Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Who didn't kill themselves?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 05 Feb 2022    Post subject: Who didn't kill themselves? Reply with quote

At the moment we have:

Joe Rogan.

Jimmy Carr.

Canadian truckers.

Johns Hopkins University.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... What the hell are you talking about?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:03 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

One was quoting Black people and using Black people language.

One Told a joke that most people are thinking.

One group have had enough of being taken for mugs and losing their livelihoods and Go Fund Me has stolen over £9 million donated to their cause because, well because they aren't left wing like the BLM who spend the money donated on multi-million dollar homes or four.

One does something regarding Covid and Slavery I think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:14 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Joe Rogan thing is fascinating.

In the space of about two weeks he's become a real enemy of the people the powers that be.

He was gaining too much social clout. The only people granted such influential status are those in the ivory towers of politics and corporate news media. Not some comedian UFC commentary talk show podcast guy.

It's fascinating because it shows how the west operates censorship and has its own flavour of media suppression. The attack on him is deliberate and targeted.

The same has happened again and again. Tommy Robinson, as much as I hated him, was deliberately targeted and ostracised because his following grew so large. Same for Jeremy Corbyn.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I find interesting...

If you were to look up "most offensive joke" (for UK comedians) you'd more than likely turn up Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle:

Riskiest Jokes - VOL. 1 | Jimmy Carr

Frankie Boyle's Most Offensive Jokes

So why is one touted as "worse than Hitler!" and the other has his own tired and boring TV show on Britain's Wokest channel? Thinking

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

If you were to look up "most offensive joke" (for UK comedians) you'd more than likely turn up Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle:

So why is one touted as "worse than Hitler!" and the other has his own tired and boring TV show on Britain's Wokest channel? Thinking

The lynch mob hasn't got to him yet, I assume.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
The Joe Rogan thing is fascinating.

In the space of about two weeks he's become a real enemy of the people the powers that be.

He was gaining too much social clout. The only people granted such influential status are those in the ivory towers of politics and corporate news media. Not some comedian UFC commentary talk show podcast guy.

It's fascinating because it shows how the west operates censorship and has its own flavour of media suppression. The attack on him is deliberate and targeted.

The same has happened again and again. Tommy Robinson, as much as I hated him, was deliberately targeted and ostracised because his following grew so large. Same for Jeremy Corbyn.

Tommy Robinson is a GREAT example. He absolutely gets persecuted by the state, police and media. He also does at least some pretty bad stuff and pretends he is completely innocent. As an example, I've seen a video where he randomly attacks some football fan which is the actions of a violent thug.

This is how the police operate these days. Instead of going after everyone, they make an example of those who speak out in an attempt to shut people up. It's always easier to scape people from discussing a societal problems than to actually solve the problem. This is also why they are so keen to monitor the encrypted internet communications as it provides a safe space to discuss in relative freedom. They would like nothing more than a backdoor to Telegram, Signal and a Facebook profile and messenger scanner!

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

You sound shocked. No one cares about a nutter screaming on a street corner but when they speak to millions, of course they have an effect and are a bigger "problem" for some.

Difference between Tommy Waxy Lemon is that he was a cunt and did plenty of things to warrant nationwide condemnation.

Cornbin was just subject to a hugely succesful Murdoch smear campaign.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard the offending joke, but possibly Carr is the odd one out on that list...for now. Lord Percy pretty much nailed the gist of the thread. Go against the narrative and gain popular support and they home in on you to shut you down, effectively make you disappear or engage in a smear campaign against you.

Who really thinks that the Canadian truckers are all a bunch of white supremacists, as Trudeau has said? Hundreds, if not thousands of white supremacists? In Canada? I mean, really?! Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

To a degree, but also didn't help himself with his own utterances.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

It's a bit odd since the Church Of Woke don't generally go in for atonement or redemption. I suppose if you go far enough and become a true activist for their gods, they might make exceptions. While you're still of use to them at least.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble with TR is that he damages the real causes that he sometimes speaks about. It's almost like he were an establishment plant, designed to do so.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:39 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The Artist wrote:

To a degree, but also didn't help himself with his own utterances.

It didn't help him that he was in bed with the IRA when there was, in their words, a war going on. Begum got her citizen ship revoked for similar.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to debate against myself here but I've realised the Joe Rogan thing might not be a deliberate campaign against him. It could just be your average garden variety of news media at its worst.

What started out as a handful of music celebrities demanding to be removed from Spotify as a means of protest against his apparent platforming of covid conspiracy stories, has naturally evolved into a media attack against him for no reason other than: Joe Rogan is a huge name, so stories about him sell. It's just a media narrative because clicks + viewers = news revenue.

I'm currently leaning more toward it not being an evil campaign against him because he hasn't ever used his platform for anything seriously political (unlike Tommy Robinson or Corbyn who were political to their core). I've never seen Joe Rogan as a political figure.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:54 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

It didn't help him that he was in bed with the IRA when there was, in their words, a war going on. Begum got her citizen ship revoked for similar.

And it was nthe tories that made peace with them. How about you tar them with that brush as well?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

And it was nthe tories that made peace with them. How about you tar them with that brush as well?

I thought Mo Mowlem had a big hand in that? Didn't think she was a Tory.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Going to debate against myself here but I've realised the Joe Rogan thing might not be a deliberate campaign against him. It could just be your average garden variety of news media at its worst.

What started out as a handful of music celebrities demanding to be removed from Spotify as a means of protest against his apparent platforming of covid conspiracy stories, has naturally evolved into a media attack against him for no reason other than: Joe Rogan is a huge name, so stories about him sell. It's just a media narrative because clicks + viewers = news revenue.

I'm currently leaning more toward it not being an evil campaign against him because he hasn't ever used his platform for anything seriously political (unlike Tommy Robinson or Corbyn who were political to their core). I've never seen Joe Rogan as a political figure.

I don't think campaigns against such folk are necessarily coordinated between all the players. But there seems to be a tendency for certain 'interests' to jump on various such bandwagons, knowing that others, especially the corporates, will quickly cave. Spotify has just removed about 70 of Rogan's podcasts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So why is one touted as "worse than Hitler!" and the other has his own tired and boring TV show on Britain's Wokest channel?

Didn't Frankie Boyle have his comedy balls chopped off after the Katie Price/Harvey rape joke? He was funny before that but is v.dull in comparison now.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Spotify has just removed about 70 of Rogan's podcasts.

Quote:
If Spotify doesn’t immediately remove @joerogan I will release new music onto the platform.

Laughing
https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/1487364023003844610

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who really thinks that the Canadian truckers are all a bunch of white supremacists

Probably the Canadian equivalent of Brits who think British truckers are all Yorkie-eating prostitute-killers. Talk about giving a dog a bad name... Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:34 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peace talks were started by John major. Then there was an election that the tories lost so Labour continued the process.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatch said "we dont talk to terrorists" then it turned out there had been back room contact with the IRA for years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16366413.amp

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCs joke (career suicide note?) was basically

"Everyone talks about how the nazis killed millions of jews
yet no one mentions the thousands of gypsies killed by them.
-No one ever mentions the positives"

This is the joke that triggered the moral outrage
This we're informed is hate speech.

I'd go as far as tasteless and you could say it's insensitive
with some justification but nowadays
we have to leap straight into hysterical HATE! mode.
Anyone who doesn't is bad people, rassis nassi biggit etc

I find it all quite tiresome

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW
'Back channels' are thing that's been around for ever
they're actually quite useful

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:36 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Peace talks were started by John major. Then there was an election that the tories lost so Labour continued the process.

So you basically made a pretty pointless comment Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3