Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Morgan Super 3

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 25 Feb 2022    Post subject: New Morgan Super 3 Reply with quote

I suppose technically it's a motorcycle...

https://youtu.be/NPmUvibglfM

The more I look at it the more I don't care for it Thinking I expect it's great fun to drive though.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 25 Feb 2022    Post subject: Re: New Morgan Super 3 Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The more I look at it the more I don't care for it Thinking I expect it's great fun to drive though.

Sick sorry, not for me at all. It's just the reverse version of a trike and I cannot accept trikers as bikers.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 25 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a trike. official:

I've always had a techy type interest in trikes and worked on and had a go at few but never wanted to drive one for more than 10 minutes as the novelty soon wore off.

As someone once said about trikes in general:
"You have the disadvantages of both car and bike but none of the
advantages"

£41,000, 40 mpg, bespoke( expensive) tyres etc make it
a hipster machine

ahm oot

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 25 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep wondering who would actually buy one?

For 41 grand you could get a great bike, sporty or touring and still have lots left over for drugs and prostitutes or spend it on a
very decent motor.

It seems to me that only people with a shit ton of disposable income burning a hole in their pocket would buy one.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 25 Feb 2022    Post subject: Re: New Morgan Super 3 Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
It's just the reverse version of a trike and I cannot accept trikers as bikers.

I'd agree, but there are people (with injuries/balance issues) where it's the closest they can get to proper bikes. I knew a woman who rode an outfit (motorcycle/sidecar) for years because she had inner ear issues that affected her balance. There's no other good reason for trikes though. If you CAN ride a bike and CHOOSE to ride a trike, you're not a biker. See below -

https://i.imgur.com/E3W3Apo.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 01 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love riding trikes. I've had loads and built many of them myself. The thing is you have to turn off your bike head when you get on a trike. Youl have to have a bit of inner showoff about you as it will get remarked about wherever you go.

I would never have had a trike on it's own, always a bike as well but some days it was just right getting the trike out and going for a blat on a sunny Sunday. That said, I quite liked the old Morgan with the V twin. Not so keen on that new one.

It's certainly not for everyone and takes some real getting used to trying to steer one when ou are used to leaning a bike. Obviously that Morgan is more akin to a car than a bike so no real problem getting used to driving it.

Sunday morning decisions when I was well into my WWings. Which shall I take. Thinking

https://i.postimg.cc/gjdKtysM/P1160011.jpg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:13 - 01 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I preferred the old style ones with a huge air-cooled v-twin on the front. Morgan 3-wheelers used to have JAP engines (like you find in Brough Superiors). They famously drove one overland from Paris to Peking in the 1920s.

If I landed up with a disability that meant I could only ride a trike, I think I'd go for a can-am though.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 01 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: New Morgan Super 3 Reply with quote

Sick sorry, not for me at all. It's just the reverse version of a trike and I cannot accept trikers as bikers.

I nod at trikes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 01 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I preferred the old style ones with a huge air-cooled v-twin on the front. Morgan 3-wheelers used to have JAP engines (like you find in Brough Superiors). They famously drove one overland from Paris to Peking in the 1920s.

If I landed up with a disability that meant I could only ride a trike, I think I'd go for a can-am though.

I've ridden one and it was great fun. I woiuldn't call it disabled friendly unless your disability was say only a limb loss. They aren't very arm chair sort of vehicles.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:16 - 01 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trike riders are very much bikers.

More than a little small minded to say they aren’t I’m afraid.

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 01 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t want one but I like that it exists, I like the engineering and design attention to detail and I like how well the Morgan bloke talked about it. I’d love a go in one.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 02 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: New Morgan Super 3 Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I nod at trikes.

Well, I nod scoots already so if I came across a trike I probably would too. I see a helmet and instinctively nod. Even looked like more of a tool than usual nodding passing bikers while driving my cage Embarassed

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 02 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Trike riders are very much bikers.

More than a little small minded to say they aren’t I’m afraid.

What about people riding quad bikes, are they bikers too? Has the word “bike” in the name. What about people on e-bikes those can go as fast as 50cc motorcycles. Or e-scooters? I struggled to keep up with a guy on his e-scoot when I was on my 125cc.

Just curious where the line is or definition ends. See to me biker refers specially to someone riding a motorbike but does the term simply extend to anyone riding something that’s not an all-enclosed metal box? I am curious of the BCF philosophers views Laughing

These electric trikes also lean into corners and are fully enclosed boxes. So anyone riding this is also a biker? It’s a trike after all:

https://www.carverelectric.co.uk/

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 02 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose "bike" would be any non-covered vehicle you ride on, as in the seating. So quad-bike yes but the Morgan is really a 3-wheeled as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and the steering wheel Smile

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 02 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I suppose "bike" would be any non-covered vehicle you ride on, as in the seating. So quad-bike yes but the Morgan is really a 3-wheeled as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and the steering wheel Smile

So the trike with the cover isn't a biker but if you cut the roof off it then you're a biker? Laughing Laughing

I know it isn't that deep or important, just having some fun poking at the definition Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:50 - 02 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the root of the word 'Biker' is 'Bicycle' and not 'tricycle' or 'quadrocycle' a biker must be on two wheels.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 02 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve even nodded at folk in classic convertibles and got a nod and a smile back. It’s an acknowledgement of a shared perverseness.

Quad “bike” drivers on the other hand are chavs and don’t get any acknowledgement unless it’s the two fingers* I raised at the idiot ‘filtering.’ I prayed one of the on-coming cars wouldn’t move over but they all did. Crying or Very sad

*Dates me, probably. The foreign middle-finger salute is de rigeur these days, I believe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 03 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
.Quad “bike” drivers on the other hand are chavs and don’t get any acknowledgement unless it’s the two fingers

All the farmers out there: "am I a joke to you?" Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
.Quad “bike” drivers on the other hand are chavs and don’t get any acknowledgement unless it’s the two fingers

All the farmers out there: "am I a joke to you?" Laughing

I meant to add, “on the road,” but farmers ought to walk anyway. It’s not like they’ve got anything else to do outside of harvest / lambing.
Pass the popcorn

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:56 - 05 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: New Morgan Super 3 Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

not watched it but without spoked wheels they look disgusting

my mate built a copy from a kit using a honda cx650 turbo lump

there are some 4 wheel conversions though they're rare - i never understood why it wasn't more popular. According to those who've owned both 3 and 4 the latter are superior in every way.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD5ogtNpJo2fcCilRPucK0qGPqWeDzGTq40om3BIId7VByGHwFZ80wL5eZhONVg6SRSF0&usqp=CAU

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 24 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1