conviction, bet this one does.

OGR

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:36 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:
A large percentage of rapes reported to the police dont result in any conviction, bet this one does.

OGR

Well, it would be normal practice to holds some sort of a trial first.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:00 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Old Git Racing wrote:

OGR

Well, it would be normal practice to holds some sort of a trial first.

But does this mean I don't get to burn a witch today? Crying or Very sad

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:51 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he miss a penalty in a football match at all? If he did then you are just being racist, nothing to do with the act, just his face, and it's a culture thing that you wouldn't understand because you haven't suffered like he has.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:36 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raith Rovers player incident seems more interesting to me.

So they guy was convicted by a civil court of rape, not sure what the penalty would have been. Five years later he's taken on by a football team, presumably in the knowledge this was the case.

A sponsor of the team kicks-off threatening to withdraw support if they continue to employ him and equips herself with a baying mob. Team backs down, say they wont play him and want to "re-negotiate" his contract.

Even the Nicola Sturgeon stuck her oar in.

Raises all manner of questions.

He was convicted in a civil court where there is a lower burden of proof. Presumably his case did not meet the test of there being enough evidence to prove it "beyond reasonable doubt." to go to criminal trial and the civil court did not referr the case for criminal trial. My understanding is this was one of the sketchier cases where they ruled the woman was too drunk to give consent.

So are we at a place now where this guy can never work again because a balance of probability is he had sex with someone who was too drunk to know what they were doing?

Where would Val McDermid and Nicola Sturgeon like this guy to work? When is he allowed to work again and what is he allowed to do? Or should he just be an unemployed burden on society for the rest of his life or perhaps just be shot in the back of the head?

I can't help thinking if he'd been convicted in a criminal court, he'd have been out by now anyway and perhaps people would have been happier that he'd been adequately punished? Is a civil conviction for rape effectively a life sentence? Was a civil case pushed because the evidence was known to be sketchy? My impression is if this case had gone to a Scottish criminal court, it would probably have been returned as "not proven".

Would he have a case for wrongful dismissal if he is being dismissed for something the employer knew to be the case when the contract was signed?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:10 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So are we at a place now where this guy can never work again because a balance of probability is he had sex with someone who was too drunk to know what they were doing?

If the woman was too drunk to give consent, is that a defence one could use generally in Scotland if an accusation of rape is made by someone who has had 'a few too many'? Surely the test must be whether consent is freely given, not how much someone has had to drink? If the latter, any drunk who passes out becomes a potential 'funfair', and that can't be right in a civilised society...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2