Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Things we hate about biking.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 02 Jul 2022    Post subject: Things we hate about biking. Reply with quote

Following from the other thread, some of mine are personal and some general. Getting off the bike and cooking in leathers in the summer. As I ride vintage machines ever dick head thinks they have a right to be entertained and told the history of my bikes and then tell me that they owned a Square Four just like mine (mine are all singles).

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 02 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car just sits there and I just jump in it. The bike I have to take the cover off and remove the security chain. Soooo annoying Wink

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another two of mine..."I bet you wish you had a Harley". " Nice scooter".

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needing 15 layers of security because of TWOC'ing cvnts (and the added time it takes to remove/readd at the start/end of a ride).
SMIDSY
Poorly maintained vehicles pissing diesel onto the road
Rain when you're geared up for warm weather
Twats who will actively block you from filtering in heavy traffic
No visor wipers
"Did you know one of your headlights is out" when you're riding a bike with two side-by-side headlights, and one is high beam only.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Re: Things we hate about biking. Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
ever dick head thinks they have a right to be entertained and told the history of my bikes and then tell me that they owned a Square Four just like mine (mine are all singles).

De-badgeing works wonders. Ever since a couple of charity weasels accosted me in the driveway, and one of them proceeded to tell me that he'd had experience with my bike and saw lots of them while on his gap year in Africa (which is amazing since they were only sold in Japan, Europe and America), I have de-badged. Let them tell you what your bike is.

The people involved in biking are... interesting. I don't get them, for the most part. Sure, we've got an interest in common, and they're mostly nice, but that's only ever as far as it goes. Spend £500 on a paint job on a part of your bike, yet eat £2.50 greasy bacon butties in white flour sweet buns at a van at a truck stop. Why do that? Is it comfort food? Why do you need comforting? Are you lost and alone in a strange land? Food and drink are a major part of my enjoyment of life. I just don't get that thing. I would actually switch that the other way around. You're going to remember a £500 meal, your whole life. A £2.50 rattlecan job will earn you a bit of derision but you're gonna chop and change that bike in due course anyway. So that's the bike cafe thing for starters. Second, the personal habits. You're only 50 and you find you're packing on the pounds? Back getting stiff? Knees aren't so flexible because you're at a desk all day? Well, the obvious answer is to change your bike, isn't it! Eh? How about losing some weight, going to the gym, etc. But wait - you're only 50. Do you realise that there are guys in their 60s who cycle to work 10+ miles a day, and 10+ miles back, at a steady 15mph and don't even consider that to be exercise? And what's with the askance sideways glances from hideous chicks at bike meets? Weirdos...

I do find a lot of things about motorcycle culture weird. But they're far from deal breakers - it's a nice hobby and there's always something to learn, whether that's about mechanical things or riding, or history, etc. No matter how beginnerish or experienced you are. Not much to complain about, really.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:26 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volvo drivers.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:35 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specific boots to ride in .
Specific trousers to ride in .
Specific jacket to ride in.
Gloves.
Bash-hat .
All take soooo long to put on.

Security devices, because of scumbags.

And all of the road going idiots mentioned above.
And so often, the shitty British weather!

Snorty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having to worry if it's going to be still there when you leave it out of your sight for 5 minutes.

Surface dressing.

Carrying my helmet around.

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4

Last edited by Snorty on 13:55 - 04 Jul 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like Badger and others in this thread the thing I post hate is people talking to me.

Accost is the right word. I've had people literally run to get to me before I take off and talk about falsehoods and myths and things that aren't even related to the marque I ride.

Why ask me what it is? It says on it!

Surely they can see I have places to be and I am trying to get away. Leave me alone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:
Just like Badger and others in this thread the thing I post hate is people talking to me.

I am just new to biking but I have been doing it enough now to know when someone is talking bollocks to me. Get people try and talk to me at supermarkets about how they used to be a biker or whatever then tell me they had a X, Y, Z bike and did a morbillion miles per hour.

Saying that I did meet a few people that were genuinely bikers including an older gent who had an old BSA and Triumph and said he had to give it up decades ago due to arthritis in his hands and that he doesn't like modern bikes because they are too tall now.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Specific boots to ride in .
Specific trousers to ride in .
Specific jacket to ride in.
Gloves.
Bash-hat .
All take soooo long to put on.

Security devices, because of scumbags.

And all of the road going idiots mentioned above.
And so often, the shitty British weather!

Having alternative jackets and trousers for hot/cold/wet/dry then forgetting which pocket keys/wallet/phone are in - or leaving them in the other jacket. I suppose that isn't only a biking thing.

The minor faffery of dealing with gloves on and off if you stop even briefly to do most things, especially if said gloves are a bit soggy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

people telling me 'i had one of those' No you fucking didnt mate, I made it and theres only one.

Forgeting earplugs and having the tinitus whistle

Throwing up in a helmet. Only happened once but I never want it to happen again. The worst part about throwing up in a full face helmet isnt the splash back from the chin bar, its having to peel the helmet off and rubbing vomit in your eyes and hair... That lid went in the bin.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:31 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweaty helmet.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

biking

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 inch half width single leading shoe brakes were just about adequate in 1927 they are not today so you hide to your brakes anticipating like crazy and leaving a decent gap between you and the car in front. Why does Mr Twatty is his blackened out windows Corsa feel he must get in front and fill that gap at traffic lights??

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

speed cameras.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Volvo drivers.

Seat fucking Leon drivers. You can guarantee with 110% certainty they're gonna drive like a cvnt.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
Volvo drivers.

Seat fucking Leon drivers. You can guarantee with 110% certainty they're gonna drive like a cvnt.

i drive a Leon Sad

Burnt_out
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:49 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people turn-up to collect the bike you just sold them on ebay and then they tell you they forgot to bring their helmet Smile

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
i drive a Leon Sad

so is the statistic true? Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:
i drive a Leon Sad

so is the statistic true? Laughing

to be fair, its a company car. i wouldnt buy one with my own dosh.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
to be fair, its a company car. i wouldnt buy one with my own dosh.

Actually I feel the same way about my Tesla. It's going to be the first and last one I ever have. When it comes time to change I am probably going to get whatever the AMG or M electric car is of the day. Don't get me wrong the Tesla is an amazing car but there's just niggles that I've never had with a Bimmer or Merc.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Don't get me wrong the Tesla is an amazing car but there's just niggles that I've never had with a Bimmer or Merc.

like an autopilot with a desire to kill you? Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's the faff of getting the bike out to the street from my back garden, was the same at my last place.

Oftentimes I sack going for a ride completely because

a. Never have any useful destination in mind so would just be wandering about on two wheels by myself. I have no
pals to ride with so it's easy to just decide to stay indoors without any risk of letting anyone down.

b. The sky isn't completely blue, it's windy or rain is forecast.

c. A general lack of motivation. This spills over to my whole life. I'm almost a complete recluse nowadays if you
take going to work out of the equation. I've never found it harder to trust others than I do now so I keep my distance
from everybody and only inter-personalise on an entirely functional level (supermarket, petrol station, workplace.)

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

c. A general lack of motivation. This spills over to my whole life. I'm almost a complete recluse nowadays if you
take going to work out of the equation. I've never found it harder to trust others than I do now so I keep my distance
from everybody and only inter-personalise on an entirely functional level (supermarket, petrol station, workplace.)

I think theres been a massive surge in this kind of mindset recently, myself included. Personally I blame Covid lockdowns reminding me of how much I hate people and I like my own place...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3