Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

PotatoHead202...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:49 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
PotatoHead2020 wrote:
The comments made by fat smokers whinging about people riding without gear and the potential strain on the NHS in an accident.

The cliqueness at any meet.

The OBSESSION with going to the same fucking wank cafés that serve shit, overpriced food that gives you the trots.

Morons spending hundreds or more on exhausts and fucking tail tidys (whatever they are) whilst leaving standard suspension alone.

it sounds more like you just hate people Mr. Green

That's not true. There are at least 3 I just find annoying.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

PotatoHead2020 wrote:
The comments made by fat smokers whinging about people riding without gear and the potential strain on the NHS in an accident.

The OBSESSION with going to the same fucking wank cafés that serve shit, overpriced food that gives you the trots.

Morons spending hundreds or more on exhausts and fucking tail tidys (whatever they are) whilst leaving standard suspension alone.

It annoys me that people like yourself are forced to endure these things. It's criminal that there are no better options for you Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
PotatoHead2020 wrote:

it sounds more like you just hate people Mr. Green

you say that like it's a bad thing

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

PotatoHead2020 wrote:

I'll have you know that I don't smoke Mad

P.S. I am happy to ride with minimal gear, last few days I have been wearing shorts, t-shirt, trainers, summer gloves and helmet and then offset it by not hooning it as much.

If I have my son as a pillion I get him fully suited up in full textiles, riding boots, proper well armoured gloves and a helmet then proceed to ride like I was on my test Laughing

PotatoHead202...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:51 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
PotatoHead2020 wrote:

It annoys me that people like yourself are forced to endure these things. It's criminal that there are no better options for you Laughing

It's fucking outrageous

Wobbling Dog
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:24 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding the same roads away from base for the billionth time before finding somewhere new

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:52 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Security both at home and out and about, at home im fine i have loads of chains etc but it takes ages to undo them all, out and about sometimes ill just use a disc lock which im never fully happy with, dont like being out of sight of it either

Parking, I wont park behind a car because I think their gonna reverse into the bike, I want bike only parking, away from the cars

The faff, it takes me ages to get ready to go out, putting on all the gear etc

The weather, always seems to be raining, I dont mind getting caught in a shower but I never go out on the bike if its already raining

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUN wrote:
Security both at home and out and about, at home im fine i have loads of chains etc but it takes ages to undo them all, out and about sometimes ill just use a disc lock which im never fully happy with, dont like being out of sight of it either

Parking, I wont park behind a car because I think their gonna reverse into the bike, I want bike only parking, away from the cars

The weather, always seems to be raining, I dont mind getting caught in a shower but I never go out on the bike if its already raining

I'm surprised you even bother.. Wink

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:19 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media-promoted public perception of me as a heavy metal fan who bites the heads off kittens and runs grannies over at pedestrian crossings. The reality is that whilst I don't mind a bit of early Sabbath, my musical tastes are eclectic, plus most bike runs end with a nice cup of tea and a bun rather than a kitten. Never run over a granny either for that matter...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The media-promoted public perception of me as a heavy metal fan who bites the heads off kittens and runs grannies over at pedestrian crossings. The reality is that whilst I don't mind a bit of early Sabbath, my musical tastes are eclectic, plus most bike runs end with a nice cup of tea and a bun rather than a kitten. Never run over a granny either for that matter...

You don't know what you're missing Twisted Evil
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of like the gladiatorial theatre of getting kitted up and letting the bike warm up before my commute, and I’m comfortable while riding, but climbing the stairs in bike kit upon arrival and then getting changed in the stinky-jogger/cyclist unisex locker room or the humid, gents shower room and bogs spoils it. The silly L-shaped locker requires smart packing to get all my kit in too. So, arriving at work is what I hate.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wobbling Dog wrote:
Riding the same roads away from base for the billionth time before finding somewhere new

the roads on my doorstep are quite nice and so is the scenery.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 08:21 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

That's very much changed now.

What annoys me is the current fashion for giant heavy pointless off roaders in the same way that car culture is.

