Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

P&O Sunk?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 21 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

You can choose the ones with the blue ties or the red ties, maybe yellow... or green if you're particularly daring but they all represent the pinnacle of British mediocrity Sad

Mediocrity is the norm. When I realised that I became less angry about how s#te everything is.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:33 - 21 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site?

sete?

sate?

Sote?

Sute?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 21 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Site?

sete?

sate?

Sote?

Sute?

Im comfortable with my mediocre typing. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:08 - 21 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I became less angry about how #ste everything is.

Mr. Green

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I became less angry about how #formod everything is.

Srsly though, I can't believe that the CEO bloke said "Yeah we broke the law, we chose to break the law".

Sounds like they worked out that it was worth breaking the law because they'd get a few million quid fine slapped on them. Well worth the £££ profit from hiring covid wannabees instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Srsly though, I can't believe that the CEO bloke said "Yeah we broke the law, we chose to break the law".

Sounds like they worked out that it was worth breaking the law because they'd get a few million quid fine slapped on them. Well worth the £££ profit from hiring covid wannabees instead.

And his slave master in the UAE will give him a tidy Ramadan bonus and promise he's going to start using lube at the next DP World company shag our white slaves party night.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I’d jail him. I’m not sure if that’s possible though. Can you decide to evade employment law because you can afford the fine?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "fine" merely signifies a prohibition for poor ppl Neutral

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
A "fine" merely signifies a prohibition for poor ppl Neutral

If your poor enough it's more a form of tax.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I’d jail him. I’m not sure if that’s possible though. Can you decide to evade employment law because you can afford the fine?

I think so, if you've got enough money. Because £££ = loopy lawyers = legal loopholes = case dismissed Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's the central discussion on government theft taxation, what's fairer: A flat-rate "poll tax" or a percentage-based "tithe?" Bear in mind that the former requires very little administration whereas the latter would need swathes of bean-counters armed with rubber gloves that go up to the elbow to have rummage and make sure you're paying your "fair share."

Is it fair? On the one hand the rich are expected to pay more (they don't but that's a separate issue) and yet regardless of how much one pays you're still only entitled to one vote at the ballot box. Companies are taxed and yet don't get a vote at all! "No taxation without representation!" Yeah, whatever Neutral

Ah but half the voters are thick as shit and easily influenced by the MSM / social media so I suppose it all works itself out if you can set aside the morality of social programming.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:45 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
"No taxation without representation!"

That's a Yank ideal and was one of the causes of the war of independance against.....us...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
"No taxation without representation!"

That's a Yank ideal and was one of the causes of the war of independance against.....us...

Not every idea from the other side of the pond is terrible; I never took you for an old Empire guy, Nobby. Maybe I have a pith helmet I can sell you Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or there's LFT, Land value tax.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_value_tax

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 16 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Land tax implies the government owns all the land in the country and they're renting it back to the citizens Sad From the ppl who brought you "rights are granted by the State" as in the French and therefore bad.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 16 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Land tax implies the government owns all the land in the country and they're renting it back to the citizens Sad From the ppl who brought you "rights are granted by the State" as in the French and therefore bad.

That concept could be applied to anything that's subject to taxation. Certainly taxation suggests domain in some way and there's no way other than anarchy of avoiding that. Also who actually "owns" the money ie currency you use? Essentially we already rent the cash we use from the government who in turn rent it from the banks.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 16 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing Tut Tut ahem, I dont know about Engurland but in Sturgeonervania some rights over the land a property is on are reserved by the state where the state claims mineral rights and I think land usage. So maybe it would make more sense to simplify taxation by a land value tax.

We have to be careful we don't fall down a freeman of the land rabbit hole here Confused

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 17 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
We have to be careful we don't fall down a freeman of the land rabbit hole here Confused

Oh no, that would be a step too far. I'm a "call a spade a spade" type person, we should have no illusions we somehow have the perfect system.

Fiat Currency though is just a giant pyramid-scheme con. It's got to the point in the US where politicians can say, on record, that "printing money doesn't cause inflation" and "anyway, inflation's really a good thing" Shocked

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:59 - 17 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

It's what we had before the poll tax. It was called rates.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 22 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

P&O Ferries Fires Agency Crew Citing Breach of Alcohol Policy.

“We can confirm that seven agency-employed seafarers who returned from shore were found to be in breach of our strict guidelines on alcohol consumption and have been dismissed with immediate effect,”

Oh deary me. I have to have a chortle. Laughing

https://gcaptain.com/po-ferries-fires-agency-crew-citing-breach-of-alcohol-policy/?subscriber=true&goal=0_f50174ef03-473bef714b-169942433&mc_cid=473bef714b&mc_eid=442479bf89&fbclid=IwAR338DN0b6vOAY47k2Nw2JrbKBCE5U5fZ2vvgujbUGHg2txKqYunbC_q-I4

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 22 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

They simply chose to ignore the regulations. Laughing
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 27 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder if yesterday's power outage (leading to the boat adrift for a while) was in some way crew / dollar saving related.

Either way P&O are really having a ball. Why the hell are people still using them?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 27 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I did wonder if yesterday's power outage (leading to the boat adrift for a while) was in some way crew / dollar saving related.

Either way P&O are really having a ball. Why the hell are people still using them?

Cost I would expect. People are very moralistic as long as it doesn't involve them putting their hands in their pockets.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:52 - 28 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scottish Ferries Calmac. (A Special Needs Party Work in Progress) are suffering the effects of low investment in the business. Old boats on rough seas cannot keep up with demand and remain seaworthy.

We had a Road Equivalent Fare thing which may have helped skuttle the maintenance and rebuild programs for Calmac.

The whole biz is shrouded in government manure and fish guts.

It's like Skye Bridge-gate all over again.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:41 - 28 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Scottish Ferries Calmac. (A Special Needs Party Work in Progress) are suffering the effects of low investment in the business. Old boats on rough seas cannot keep up with demand and remain seaworthy.

We had a Road Equivalent Fare thing which may have helped skuttle the maintenance and rebuild programs for Calmac.

The whole biz is shrouded in government manure and fish guts.

It's like Skye Bridge-gate all over again.

They were atrocious when I used them years ago holidaying in Jockland. I said to wifie that I don't have a clue who actually does their in port MCA inspections but he should be sacked. I remember painted lifeboat falls which made you wonder how often they did lifeboat drills. Out of date hydro release links on liferafts and awful beer served. All cases for impounding the boat. (OK, the last one isn't really Laughing ).

They also smoked like a heretic at the stake when manouevering which made me think their engine maintenance wasn't up to scratch either.

I get very critical when sailing on someone elses ships!!! Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5