BCF: Bike Chat Forums

REQUEST FOR DONATIONS - UKRAINE REFUGEES

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 00:29 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: REQUEST FOR DONATIONS - UKRAINE REFUGEES Reply with quote

Yalding Taxis are collecting the following for the displaced refugees of Ukraine.

They are really desperate for:

First Aid Kits

Thermal blankets, sleeping bags, bedding, mats, blankets, raincoats, pillows

Personal hygiene products, toothpaste, toothbrushes

Wet wipes, nappies, powdered baby milk, paper towels, antibacterial fluids

Reusable tableware sets i.e. plates and cutlery

Batteries of various sizes, candles, flashlights

All kinds of instant, dried and canned foods i.e. instant soups to be poured with boiling water etc

Breakfast cereals

Energy bars

Dried fruits & nuts

Canned meat and fish

Pasta, Rice

But to be honest, anything helps!

We already have a living room and a spare bedroom full of boxed aid from donations in the last 24 hours but any more will be gratefully received.

We're in Yalding near Maidstone in Kent. If you live in Kent and are able to donate any of these items or anything else that may be of use for the refugees of Ukraine they will be gratefully received. We can collect if necessary. To be honest even cash donations would be just as useful as we can use this to purchase the necessary items. I might set up a GoFundMe page for cash donations but not got round to this yet, physical donations are more important than cash at this point but cash is almost as good.

I shall be liaising with the local Red Cross to see how we can get the donations to the Ukrainian border but also a group of Ukrainians who run a car garage close to where I live are doing a convoy to deliver donations. If they're short on transport space and not able to take all of the donations off us I shall be stripping the seats from one of my minibuses to join the convoy and deliver our collections to the refugee camps at the border myself.

If you can help, please PM me!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:59 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of a cash "donation" would be required for you to take Marcus with you and leave him there?

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 01:01 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL have I missed something? Marcus who?

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: REQUEST FOR DONATIONS - UKRAINE REFUGEES Reply with quote

TravisBickle wrote:
To be honest even cash donations would be just as useful as we can use this to purchase the necessary items. I might set up a GoFundMe page for cash donations but not got round to this yet, physical donations are more important than cash at this point but cash is almost as good.

Don't want to knock your efforts as it's a good thing you're doing - however what everyone on the ground is saying is that what's needed IS cash, not supplies. The logistics of getting the right stuff to the right place is to much (also I read yesterday about 3 vans of goods being turned back from the UK due to paperwork bollocks)

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 11:19 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I'm volunteering to get the stuff to the front line but yeah, I take your point Thumbs Up

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:43 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a nice thought and all that.....

But you might as well walk around with a target of your back.

You'll be at the mercy of any thugs, mafios', opportunist, gangs, bent coppers, & politians.

You: I want to bring a load of cash to help the refugees.

Them: YES of course we can take it off your hands help you distribute it to save you work...

You: Err no, I want to take it to them.

Them: That won't be possible, you westerners are all the same, you need to give us the money now....or else

of course if you have a 'special set of skills', you will find them, .....

I remember that tosser Geldof trying to go with the supplies for LiveAid because of the difficulties he was hearing about, he lost most of it to to corrupt delivery gangs, and distributor networks.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Scottish and Welsh ‘mayors’ have donated £4 million each from local government funds in addition to the £120 million donated by the UK (English?) government, but surely that’s not in their remit and they’ll be bleating for more cash to fund their own costs later. Wales ‘premier’ Drakeford even travelled to Brussels to meet ‘key international partners’ although he came straight back. Muppets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Me personally I wanted to donate for weapons which will hopefully kill some russian aggressors and the only scheme I have found so far is Czech "sponsor a tank" for Ukraine.

Details here in English:

https://www.expats.cz/czech-news/article/the-world-is-donating-to-a-czech-fundraiser-for-ukraine-s-army

From the previous news there is link to the donations page:

https://supportukraine.cz/#chci-pomoci

The Embassy of Ukraine in the Czech Republic has a bank account (304452700/0300) to which a financial amount intended for the subsequent purchase of defence equipment can be sent. Donors will therefore send a financial donation directly to the Ukrainian Embassy in the Czech Republic.

Note you can check the weird Czech bank accounts formats and get the IBAN using Czech National Bank IBAN calculator:

https://www.cnb.cz/en/payments/iban/iban-calculator-czech-republic/

Note use it like this:

https://i.imgur.com/fUmww4U.png

CZ50 0300 0000 0003 0445 2700
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 03:36 - 05 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
Its a nice thought and all that.....

But you might as well walk around with a target of your back.

