Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 10 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
[ Stuff about needing affordable transport, perhaps. But you're not going to get many other people giving too much of a thought for mpg when it comes to bikes.

Hmm? Maybe? Perhaps?
Different times and all that.
I had a variety of 125’s in days gone by, when I was younger and not earning a big wage.
Little moneys and a need for independent transport = the fabulous Honda cg125. Very Happy

My ex had a couple that were ok to ride, the Brazilian CG125 was a shite build compared to it's predecessors but it was quite fun to ride on the back roads and filtering through slow moving city traffic.
Her old 70's Yamaha RS125 was not the best 125 of that era but it was a hoot to ride for a small machine and was quite happy lugging the two of us around whenever which of my 250 ratters that I owned at the time was stripped down on the dining table awaiting parts parts/rebuild. I found it's successor, the RXS125, reliable but dull by comparison.
The lowering of the test requirements from 250 to 125 wrecked the 250 market which was a pity because 250's were so versatile, they were fast enough to keep up with the traffic, cheap to run and had just that bit more weight to them that it didn't feel like you were stuck on a bicycle with an engine shoved in it.
Now, when you pass your test, you either stuck with the limitations of a 125 or something 499 or larger and even a restricted 500 is a completely different beast to a 125.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 10 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

LessIsMore wrote:
Plenty of Japanese bikes need computer fault diagnosis, expensive single-purpose tools, a way to measure torque angle, etc. Realistically these bikes depend on dealer service.

not the ones i buy - they're pre-efi

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:44 - 10 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My triumph uses the same one as a car. Mine cost £15 quid and it does the diagnostics to my phone.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 10 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think OP is massively autistic.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2