Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

"MotoGP Unlimited" series on Amazon Prime Video

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 14 Mar 2022    Post subject: "MotoGP Unlimited" series on Amazon Prime Video Reply with quote

Just noticed this series has appeared (recently?) on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B09T6NYV93/
Appears to be an 8-part documentary on the 2021 MotoGP... has anyone seen it? Any good?

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 14 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Universal 1 star reviews because the dubbing is so bad! Very Happy Hopefully they sort it because I'd love a "Drive to Survive" about MotoGP.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 16 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audio is now fixed for those that want to be able to enjoy this.

Norts1531
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:39 - 26 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dubbing was almost comical. I'd been waiting for months for this to come out, but switched it off within 10mins due to the audio. Now the dubbing has been removed it's watchable, but Netflix did Drive To Survive far better. It's decent and any racing fan will enjoy it, but it's just not been done as well as DTS. The way Netflix did theirs was really dramatic, with all the racing sounds boosted, the slo-mo replays done really effectively, and it was just better to watch. Was more like a F1 movie. The Amazon bike version just seems to be a few clips of racing/interviews strung together with no real imagination put into it. Disappointing in my opinion.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 28 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norts1531 wrote:
Now the dubbing has been removed it's watchable, but Netflix did Drive To Survive far better.

I agree, but I find it hard to put my finger on exactly why DTS is better. Clearly the people who made MGU stole the format pretty much lock, stock from DTS. I thought MGU was missing the journos giving context to the stories first of all, but it does have them.

Still think it's enjoyable to get some more context and background if you're into MotoGP, or to get up to speed if you're just getting into it. But yeah, it's not up to the same standard as DTS.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 29 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just binged watched it, thought it was excellent, wow the pressure on those guys!

OGR
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 219 days between these two posts...
pixelsu This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 164 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1