Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Do you think Brexit will break the Tories,Labour and the UK?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Do you think Brexit will break the Tories,Labour and the UK?
Tories will find the magic Brexit for NI and Scotland
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Labour will find the magic Brexit NI and Scotland
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tories in power NI and Scotland will break up from the UK
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Labour in power NI and Scotland will break up from the UK
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Abaaba
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:28 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you tell (lie) everyone what they want to hear Very Happy, it is hard to deliver Rolling Eyes

Brexit was meant to do:

keep the good Friday and still have 2 different regulations
immigration control
no more red tape (fewer regulations)
be in the market and at the same time out of it
take back control you never lost
where is that 350 Million a week?
food was meant to be cheaper
German cars would be doing deals with UK
other countries will soon copy UK and leave EU
the list of promised things is endless

So Brexit was a good dream but unfortunately, most dreams don't come true..........problem is, almost half of the country believe it can be a reality only if the other half believed enough.

Apparently, Boris got Brexit done (so we should all be happy) but they (the same people) trying to undo what they celebrated as a victory not so long ago......

IDS (The Donut) said the MPS didn't need more time to scrutinise the deal at the time but now saying they didn't read the small print, WTF?
so Brexit is what you want to be......you just need to decide and beleive.

side note, I know it is hard for some people to believe but BREXIT was/is good for EU coz other countries saw the mess UK is in and said NO to Farage and his like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a vaccine is needed for all this Remoaner butthurt - it seems to be spreading again Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Abaaba
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:47 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can also be classed as BREXIT Very Happy

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Macedonia and Albania will join soon.

What the actual f**k will the EU get out of that, apart from more countries to fund and more migration. This kind of expansion is exactly what has turned people off the EU project.
Albanians are amazing BTW... How the Albanian mafia conquered the cocaine market in UK- Albanian mafia manages to carve out a prominent place in the UK criminal landscape

Abaaba wrote:
the list of promised things is endless

Remainers promised a recession if we voted to leave and then definitely one if we actually left. As for the 'promises', you know full well the majority of people ignore political campaigning, and they already knew how they were going to vote. It's good to know a bus still lives rent free in your head Laughing

Abaaba wrote:
I know it is hard for some people to believe but BREXIT was/is good for EU coz other countries saw the mess UK is in and said NO to Farage and his like.

We left without the predicted/warned economic disaster (the Tories being in turmoil is a Brucie bonus). Every other country now knows it can be done. Giving the EU the finger and causing eternal butthurt among you, Val and shitlibs in general is more than enough reward.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abaaba wrote:
I know it is hard for some people to believe but BREXIT was/is good for EU coz other countries saw the mess UK is in and said NO to Farage and his like.

You haven’t been paying attention.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61859881

Last edited by Kawasaki Jimbo on 11:16 - 17 Jul 2022; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:20 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abaaba wrote:
That can also be classed as BREXIT Very Happy

Yes, we certainly had the EU beat over the Covid vaccine. Their disarray was comical to watch.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val’s persistent digs at the UK show a strange kind of bitterness when he liked it enough to apply for citizenship. He should worry about the future of his beloved EU. If it survives the next treaty change it will put EU-wide health, taxes, defence and future membership into the hands of France and Germany. If you think the smaller countries aren’t going to go for that you’re right, but little by little they’ll be forced to by re-distribution of money and resources. Blackmail and corruption. There is no room for anti-EU sentiment in the bloc when it’s the zealots who define what ‘EU’ means.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/future-eu/news/a-third-of-eu-countries-oppose-changing-blocs-treaties/

When Europe becomes a Franco-German empire England will still be a free country… thanks to Brexit.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EU will almost certainly drive the former Eastern Bloc countries away; Hungary, Poland etc. Ukraine may join because of the current situation with Russia, but they will soon realise their mistake. It is NATO they need to be in, not the EU.
I think France and Germany are looking for another war. It's just that one with Russia wasn't what they bargained for. Oops.
Brexit Britain could cash in by making white flags for the Froggies to wave Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Val’s persistent digs at the UK show a strange kind of bitterness when he liked it enough to apply for citizenship.

Most minority groups I know are like this. I realise a lot of Brits are unhappy with the country, but minority groups tend to justify their presence with well you enslaved and/or colonised us, so I'm staying even if it's awful being here.

I don't get it, if I had a country of origin, especially with the cost of housing here, I'd be saving up for a few years and I'd be off. Hell if there was another western country I'd do it, but from what I can see everywhere is doing the same thing and has the same issues (mass immigration/high cost of living).

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
If you think the smaller countries aren’t going to go for that you’re right, but little by little they’ll be forced to by re-distribution of money and resources. Blackmail and corruption. There is no room for anti-EU sentiment in the bloc when it’s the zealots who define what ‘EU’ means.

I think they've already changed voting from unanimous to majority, cos the likes of Hungary/Poland being problematic.

The BBC three part series Inside Europe: Ten Years of Turmoil was pretty good, it showed how little they care about any smaller or individual country or even democracy. Eg: Tusk told Cameron f**k your promise (2015 Tory majority = referendum) just don't give them a referendum Neutral

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum’s best known Guardian-reading ‘conservative’ Shocked has already left the UK in search of nirvana in Germany. No doubt he’ll soon be slagging off the Germans on Motorrad-schnacken-Veranstaltungsort.com Laughing

Yes, the EU already uses qualified majority voting (QMV) for some things but at the moment health, tax, defence and membership (all the important stuff) allows national vetoes, which is all too inconvenient for the “more Europe!” brigade.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The forum’s best known Guardian-reading ‘conservative’ Shocked has already left the UK in search of nirvana in Germany.