You'll be at the mercy of any thugs, mafios', opportunist, gangs, bent coppers, & politians.

In Poland?

Was gonna go to the Ukrainian border, not Moscow Thinking

Anyway looks like it might not be happening now. They've taken all the food, first aid and toiletries (a whole van load). Not taking any more clothes, shoes or bedding as there's not enough room in the lorry apparently. Sounds like a collaboration between these guys at the garage and a courier company opposite supplying the lorry. I've volunteered to drive another lorry there and back free of charge, if they can organise it, and a very generous person from the village has offered to foot the bill of the fuel cost, but I doubt it'll happen. Off to the red cross tomorrow to see if they'll take the remaining stuff and see whether my services can be used there or not...

lingeringstin...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:11 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Delusion Reply with quote

Fuck the Ukraine. And fuck anybody that supports them. Fuck any NATO country that puts illegal weapons factories and military bases in the Ukraine. If you think Russia is "the bad guy" in any of this you're so deluded even your mega-great grandchildren will be born retarded.

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 20:12 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: Delusion Reply with quote

lingeringstink wrote:
Fuck the Ukraine. And fuck anybody that supports them. Fuck any NATO country that puts illegal weapons factories and military bases in the Ukraine. If you think Russia is "the bad guy" in any of this you're so deluded even your mega-great grandchildren will be born retarded.

you need a Snickers mate?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:35 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: Delusion Reply with quote

lingeringstink wrote:
If you think Russia is "the bad guy" in any of this you're so deluded

I suppose Putin is the reincarnation of Mother Theresa?

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:38 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: Delusion Reply with quote

lingeringstink wrote:

Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some high heels that I was going to put out

They are red.
And peep-toe.
But the heels are busted, a bit chewed up. Will that be okay? I guess it doesn't matter if you're walking about in rubble anyway Crying or Very sad

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 21:12 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I've got some high heels that I was going to put out

They are red.
And peep-toe.
But the heels are busted, a bit chewed up. Will that be okay? I guess it doesn't matter if you're walking about in rubble anyway Crying or Very sad

LOL was having exactly this conversation with a friend earlier. A lady called up earlier very enthusiastically offering donations and where can she drop them off. I said we're really only accepting first aid / medical supplies and toiletries at the moment as we've been inundated with clothes, shoes and bedding and they're running out of room on the trucks. Very disappointed and deflated she said "oh, ok then, well I can't guarantee anything but I'll do my best". In other words she doesn't want to actually part with any hard cash but saw it as a perfect opportunity to get rid of some old shit she'd had kicking around her house for ages but hasn't had the heart to bin it but this could make her feel better about herself if she donated it instead so kills two birds with one stone.

Am I starting to sound ungrateful yet?

It's true though, it's hilarious you'd be surprised how many broken high heels get 'donated' at clothing/shoe collection banks. I mean seriously? This stuff is typically intended to end up in the likes of Africa. What good is that going to be to them? Laughing

My cousin used to live in an apartment block where the communal bin area was round the back of the building. There was an Oxfam shop literally next door to the main entrance of the apartment block. So rather than take all his old shit round to the bin store he'd 'donate' it to Oxfam instead as it was closer. True story.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:40 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate of mine who has been collecting for refugees for several years now, reckons that in the past they've even been given used unwashed knickers.
Puke

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 21:41 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
they've even been given used unwashed knickers.

I'll take any they don't want.

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 21:46 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://c.tenor.com/wAu-81mFPpwAAAAC/dave-chapelle-show.gif

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if gift aid applies to weapons Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: Delusion Reply with quote

lingeringstink wrote:

U OK hun?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:00 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: Delusion Reply with quote

lingeringstink wrote:

So which side shot down the airliner in 2014?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:01 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Mate of mine who has been collecting for refugees for several years now, reckons that in the past they've even been given used unwashed knickers.
Puke

Pretty sure King29 would buy them so point them in that direction.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on BBC or any other UK news outlets.

German media just reported that the UK just have been outnumbered by Belarus regarding accepting Ukrainian refugees.

Fucking Belarus!!!

UNHCR - The UN Refugee Agency

https://i.imgur.com/nz44rx6.jpg

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:59 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Not on BBC or any other UK news outlets.

German media just reported that the UK just have been outnumbered by Belarus regarding accepting Ukrainian refugees.

Fucking Belarus!!!

UNHCR - The UN Refugee Agency

https://i.imgur.com/nz44rx6.jpg

2 points.

1) russian sanctioned refugee route to Belarus.

2) Belarus has a border with Ukraine. We are half a continent away.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2