Things we hate about biking.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

c. A general lack of motivation. This spills over to my whole life. I'm almost a complete recluse nowadays if you
take going to work out of the equation. I've never found it harder to trust others than I do now so I keep my distance
from everybody and only inter-personalise on an entirely functional level (supermarket, petrol station, workplace.)

There was a point when I was getting like this. I found it helpful to combine my biking with other hobbies, so that as well as enjoying riding, I had a destination I looked forward to visiting. When I lived in the south east, it was castles and stately homes, which in turn developed into an interest in photographing those places. Now I'm oop north, it became more about messing around among the hills, (and the roads are far more fun up here anyway), and transferring my photography interest to scenery rather than historic places. Or if I didn't have such a specific destination in mind, I'd just choose a town or village I'd never been to and look for a new route I'd never ridden before, just exploring.

And mostly done alone. If the company is right, I'm happy to have it, but I don't need it to enjoy biking.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

i drive a Leon Sad

I got my stats wrong apparently... it should be 120% then. Laughing

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

To a certain kind of chav the word Harley has become generic for a motorcycle like Hoover has for vacuum cleaner.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And talking of chavs, Byke Life scum lowering the perceptions of bikers to the public one wheelie at a time.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiff knees.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Never have any useful destination in mind so would just be wandering about on two wheels by myself. I have no
pals to ride with so it's easy to just decide to stay indoors without any risk of letting anyone down.

A general lack of motivation. This spills over to my whole life. I'm almost a complete recluse nowadays if you
take going to work out of the equation. I've never found it harder to trust others than I do now so I keep my distance
from everybody and only inter-personalise on an entirely functional level (supermarket, petrol station, workplace.)

I am in this post and I don't like it.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
like an autopilot with a desire to kill you? Laughing

No it's stupid stuff like having to have the same trim rattle fixed twice under warranty, a weird whistling noise when it hits 90 (I think it's probably turbulence at the joint between the front and rear glass panes) and the spartan interior is nice but there's nowhere actually handy to put my sunglasses like in previous cars that had built-in sunglasses holders.

Also I really don't like the chunky steering wheel. I much more prefer a slender BMW style one.

Then on the other hand it has some incredible features that no other car does. I had it parked up at home and a DPD guy tried to deliver a package but I wasn't in. He gave me a call asking where my safe space was to put it and I said see the Tesla go put it in the boot I will open it from here. I was sat in my work 24 miles away as I came in on the bike. Could see him through the app on the cameras coming over to it and I opened the boot remotely, he put it in, took a pic, gave a little wave then fucked off again.

I really like that it has sentry mode and continuously records everything from all its' cameras all the time. Apart from the two blind spots immediately behind the wings, you record everything that happens even when it's parked up. Nobody has ever damaged or keyed it but it's good knowing you'd at least catch the cunt who did it on camera.

It's also pretty cool to be able to use the app to watch through the cameras remotely and you can use the outside speaker on the car to talk to people (one-way).

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:29 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being quite introverted finding somewhere to go is the main gripe daft as it sounds.
I have started just heading off where the wind blows now and investigating places I have driven/rode by for years without taking any notice. Sort of like when cabies do "The knowledge" haha.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me

1) Security concerns when out and about, e.g. going into a cafe where parking is out of sight/around the corner. Yes, it's easier to park a bike but I personally am never completely at ease unless it's chained up (and I don't carry a chain around with me)

2) Weather uncertainty; I don't mind riding in the rain (although I do prefer dry weather!) but what I don't like is the bike cleaning, chain etc.. that for me becomes a requirement after a grotty wet ride, whereas a clean dry ride may just need a quick squirt of lube on the chain afterwards

3) Hassle associated with getting out on the bike, tyre pressures, gearing up, security off etc.. - takes me a good 15 minutes at least to ride off down the road

That said, because I ride for pleasure not utility, I don't mind 3), I tend to work around 1) as again I can pick and choose, as for 2) I generally only go out on dry days, but resign myself to it if it's due to be changeable all weekend (or if on tour when I have no choice anyway).

