Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Peugeot Vivacity

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Andysheff99
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:52 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Peugeot Vivacity Reply with quote

Hi can anyone help. I’m having problems with my Peugeot Vivacity 50cc scooter. I can get it working. When I put the ignition on the dash just flashes once then goes off and nothing. I’ve tried a new battery and it’s the same. Thanks

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, well you need to learn how to test a battery before replacing it,
also the battery connections may seem ok but is the battery connected to the scooter.? So with the battery disconnected check where the leads come from for corrosion. Q, is this scooter 15 years young?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:10 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the battery, its either flashing an error code (unlikely) or you have a temperamental ignition switch.

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:23 - 25 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Peugeot scooters of this era are fitted with a combined CDI/immobiliser device. It was notorious for the boring regularity with which it failed, and it sounds like yours has just carked it.

Back in the day there were firms knocking out aftermarket 'bypass' CDIs which did away with the immobiliser function altogether. That was a long time ago, however, and I doubt you'd be able to find one now. Maybe try the breakers yards although, given how crap these Peugeots were, you could be forgiven for sacking it off and weighing it in.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 16:48 - 26 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had a similar problem with some kind of peugeot scooter from 2014, it was the key barrel. The electrical contact pad at the bottom had slipped round, so the the contact points for "on" were halfway between the notches for "off" and "on".

Proper solution is a new barrel. I managed to fix the one I had, but it was very careful work to get everything lined up and staying lined up, with epoxy to hold it all in place.

Very slow move the key from "off" to "on", and hold it in place when the dash lights up. If the dash stays lit up with you holding the key in the sweet spot, the problem is the key barrel.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1