Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I've seen the end of the pub.......

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
A100man wrote:

Indeed so.. full of the kind of people I hate.. All arriving in Teslas from their 90s estate 4 bed detached built from breeze blocks and cardboard with postage stamp gardens.
Aaargh! Stop the world!!

Exactly, what happened to Yates's wine lodge?

I trust you mean in their pre-1990s makeover state.. I fondly recall Yates's in Bradford which was tiled to shoulder level and with sawdust on the floor (no kidding). The tiles I understood benefited cleaning down via hosepipe. Australian 'white' (the colour of stewed tea) was the tipple of choice for the impecunious student... A few glasses then a dash across the road for the lunchtime strippers at The Crown.
https://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/bradford_bd1_crown.html

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Exactly, what happened to Yates's wine lodge?

I trust you mean in their pre-1990s makeover state.. I fondly recall Yates's in Bradford which was tiled to shoulder level and with sawdust on the floor (no kidding). The tiles I understood benefited cleaning down via hosepipe. Australian 'white' (the colour of stewed tea) was the tipple of choice for the impecunious student... A few glasses then a dash across the road for the lunchtime strippers at The Crown.
https://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/bradford_bd1_crown.html[/quote]

Simerler deal in Wakefield in the mid eighties, cheap booze at Yates's then off to Heppys for "a chip and a strip".

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 17 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I fondly recall Yates's

I too remember the Yates in Bradford and Wakefield. I also remember the big one in Blackpool. We used to call Yates the 'ugly pub' because that was where all the munters, tugs and crocodillapigs used to go. If I recall, the nasty, sweet wine was called a 'dock'....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 18 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Simerler deal in Wakefield in the mid eighties, cheap booze at Yates's then off to Heppys for "a chip and a strip".

I bet we saw each other back in the 80s. Remember Pips on the Bull Ring and the dodgy steak Canadian, and Raffles too?

Plus the Jockey and the Chance....

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 18 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

I bet we saw each other back in the 80s. Remember Pips on the Bull Ring and the dodgy steak Canadian, and Raffles too?

Plus the Jockey and the Chance....

The jockey always seemed to be heaving with smellies (do heavy metalist still exist in sich form?) it was scary but i was probably just too skinny a teen, i liked the place though. My favourite for a quiet pint was the Inns of Court. There was a few back street bars round that end as well, i used to get hash from a guy known only as Rogg at one of them. I think every market town in the country has a "Raffles".

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 18 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the Inns of Court well. My sister and brother-in-law still go in. Ed Tudor-Pole is a regular apparently...

I also liked the 'Mid', or the Roundabout as it was and has become again. It had a jukebox stuck at 1978, so cracking tunes!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 18 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jings this has prompted a lot of google map cruising which im sure isnt very healthy. The roundabout i remember as along with the inns of court was on the route followed after finishing a day of lounging about at Wakey-tec ending at some pub near the prison which often had bands on. Then if we still had money then up the Westgate into town. I still have odd dreams about Wakefield but in a wierd sort of dream version which is always the same never mind what is happening in the dream.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 18 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me too. I did a term of A Levels at Wakey Tech before bombing and getting a job instead. The pub you refer to near the prison was Henry Boons if I recall. It was next door to Clarkes Brewery. It used to do a jam session on a Sunday afternoon... I had my 18th there Very Happy

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 18 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
For me too. I did a term of A Levels at Wakey Tech before bombing and getting a job instead. The pub you refer to near the prison was Henry Boons if I recall. It was next door to Clarkes Brewery. It used to do a jam session on a Sunday afternoon... I had my 18th there Very Happy

I stole a urinal from the place. Ah the eighties Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:54 - 18 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my girlfriend at the taime (I was 28, she was 18, fuck you Fat scotsman) stole a toilet pan out of a house in bath and stuck it in our flat.

Put it back where we found it on 1st April.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 19 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Me and my girlfriend at the taime (I was 28, she was 18, fuck you Fat scotsman) stole a toilet pan out of a house in bath and stuck it in our flat.

Put it back where we found it on 1st April.

Laughing Laughing did you lure her out of school with some sweets or something?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:41 - 20 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Diggs wrote:

I stole a urinal from the place. Ah the eighties Laughing

That must have taken some doing!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 20 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

They were refurbishing the bogs and foolishly left the urinals laying around. I carried it up to college and left it by D block, the art dept building, i was doing an art course at the time and urinals are a bit of a thing in the arty world.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 20 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Diggs wrote:

They were refurbishing the bogs and foolishly left the urinals laying around. I carried it up to college and left it by D block, the art dept building, i was doing an art course at the time and urinals are a bit of a thing in the arty world.

I guess your still life was piss.

But if you'd taken a toilet pan it would have been a load of shite.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 21 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I guess your still life was piss.

But if you'd taken a toilet pan it would have been a load of shite.

All art is a lie, bullshit.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3