Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gilera runner 50 sp problem (2stroke)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

IDOTNY
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:18 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Gilera runner 50 sp problem (2stroke) Reply with quote

So basically when i start it it starts to rev to 3k rpms but i have the idle set to 1,5k Before it would rev to 3k and drop down but now it just stays at 3k and if i rev it to like 5k it stays at 4k but over the cvt bite point around 5,5k rpms it drops down to asfor mentioned 4k rpms and when
running at full throttle it will just stop giving it power until i go to 0-100% throttle again and again and it will slowly start decreasing the speed until u stop it and let it idle for a second and then the whole thing over again suggestions?

PS : it used to bite at 4,5k rpms but now its 5,5k maybe the rollers?
No idea

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:55 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I don't speak young person/moped but someone will be along soon that does.

In the meantime, have you changed anything on the bike since it was running ok? Might help to identify the problem.

Hope you get it running better soon Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:08 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So , the rollers only affect when the cvt engages with the engine.

It sounds like your biggest issue is with the fueling ot ignition of your engine and not the cvt.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:21 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to type: "is this bike fuel injection?" (my wife must be putting something in the tea.)

Anyhoo Shifty

This thing with the revving, is it recent? What sort of mods have you done previously? How's the throttle action? For example, with the bike off, turn the throttle to max and drop it, do you hear the carb throttle slide closing?

Basically the air, carb, engine, exhaust all need a good checkover.

IDOTNY
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:37 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPM Problem FIXEDDDD anyhow now on high rpms it loses power as in it goes to a certain speed and starts slowing down to a certain speed so this time ill wait for reply's as im not buying anything until im sure altough i think its the rollers

PS : i bought it this way

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 16 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadly speaking
Its a 2005 50cc 2T carbed scoot so 4/5 hp mebbe @7000 on a good day.
If it hasn't been 'improved' by its probably teenage owners
in all this time I'll be amazed.
(Improved often means fucked up BTW)
We have no idea how far from spec all the CVT stuff has gone in search of moar powah or how much of it has worn over the years,
so if you must throw money at it, go back to stock kit.

This includes the clutch pressure spring too, check the clutch for wear too,don't just change rollers expecting massive changes.
Good belt too obviously.
Its 50cc designed to rev up to its err 'power band'
where the stock CVT was designed to get the best performance from this based on engine speed and load.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 284 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1