BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Storm Eunice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Storm Eunice Reply with quote

So a thread to show how it's affecting you.

For me, Ive been on my boat overnight but nothing bad YET. They are saying midday for us when it's getting to its worst. I'm moored on springs

At the moment it's hardly rocking the boat but I expect that will change soon.

https://i.postimg.cc/4xmKS1BB/IMG-marina.png

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot down south have a red warning. Up north its a 'put your big coat on' day so far...

Smile

Last edited by Diggs on 10:05 - 18 Feb 2022; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:55 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a week to be replacing a fence and digging out for a new shed base. High winds and pissing rain. Rolling Eyes
Back garden looks like the Somme minus the corpses. FML. Still at least I bought all my panels before the inevitable
shortage of them soon after this storm hits. Windy but dry and sunny here in Bristol.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:07 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been out in my slippers, usually it's socks, but I thought I might take the added precaution going to put rubbish in the bin. I need to go shopping later, so will wear my neck tube while I'm on the bike, you never know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:21 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of snow up here but nothing worrying, no wind or rain...so far anyway.

What do you mean 'moored on springs'?

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a race here right now. Will the dustmen collect my bin before the wind picks up properly and empties it down the street instead.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
It's a race here right now. Will the dustmen collect my bin before the wind picks up properly and empties it down the street instead.

By me the bin persons spread the rubbish across the road themselves. I think they go on a two day course to learn the valuable skill set.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
Bit of snow up here but nothing worrying, no wind or rain...so far anyway.

What do you mean 'moored on springs'?

Springs in the mooring ropes. It allows you to pre tension the ropes which stops the boat banging against the jetty in bad weather or when the water level changes.

https://i.postimg.cc/j5jBHLsw/spring.jpg

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patio furniture cover came off during Dudley earlier this week, so that's all now in the back of the garage for the time being. Also taken the bird feeders and hanging baskets down. Other than that, we're just watching the dog have the same shit 3 times.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Other than that, we're just watching the dog have the same shit 3 times.

Is is groundhog day in your neck of the woods? Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:04 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My as yet unfitted brand new panels are now jammed between two walls (after going over once in a big gust where they
were this morning)with a bag of sand on top of them, hopefully they will stay put there. I've put my wheelbarrow upside
down and put a bag of sand on that, the good side of this that the old fence had already been removed because this
wind certainly would have had it down, it was long overdue for replacement. I'm getting some bungees out of the van to
tighten the cover on my scoot next, it's acting like a sail and who knows how much windier it might get today. Then I'm
off to dig a hole for a fence post, a nice wind friendly job to keep things moving along.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

Quote:
Springs in the mooring ropes.

What a good idea! On our nearby length of the Rochdale, the soap-dodgers and smack-survivors (Hebden Bridge boat dwellers...) use car tyres.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
Other than that, we're just watching the dog have the same shit 3 times.

There are lots more things I'd rather spend doing repeat after repeat than having a shit. Laughing

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:10 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Diggs wrote:

There are lots more things I'd rather spend doing repeat after repeat than having a shit. Laughing

I dunno, there's not much more satisfying than one of those comfy poo types that need no wiping.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:16 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I'm getting some bungees out of the van to
tighten the cover on my scoot next, it's acting like a sail and who knows how much windier it might get today.

I'd take the cover off, if it's anything like we've already had several times this winter it would be ripped or gone if it didn't topple the bike.
It would be absurd to risk having a bike with cover anywhere near the house here for most of the winter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:38 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red warning here, nto seen anything interesting. It's loud though.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all OK on the boat so I've nipped home only to find utter devastation..................... My bird box has blown over.

https://i.postimg.cc/J7XtZntd/bird-box.png

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:47 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS and then the rain doth cometh..... I'm trying to work here.... Middle Finger

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently peaking here at the moment, just had to rescue a couple of the larger flowerpots I thought would be OK. Nuffink to write home about really.

Wife's pointed me at a neat looking website :-

https://www.windy.com/EGBK?52.305,-1.892,8

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past few days its' been windy as fuck up here, trampolines getting blown about cunts back gardens. I've put my two bikes up in between my parents house and their conservatory so they don't get blown over or damaged by flying debris as they are sheltered in the aclove.

Was snowing today and everyone is shitting the bed and pissing their pants trying to drive in the slush. When I drive in Canada people just get one with it, put on snow tyres and be done with it. Here in the UK everyone struggles and can't drive worth a fuck in the snow/ slush.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
yen_powell wrote:

By me the bin persons spread the rubbish across the road themselves. I think they go on a two day course to learn the valuable skill set.
They're pretty good here, no mess and they always turn up on the correct day even through the pandemic. I have friends who never have a bin collection on the stated day and all their neighbours get excited when they see a bin lorry at the bottom of the street.

My bin was successfully emptied and I've laid it down so it doesn't go walkies and ding a car or two.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far (hopefully) all we have had so far is that the wind has thrown our wheelie bins around the garden.
I laid them down and put a paving slab inside each one, problem solved.

It was quite bad here yesterday also.
I had bait in the fridge to use up , so I went fishing Shocked Shocked .
Not my brightest idea!, I spent a lot of the time chasing various items of kit down the riverbank Shocked .

I’m hoping tomorrow (Saturday) willbe a bit easier as I have to travel from Norfolk to Ipswich and back.
Just to be on the safe side, I will put some drinking water and an extra coat in the car in case nature leaves me stranded .

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Well, all OK on the boat so I've nipped home only to find utter devastation..................... My bird box has blown over.

https://i.postimg.cc/J7XtZntd/bird-box.png

Have you called your insurance company?
Will you need counselling ?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one time I'm glad my shed is full of crap as it probably would have blown away Smile The BBQ and incinerator bin have toppled out the back and the garden bin (empty) out the front has had enough and keeled over.

Glad I moved my bike last night else it'd be embedded in the front lawn by now Shocked

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:14 - 18 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two houses within about 50 yards of where I live have lost ridge tiles. Fortunately neither is my house.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3