BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2022

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 28 Feb 2022    Post subject: MotoGP 2022 Reply with quote

Kicks off this weekend in Qatar......woot!

You're welcome Thumbs Up

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 28 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it! Is it worth creating a poll, predictions for the championship? I've got soft spot for Pecco after his battle with Marquez last season, so maybe it'll be his (and Ducati's) year.

Norts1531
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 28 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stuck a fiver on Jorge Martin. Developing talent, plus he's on one of those Ducati missiles! (And the odds were a lot better than Bangnaia!)

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 28 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 February 2022-Sepang MotoGP Official Test-Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia

11 February 2022-Mandalika MotoGP Official Test-Pertamina Mandalika Circuit, Indonesia

19 February 2022-Portimão Moto2 and Moto3 Official Test-Autódromo Internacional do Algarve, Portugal

6 March 2022-Round 1 - Grand Prix of Qatar-Losail International Circuit, Qatar

20 March 2022-Round 2 - Grand Prix of Indonesia-Pertamina Mandalika Circuit, Indonesia

3 April 2022-Round 3 - Gran Premio Michelin de la Repúlica Argentina-Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina

10 April 2022-Round 4 - Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas-Circuit of the Americas, USA

24 April 2022-Round 5 - Grande Prémio de Portugal-Autódromo Internacional do Algarve, Portugal

1 May 2022-Round 6 - Gran Premio Red Bull de España-Circuito de Jerez - Angel Nieto, Spain

15 May 2022-Round 7 - Shark Helmets Grand Prix de France-Le Mans, France

29 May 2022-Round 8 - Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley-Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello, Italu

5 June 2022-Round 9 - Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya-Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain

19 June 2022-Round 10 - Liqui Moly Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland-Sachsenring, Germany

26 June 2022-Round 11 - Motul TT Assen-TT Circuit Assen, Netherlands
10 July 2022-Round 12 - Grand Prix of Finland-Kymiring, Finland

7 August 2022-Round 13 - Monster Energy British Grand Prix-Silverstone Circuit, UK

21 August 2022-Round 14 - Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich-Red Bull Ring - Spielberg, Austria

4 September 2022-Round 15 - Gran Premio de San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini-Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli, Italy

18 September 2022-Round 16 - Gran Premio de Aragón-Motorland Aragón, Spain

25 September 2022-Round 17 - Motul Grand Prix of Japan-Twin Ring Motegi, Japan

2 October 2022-Round 18 - Thailand Grand Prix-Chang International Circuit, Thailand

16 October 2022-Round 19 - Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix-Phillip Island, Australia

23 October 2022-Round 20 - Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix-Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia

6 November 2022-Round 21 - Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana-Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Spain

Last edited by Howling Terror on 12:48 - 27 May 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it hasn't been a great start for for Pecco or Martin (or any of the favorites in fact)! On the other hand, if you just want some great racing and a wide open championship Very Happy Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 11 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mcphee to miss the next round due to injury.

The fella has no luck.

Yamaha aren't doing very well.

If Suzuki can tweak (possibly with a different rider....hmm Miller at contract change time?) they'll be real contenders....that thing did 225mph at that race and not lost too much ability in the corners.

Pol vs Marc Bounce!

KTM ...looks like it may be a better year...I'm hoping for a few more top steps.

Ducati...must feel embarrassment as last year's bike is better than the '22 with Pecco and Jack complaining of inconsistent feeling and tests with too may changes thus unable to get confidence with the new bike.

Race Highlights (6mins long) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I31PKdv1rY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 12 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
John Mcphee to miss the next round due to injury.

The fella has no luck.

He really doesn't, but at the same time, he's been in Moto3 for a good while, and it just doesn't look like it's going to happen for him. :/

Howling Terror wrote:
Yamaha aren't doing very well.

I saw an interview with Quartararo, and he said the only thing he asked for was a bit more straight line speed (it's well known to be the least powerful bike in the paddock), and they didn't give it to him. He's the world champion, and they can't give him the one thing he's asked for? They deserve everything they get.

Howling Terror wrote:
Pol vs Marc Bounce!

Could be good, but there's so many interesting rivalries for all sorts of different reasons this year...

Howling Terror wrote:
Ducati...must feel embarrassment as last year's bike is better than the '22 with Pecco and Jack complaining of inconsistent feeling and tests with too may changes thus unable to get confidence with the new bike.

It's been a bad start certainly. But if they hadn't had any changes they'd be complaining too, and Ducati throwing the kitchen sink at the championship really seems like a good thing. Some "new bits" work (like the back end dropping launch device stuff) and some don't. But every rider wants them, they just need to find out which ones work and which don't now.