He did?

https://c.tenor.com/0Sh7u1lRsyEAAAAC/wedding-crasher-hro.gif

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The forum’s best known Guardian-reading ‘conservative’ Shocked has already left the UK in search of nirvana in Germany.

He did?

https://c.tenor.com/0Sh7u1lRsyEAAAAC/wedding-crasher-hro.gif

He posted a picture of himself at a petrol station in German I believe.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hold the champagne?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
So hold the champagne?

Drink the champagne yourself, then throw the bottle through his car window so he can't come back Laughing

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:13 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s onto the third PM to try and get it sorted, I’m not hopeful based on the candidates though.

Pretty sure Alexander Johnson claimed that the UK would have a high wage society similar to Singapore as well. Now we’re being told to hold back on asking for a pay rise. Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the EU had remained the EEC, a trading block, then we would have very happily continued in there. The Brits (or should I say the English) are really contrary and don't like doing what they are told so there was always a core of people who disagreed with the premis of the EU.

II'm sure that way in the future if the EU or some such organisation is still going some people will get in power and will decide we should (re)join and will manipulate the masses to get their way.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

II'm sure that way in the future if the EU or some such organisation is still going some people will get in power and will decide we should (re)join and will manipulate the masses to get their way.

I would be very surprised if the EU carries on for very much longer on its current trajectory. I think Europe will be on fire if it does (and nothing to do with a heatwave!).
It makes a lot of sense for European countries to cooperate on many things, but as nation states, not a single homogeneous bloc with central control over everything.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irezumi wrote:
Well it’s onto the third PM to try and get it sorted, I’m not hopeful based on the candidates though.

Sort out what? Eh? Bojo despite being an incompetent buffoon managed to re-negotiate the deal, and in a short timescale both things shitlibs said was impossible. It showed how truly awful May was as a leader that she couldn't even hold a bargaining position.

Irezumi wrote:
Pretty sure Alexander Johnson claimed that the UK would have a high wage society similar to Singapore as well. Now we’re being told to hold back on asking for a pay rise. Rolling Eyes

It doesn't matter what you pay people if the cost of living is stupidly high. Britain does have relatively high wages and a particularly high minimum wage compared to other countries, but when housing is so expensive it's pretty much irrelevant.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I would be very surprised if the EU carries on for very much longer on its current trajectory. I think Europe will be on fire if it does (and nothing to do with a heatwave!).
It makes a lot of sense for European countries to cooperate on many things, but as nation states, not a single homogeneous bloc with central control over everything.

I could see it going back to it's core members in some form. The original EU states. When it got past 12 it was just political aquisitions which, as has been said, the EU master states thought they could steam roller into acquiescence. It does make me want to Rolling Eyes when I hear wee willie say she wants independance and then join the EU because she wouldn't have a lot of choices after being told what to do by her European masters. Not that Spain would let her in anyway.

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:10 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Bojo despite being an incompetent buffoon managed to re-negotiate the deal, and in a short timescale both things shitlibs said was impossible. It showed how truly awful May was as a leader that she couldn't even hold a bargaining position.

So why are they trying to re-negotiate parts of it again?

M.C wrote:
It doesn't matter what you pay people if the cost of living is stupidly high. Britain does have relatively high wages and a particularly high minimum wage compared to other countries, but when housing is so expensive it's pretty much irrelevant.

The cost of living in Singapore isn't generally classed as cheap. Have you seen how much an average car costs? Shocked

They have all lied repeatedly, seems a requisite to be involved in politics these days, regardless of what party.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irezumi wrote:

The cost of living in Singapore isn't generally classed as cheap. Have you seen how much an average car costs? Shocked

Singapore is still relativly cheap if you get off the tourist routes or the city centre moneybags areas,

It's like two different countries in one. The posh gum free areas - Marina park, Clarke quay, Orchard road etc. etc. that will relieve you of copious anounts of money or the unpopular local and industrial areas, Sembawang, Keppel, Tuas where you can eat and drink for relative pennies. Fine if you don't mind using plates the food stalls wash up in the gutter or see them retrieving your dinner from a very murky tank before chucking it still wriggling into the pan. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irezumi wrote:
So why are they trying to re-negotiate parts of it again?

Unionists kicking up a fuss. And I thought it was more ignoring parts of the agreement, as others have pointed out, the same way the EU ignores stuff when it suits them.

Irezumi wrote:

I know it has a reputation as being very expensive, that was my point, high wages don't matter if you can't afford to live on said wage.

https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/teaser/25862.jpeg

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:01 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Unionists kicking up a fuss because it breaches the Good Friday agreement which h stopped an ongoing war..

FIFY

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
M.C wrote:

Unionists kicking up a fuss because it breaches the Good Friday agreement which h stopped an ongoing war..

FIFY

Yep, the NI Protocol is damaging the GFA, and should be scrapped. It is totally unnecessary, and highly divisive. Just part of the EU's "punish the UK for Brexit" hate campaign. Of course, some of the blame lies with our politicians for signing up to it, but it needn't be permanent. As others have pointed out, the EU are a dab hand at breaking international law when it suits them, and anyway, Article 16.

And I have now laid claim to page 3 of this thread, keep out! Mr. Green

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 19 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

And I have now laid claim to page 3 of this thread, keep out! Mr. Green

Oh no you haven't Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 253 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4