Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ebay, wtf?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 23 Mar 2022    Post subject: Ebay, wtf? Reply with quote

I went to sell something on ebay which I haven't done for ages and I find they don't take paypal any more.

So I put in my bank account that I want the money paid into and this comes up.

You need to update your account details on file in order to avoid any issues with payouts in the future.

Followed by

Enter your microdeposit amounts
When you enter the deposit amounts, make sure they match the transactions in your bank account, decimals included.
These deposits will be between .01 and .99. You don't have to enter them in any particular order.

What am I meant to do? Microdeposit? Donate free pennies to ebay?

Anyone care to elucidate please.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:50 - 23 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your online banking for that account and you'll see that eBay have made two small deposits otherwise known as microdeposits amounts to your bank account.

Rain

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 23 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal used to do this 15+ years ago. We have come full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 23 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, helpful, thanks.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:19 - 28 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now really F**K off ebay....

2. Funds will be available on 11 Apr
Although the buyer has paid, funds are on hold until 11 Apr, even if the item is delivered sooner. This gives the buyer time to report any issues. Learn more about payment holds.

Why? It's not like this is my first sale on ebay?

Think I'm going to work out how to use FB marketplace, this is rediculous

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:45 - 28 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told similiar recently but the money was in my bank within a few days. Facebook marketplace is a riot! I get ignored 9 times out of 10 on anything I message about. Selling is the same, lots of retards that never get back to you after their ridiculous questions.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:44 - 28 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

You haven't sold on eBay anytime recently?

The item you've sold is significantly more expensive than previous items you've sold?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:44 - 28 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

You haven't sold on eBay anytime recently?

The item you've sold is significantly more expensive than previous items you've sold?

First one. You could still use paypal the last time I sold anything.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 29 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfortunate people stopped using gumtree.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 30 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:
It's unfortunate people stopped using gumtree.

Gumtree was bought out by Google ages ago and it went downhill from there. I listed a few items and it was 99% timewasters.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 30 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I'd check the fees as well. I got a bit of a shock last time I sold something and it posted overseas. They charged me something like 13% on the total cost including the postage. The postage was almost £50 and I didn't make money on it.
So, having sold something for £150 + £50 postage I got hit with an ebay fee of £26.

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:01 - 30 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
I was told similiar recently but the money was in my bank within a few days. Facebook marketplace is a riot! I get ignored 9 times out of 10 on anything I message about. Selling is the same, lots of retards that never get back to you after their ridiculous questions.

Facebook market place , whilst there is no comission and it's more local and all that , I can honestly say I have never been fucked around by such a load of unrealistic fucking dreamers in my life " Will you take £8.00 for it?" No love I'm asking a hundred quid. ( and so on) When you sort something out they never turn up - It's like a recruiting agency for a fucking circus.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 30 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTTD wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I'd check the fees as well. I got a bit of a shock last time I sold something and it posted overseas. They charged me something like 13% on the total cost including the postage. The postage was almost £50 and I didn't make money on it.
So, having sold something for £150 + £50 postage I got hit with an ebay fee of £26.

£5.55p on something that sold for £40.99 incuding £4.99 postage fees. So about 14% of the total. Bearable but charging a percentage for the postage is a c**ts trick.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 30 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

£5.55p on something that sold for £40.99 incuding £4.99 postage fees. So about 14% of the total. Bearable but charging a percentage for the postage is a c**ts trick.

There was an epidemic of people listing stuff for 99p with the actual cost in the shipping so it was to counter that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 30 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

There was an epidemic of people listing stuff for 99p with the actual cost in the shipping so it was to counter that.

Also I gather ebay like free postage listings so instead of starting something at .99p I might as well start it at £4.99 or whatever postage is and list it as free postage. Makes no odds either way I suppose.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1