I've found that in the past, first race results tend to be very different from the rest of the season, maybe because it's the first real chance the teams get to collect "real world" data on the way the bikes behave (outside of relatively limited tests) in a wide range of conditions. After the first race I'd imagine they're all doing a lot of analysis on the data and they've got a much better idea of what will work for the following races.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 20 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

No results spoilers unless you're called Marc Marquez in free practice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOQuSLpVsAYkizh?format=jpg&name=medium

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 20 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
No results spoilers unless you're called Marc Marquez in free practice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOQuSLpVsAYkizh?format=jpg&name=medium

Whatever your opinion of Marquez, he took a real battering this morning including his head hitting the tarmac. Hard.

With his lingering shoulder injury and the threat of blindness if he has another head injury, someone, maybe his competitive Dad, should be saying, Marc, maybe it's time to find a new job, before you completely wreck yourself and the rest of your life. Rolling Eyes

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 22 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda have just said that Marc has suffered a reoccurrence of his diplopia eye problem following his crash in Indonesia.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:49 - 24 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the end for MM93, I don't think he can come back from this!
Even if he wants to come back will the medics let him?
Another big crash could be life changing for him and that has to be somewhere in the back of his mind.
I wonder how much pressure he'll be under from sponsors and Dorna to continue?
He needs some really good advice right now, whether he's going to get it and whether he would take it are unknowns!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 31 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyup Sid.

From what I've read and gleaned from various racing podcasts and tweets by racing journalists is that Marc isn't under any pressure other than himself.

His crash rate is 1 in 10 (includes all sessions, races and Moto2) and considering the brutal ways he has crashed it is a miracle he's still with us never mind 8 world championships.

This from Puig

"Marc is angry, but the injury is less serious than last year. As soon as he has solved the problems he will run, no test is needed"

and Ago

Agostini advises caution to the Cervera pilot. "He always runs to win and to go to the maximum, but we have to understand where that maximum is," he said. "I've seen the statistics, one year it had 27 falls, last year 22... it's a lot. You have to understand that from a certain limit, you fall. By falling so much in the past without hurting himself, Marc has probably gained value as well."

and Marc

Today I don't feel like smiling but we'll find a way to do it again. Always strong

What makes these daredevils do the TT ..Boxing...naked nettle squatting (1997 champ BTW).
Hutchy for example..McPint is another who have already proved their worth and made the cash.

They're not reet in t'head.

Plus they've been doing it since they were dots.

https://i.imgur.com/tPCRnEV.jpg

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 31 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentina..rough on tyres.

No Bikes on track until Saturday....Plane with the spares didn't make it in time.

Stefan Bradl to dep for Marc.

Taka got the covid and also will miss the race.
"The PCR test for the Argentine Grand Prix this weekend was positive, and I did what I could do without giving up until the very end, but the result was still positive, and I'm sorry but I missed it.
I have no symptoms and am in good physical condition.
I'm sorry. I will definitely return to the Americas GP next weekend."

Yamaha have always made the podium.
Suzuki could be on the podium... Mir?

Ducati will be hoping to pull their fingers out.

<edit> Takaaki Nakagami has tested negative for covid and will race.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 02 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekends schedule has changed again, see
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/999854/1/fp3-dropped-new-saturday-schedule-argentina-motogp

Might want to update your tv records if you have them.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 02 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add 4hrs for UK time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPStZ4xXsAAAz5H?format=png&name=medium

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 02 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A topsy-turvy start to the season.

Aleix makes pole for his 200th GP.

Miller still distracted by his fast off at turn 1 may get a penalty for slowing on the racing line and knackering Fabio's lap.

Satellite Dukes looking decent... Like Ducati needed their noses rubbed in it eh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPXgGvPXwAI1JHy?format=png&name=900x900

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 03 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 08 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

COTA.

Guess who said this?

“A difficult day. I tried to start in an aggressive way, because that’s the best way to forget the crash. Then we relaxed (for FP2) and didn’t touch the bike. Tomorrow we start to work for the race.”

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 11 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITV4 8pm for race highlights.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 11 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much more interesting with 93 in the mix.

Moto 2 and 3 - they are all deranged!

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 11 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is very early in the championship yet but I am loving the variety in the top 10...

- Only two previous world championship winners, and neither of them is Marquez (4th and 5th)
- Only two full factory team bikes from the big 3 (5th and 7th)
- The top position is held by a year old satellite bike
- Every manufacturer appears at least one except for Honda!?
- There IS an Aprilia, and it's 3rd!?
- Half of them are not Spanish or Italian

I'm a big fan of this new era of MotoGP, the last few years have been such a revelation compared to the previous decade or so.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:35 - 02 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's getting the feel back.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRr5p7uXsAM0_1O?format=jpg&name=large

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 02 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S

No Suzuki next year.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTwE2DbXoAYxLbz?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miller most likely to be with KTM next year.

Yamaha may not have a satellite team next year.

Maverick to sign for another 2 years.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4