Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pizza Hut new policy ..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Pizza Hut new policy .. Reply with quote

I went in a Pizza Hut last night for tea with daughter, and was asked to pay immediately after we’d ordered, being told it was ‘new company policy’. Eh? That doesn’t make sense to me, has anybody else had this or did they just decide they didn’t like the look of us?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:35 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the only way we can answer is if you post a picture of what you looked like.

D'ya like dags?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op lives in rough area and has regular absconders.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:39 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

They recognised your daughter because she's notorious for doing a runner without paying.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

They recognised 1198 because he's notorious for doing a runner without paying.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind paying in advance or after, where possible I use my credit card so that if the restaurant misses items, fucks something up then I will charge-back when I get home. They never dispute it, if they did I would appeal anyway.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
if the restaurant misses items, fucks something up then I will charge-back when I get home. They never dispute it, if they did I would appeal anyway.

eh - how does that work? Some yoof spoof I'm not aware of??

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
if the restaurant misses items, fucks something up then I will charge-back when I get home. They never dispute it, if they did I would appeal anyway.

Just do it through the app for either your debit or credit card.

With a credit card you can be refunded for anything in the previous six years as long as it was over £100.00 and under £30,000.00. It can be goods or services: doesn't matter. With a debit card you can only be refunded for things in the previous 120 days but it can be any value.

The process thereafter is mostly the same but it's easier to do with credit card because the proof required is a lot less. With debit card charge back you will need to show proof of purchase as well as proof of mitigation/ complaint/ non-delivery undertaken with the seller/ service provider.

In both cases the card issuer will refund you the money back into your card. They then notify the seller/ service provider they did it and it's then up to them to appeal against it by replying with evidence that the product/ service was delivered, not faulty, etc. You then have a chance to appeal their appeal and it goes to arbitration with whoever the actual payment processor is (American Express, MasterCard or VISA).

I only do it on genuine occasions where something has went wrong because if it wasn't genuine then the other side likely has proof you're a fraudulent cunt and then you'll lose. If its' genuine you don't need to worry and will keep the dough.

I've also taken companies to court over cash purchases. I literally took a store to court over £36.00. All I wanted was a replacement, said they don't do that, so I said please just make this easy or I will force you to do it through Court, it will take months but ultimately I will get it and more and you'll have to pay all the costs. The cunt in the store rolled his eyes, let out a big sigh at me and said "oh aye, I am sure you will". At that point I was committed to it just out of principle, put in the Claim at Glasgow Sheriff Court and it took nearly 7 months before it got heard, they had to send someone up here from their main store in Birmingham, got their lawyer involved, etc. I represented myself and won.

They ended up paying damages for breach of contract, party litigant fees to me and for my court fees (as well as the cost of their guy travelling, hiring a lawyer, etc). I was directly paid over £1,100.00 their actual loss would be higher still, all over a £36.00 plushie and a flippant cunt on the living wage. I gave them good and fair warning right at the start and then they pull a surprised Pikachu face when I follow through on it.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Just do it through the app for either your debit or credit card.

With a credit card you can be refunded for anything in the previous six years as long as it was over £100.00 and under £30,000.00. It can be goods or services: doesn't matter. With a debit card you can only be refunded for things in the previous 120 days but it can be any value.

The process thereafter is mostly the same but it's easier to do with credit card because the proof required is a lot less. With debit card charge back you will need to show proof of purchase as well as proof of mitigation/ complaint/ non-delivery undertaken with the seller/ service provider.

In both cases the card issuer will refund you the money back into your card. They then notify the seller/ service provider they did it and it's then up to them to appeal against it by replying with evidence that the product/ service was delivered, not faulty, etc. You then have a chance to appeal their appeal and it goes to arbitration with whoever the actual payment processor is (American Express, MasterCard or VISA).

I only do it on genuine occasions where something has went wrong because if it wasn't genuine then the other side likely has proof you're a fraudulent cunt and then you'll lose. If its' genuine you don't need to worry and will keep the dough.