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
xX-Alex-Xx wrote:

Seat fucking Leon drivers. You can guarantee with 110% certainty they're gonna drive like a cvnt.

i drive a Leon Sad

Me too, a one litre, three cylinder, estate version no less -but in fairness I am, in all probability, a cunt.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:47 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo123 wrote:
Being quite introverted finding somewhere to go is the main gripe daft as it sounds.
I have started just heading off where the wind blows now and investigating places I have driven/rode by for years without taking any notice. Sort of like when cabies do "The knowledge" haha.

i rarely go out with a destination in mind. i just jump on the bike and see where it takes me.
sometimes its forest, sometimes the coast, sometimes i head up country lanes to see where they go.
at the end of the day, i just enjoy being on the bike and away from the cities. i tend to go out late/early to avoid as much traffic as possible.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:04 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helmet hair hasn’t been mentioned yet. Interesting…

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:44 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

you have hair ? my ability to grow hair fell down my face

i have to wear a snood to keep hold of my beard, otherwise it splits in the middle and flaps over both shoulders like a scarf

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUN wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

you have hair ? my ability to grow hair fell down my face

i have to wear a snood to keep hold of my beard, otherwise it splits in the middle and flaps over both shoulders like a scarf

Thinning on top, which helmet hair emphasises until the static disappears.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The social media bellends who make piss boring vids with dramatic music.

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that I hate the most is that all the good ones are built for 5'8" beanstalks

I'm a 6'2" fat bar steward and look like an idiot on my Fireblade, but I love riding it. The monkey bike jeers don't annoy me but I wish I could get a "you look really cool on that" once in a while Laughing

I was MrDunkable in a previous life. Then questioned why I was the one being dunked...

superstacker
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:30 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't ride for fun any more, it is really just the occasional trip to work or to my parents if the weather is nice. When I was younger I was mad about it, now its just a mode of transport.

Bike social events just seem to involve standing around with a bunch of strangers in a car park for hours. Couple this with terrible weather most of the time and I can understand why I'm never out on the bike.

Perhaps I just need a holiday!

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

superstacker wrote:
Bike social events just seem to involve standing around with a bunch of strangers in a car park for hours.

Pretty sure it's always been like this Laughing

I was MrDunkable in a previous life. Then questioned why I was the one being dunked...

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female bike vloggers on instagram boil my piss.

Most of them are annoying as fuck and don't have a clue yet spend obscene amounts of money on late model sportsbikes and all the riding kit.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pillion position of sports bikes, I have two metal hips!

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 08 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

superstacker wrote:

Bike social events just seem to involve standing around with a bunch of strangers in a car park for hours..

Aye bring back trouser dropping, bonfire lighting rallies.. and don't whatever you do visit Oakley Motorcycle club - f'cking dire.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

PotatoHead202...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:02 - 09 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments made by fat smokers whinging about people riding without gear and the potential strain on the NHS in an accident.

The cliqueness at any meet.

The OBSESSION with going to the same fucking wank cafés that serve shit, overpriced food that gives you the trots.

Morons spending hundreds or more on exhausts and fucking tail tidys (whatever they are) whilst leaving standard suspension alone.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

PotatoHead2020 wrote:
The comments made by fat smokers whinging about people riding without gear and the potential strain on the NHS in an accident.

The cliqueness at any meet.

The OBSESSION with going to the same fucking wank cafés that serve shit, overpriced food that gives you the trots.

Morons spending hundreds or more on exhausts and fucking tail tidys (whatever they are) whilst leaving standard suspension alone.

it sounds more like you just hate people Mr. Green

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:57 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

PotatoHead2020 wrote:

Laughing Can't find a tail tidy for my next ride, the model of bike is too new for much aftermarket stuff yet but as soon as
I can order one the gopping rear end has to go. I did launch a couple of monkeys at a titanium Akra can for it though
and since the standard suspension is R1 derived I'll probably have it set up properly and then leave it the hell alone.
Coming from the current bike it will still feel plusher than a big bag of plush things yet still be capable enough to be
responsive and stable when the pace rises.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 263 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3