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:14 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather. Not just rain, but pretty much all of it. There's is a perfect window of temperature, combined with no rain (and no recent rain) that makes for the best road conditions and riding comfort. This occurs approximately twice a decade. All other times are too hot, too cold, too wet or simply too changeable - you go out dressed for warmth and ride into The Day After Tomorrow, or you go out with all the layers on and find yourself in Ice Cold in Alex. And there's nowhere to keep clothes you aren't wearing unless you take a topbox or other luggage, which I'd rather not have just for a day out.

At least now with a flip-down sun visor I'm not bothered by changing light levels and being stuck with or without a dark/clear visor.

Love it though!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

weasley wrote:
And there's nowhere to keep clothes you aren't wearing unless you take a topbox or other luggage, which I'd rather not have just for a day out.

There are just so many luggage options available nowadays that I just never found this to be a problem. And you don't have to confine yourself just to specific motorcycle luggage. For e.g., there are some super-lightweight rucksacks available if all you want to do is put some extra layers in there, or just strap a bag to the pillion seat. And those layers can also be super-lightweight and pack down really small, also not having to be motorcycle specific.

Take a cable lock to put through the sleeve of your jacket and your helmet and you don't even need to worry about carrying that around if you're away from the bike for a while.

You have to expect some inconvenience with a motorcycle, but I feel once you get down to the point you're complaining about, you'll probably always find something to moan about - stop looking for those things! You say you still love biking, so solve your problems and get out and do it. I'm currently in a position where I can't afford to even run my bike, so you need to Smile

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inability to have small chicken strips, dressing to go out in my Iron Man outfit, cleaning the bike. These new chains don't need lubed anyway and if too tarnished by rust chuck it away and buy a new one. Following my mates who ride a lot faster than me is also not sensible and I don't like it.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

anything post-Ozzy and I'm out

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUN wrote:

Security: I don't even bother with it anymore other than some disc locks on the front wheel to prevent roll-away theft at home. Out and about I don't bother at all, just the steering lock. For me it just takes me longer to get to my own bike. Nobody wants to nick a 12 year old Kwak that's probably only got a few more years in her or a cheap Chinese 125.

Parking: I totally get this point of view. I park wherever I feel is safest for the bike, sometimes that's on a bit of grass near the road or on the pavement if it's a really wide one. Most of the time I just park it normally in a bay, I've already had someone knock over my Kwak and cost me hundreds in repairs with nobody to claim against. I just accept the hazard of it mostly.

Faff: This one is variable for me, I am happy to admit that sometimes I will go out with shorts, t-shirt and trainers on with a helmet and gloves (the only two pieces of gear I will ALWAYS wear) when I know it's just going to be some slow riding. If I know I am going out for a hoon or using the motorway or blasting back roads that's when I step the gear up to jacket and boots as well. I very rarely wear my textile trousers.

Weather: Never been an issue for me. If I want to ride I will ride in any weather. I commuted the last two winters almost everyday and never felt the weather was an issue except on very windy days. I would take a cold slush and ice day over a really windy one.

Diggs wrote:
Never run over a granny either for that matter...

Don't worry mate, there's always time to get it off the bucket list Laughing

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Nobody wants to nick a 12 year old Kwak that's probably only got a few more years in her or a cheap Chinese 125.

Plenty of people steal things for the thrill of the act and then ragging the vehicle and burning it out. I'm not entirely sure many vehicles are stolen because they're actually worth something (unless they're quickly exported and never to be seen again except in some random village in Russia.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:
Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Nobody wants to nick a 12 year old Kwak that's probably only got a few more years in her or a cheap Chinese 125.

Plenty of people steal things for the thrill of the act and then ragging the vehicle and burning it out. I'm not entirely sure many vehicles are stolen because they're actually worth something (unless they're quickly exported and never to be seen again except in some random village in Russia.)

That's true, someone stole my dads Peugeot before and rallied it about the town before torching it down a farm lane and that was a shite car worth fuck all.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3