I've also taken companies to court over cash purchases. I literally took a store to court over £36.00. All I wanted was a replacement, said they don't do that, so I said please just make this easy or I will force you to do it through Court, it will take months but ultimately I will get it and more and you'll have to pay all the costs. The cunt in the store rolled his eyes, let out a big sigh at me and said "oh aye, I am sure you will". At that point I was committed to it just out of principle, put in the Claim at Glasgow Sheriff Court and it took nearly 7 months before it got heard, they had to send someone up here from their main store in Birmingham, got their lawyer involved, etc. I represented myself and won.

They ended up paying damages for breach of contract, party litigant fees to me and for my court fees (as well as the cost of their guy travelling, hiring a lawyer, etc). I was directly paid over £1,100.00 their actual loss would be higher still, all over a £36.00 plushie and a flippant cunt on the living wage. I gave them good and fair warning right at the start and then they pull a surprised Pikachu face when I follow through on it.

Aha, right I see - good work..

..what's an app ?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

..what's an app ?

It's a great thing, open up for phone and look for the little icon that says "App Store", type on it the word "Grindr", hit search, download the app and sign up. You'll then be able to get expert advice from some guys on there - DM them your mobile number and they'll send you some helpful pics Laughing Laughing

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've muddled chargeback and section 75 there, both credit and debit support chargeback.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:

I think you've muddled chargeback and section 75 there, both credit and debit support chargeback.

I know, I have charged back on both credit and debit cards. I've also run foul of the 120 day limit on debit card charge backs where a company went bust that I had a pre-order paid in advance with. Section 75 doesn't apply to debit cards.

Polo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my credit card so that if the restaurant misses items, fucks something up then I will charge-back when I get home.

Tell me you are Scottish without telling me you are actually Scottish.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polo wrote:
Op lives in rough area and has regular absconders.

That may be it - maybe I looked dodgy! I’ll go in a suit next time - see if that’s it!
I was curious if it was a widespread policy or just local area or even local to this branch.

Polo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Croydon and whilst I've never seen this policy applied, would understand the reasons for doing so.

Like being asked to pay first if you arrived at a petrol station 2 up on a ped.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the way Nando's roll so not unprecedented. I've always considered Pizza Hut to be a bit low rent anyway Smile

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
It's the way Nando's roll so not unprecedented. I've always considered Pizza Hut to be a bit low rent anyway Smile

Posh git Laughing rubbing elbows with TMF at Pizza Express instead of mulling around with us commoners in Pizza Hut Crying or Very sad

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

a flippant cunt on the living wage.

You just went down hill very quickly in my view. With your other posts on earnings it has built up a picture.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 11 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
a flippant cunt on the living wage.

You just went down hill very quickly in my view. With your other posts on earnings it has built up a picture.

Fair enough, taking a dig at someone else on the basis of their earnings is poor form: I accept the criticism there. However, I am not going to apologise for earning more than someone else or being disgruntled at paying tax.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 11 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubbing elbows with TMF at Pizza Express

Lol - I've always held an impression of the average Pizza Express customer and TMF sure fits the bill.. same twats who take a push bike to Halfords to get a puncture fixed - usually in the back of an Avant.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:47 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind paying in advance or after, where possible I use my credit card so that if the restaurant misses items, fucks something up then I will charge-back when I get home. They never dispute it, if they did I would appeal anyway.

Except chargebacks don't work on Chip & Pin transactions Laughing

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:

Well, chargebacks don't work on transactions below £100, and at that figure Chip & Pin doesn't work anyway, so... Eh?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:35 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:

So what happens if I steal your card after looking over your shoulder when you type your pin in?

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

..what's an app ?

It's a great thing, open up for phone and look for the little icon that says "App Store", type on it the word "Grindr", hit search, download the app and sign up. You'll then be able to get expert advice from some guys on there - DM them your mobile number and they'll send you some helpful pics Laughing Laughing

I tried that but alas I couldn't find this App Store you mention on my Samsung phone. Is this Grindr thing only for iPhone users?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 13 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:

Yes you can.

https://www.mastercard.us/content/dam/mccom/global/documents/chargeback-guide.pdf

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/default/files/chargeback_report_revised.pdf

https://www.ukfinance.org.uk/area-of-expertise/cards/chargeback-and-section-75
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2