Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

When is a war not a war?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:53 - 23 Jul 2022    Post subject: When is a war not a war? Reply with quote

I really am confused with this Russia/Ukraine crap.

If I fight a war, I fight to win. I don't give deals to people to remove grain.I sell it to any country thet wants it and will pay me, and many will pay.
When we fought the 2nd world war we didn't say it was not nice to use any overrun comodities.

I really think there is some tin foil hat things happening here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62268070

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:14 - 23 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, but remember that it suited both sides in WW1 and WW2 to keep an unencumbered trading facility, i.e. Switzerland. Money is always more important than war.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 23 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s about Russia side-stepping the international community’s anger when grain shortages bring high prices and starvation to the rest of the world. “Not our fault, we signed a deal allowing exports.” I wouldn’t trust them though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:34 - 23 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
It’s about Russia side-stepping the international community’s anger when grain shortages bring high prices and starvation to the rest of the world. “Not our fault, we signed a deal allowing exports.” I wouldn’t trust them though.

This, most countries facing shortages of grain are likely sub-Saharan Africa. Russia is quickly running out of friends.

Also, never trust a politician, particularly a Russian one. Lasted a couple of days! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62276392

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 04:36 - 24 Jul 2022    Post subject: Re: When is a war not a war? Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

If I fight a war, I fight to win. I don't give deals to people to remove grain.I sell it to any country thet wants it and will pay me, and many will pay.
When we fought the 2nd world war we didn't say it was not nice to use any overrun comodities.

I really think there is some tin foil hat things happening here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62268070

Tin foil hat....

The Russians calling the war not a war but a "special operation" reminds me of the Malayan Emergency.

They couldn't call that a war as there would be no insurance coverage on the damaged plantation assets etc. Maybe this whole thing is one massive Russian insurance scam, who knows what coverage they have on all those old T72`s and BMP`s..... Laughing
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 24 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Poo-Tin has any involvement in anything then it is simple man's propaganda.

He is shite at diplomacy so resorts to type.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 24 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
If Poo-Tin has any involvement in anything then it is simple man's propaganda.

He is shite at diplomacy so resorts to type.

Unfortunately, he's not the only one.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:34 - 24 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What of the video on Rhyno's thread: that in a generation the Russians won't have the conscripts available to fight a major war limited security action as the age demographics are shifting against them Thinking

Plus Putin gets all misty eyed about the old Soviet Empire days, the iron curtain surrounding Russia is utterly shattered on its western border - NATO creeping eastward - when along comes the weakest American president possibly in history with his hand firmly in the Ukrainian till.

Way too many ppl knew this would happen in the smoke* filled back rooms IMHO.

*I doubt they have switched to vaping.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 24 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
What of the video on Rhyno's thread: that in a generation the Russians won't have the conscripts available to fight a major war limited security action as the age demographics are shifting against them Thinking

Same with Western and East Asian countries, but don't worry the UN has a solution for us:

United Nations projections indicate that over the next 50* years, the populations of virtually all countries of Europe as well as Japan will face population decline and population ageing.

...the report considers replacement migration for eight low-fertility countries (France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, United Kingdom and United States) and two regions (Europe and the European Union).

*note it's from over 20 years ago: https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/ageing/replacement-migration.asp

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 24 Jul 2022    Post subject: Re: When is a war not a war? Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
If I fight a war, I fight to win. I don't give deals to people to remove grain.

By why does anyone believe Russia will honour this deal, and they are not just signing it now for their own reasons?
And they won't level Odessa in order to take it over when it suits them to do so?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 24 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
replacement migration

They seem to have over-egged that omelette Sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 24 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
M.C wrote:
replacement migration

Pudding.

You're welcome. Wink

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:03 - 25 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
What of the video on Rhyno's thread: that in a generation the Russians won't have the conscripts available to fight a <s>major war</s> limited security action as the age demographics are shifting against them Thinking

Russians aren't the only ones who spread propaganda among their own people y'know.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 25 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Russians aren't the only ones who spread propaganda among their own people y'know.

IIRC it was an obscure presentation that, like so many unearthed recently, seemed preternaturally accurate. Are you classifying its timely retrospective as propaganda?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 25 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody fights wars anymore, they fight "interventions" and "special operations". Officially the Russians are there to de-Nazify Ukraine and so for them they are willing to do deals on particular issues. Obviously from our perspective its just a land grab by invasion aka a war.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 25 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many Russian nuclear ICBMs are actually operational? No where near as many as they'd like to brag if they're maintained as well as their Ukraine invasion vehicles Thinking

https://youtu.be/LNC0YwuGLqg

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 25 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I wonder how many Russian nuclear ICBMs are actually operational? No where near as many as they'd like to brag if they're maintained as well as their Ukraine invasion vehicles Thinking

https://youtu.be/LNC0YwuGLqg

For a start most of the submarine launched systems can be counted out because the missiles have a high failure rate and the subs probably don't work. Their force is basically ~200 ish truck/silo based Topol-M/MR. Obviously the main weakness is that those parked in a warehouse are sitting ducks. Some will be under the Ural mountains but I have no idea how many. The Topol-M don't seem too bad in terms of reliability.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 26 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to wonder if the whole point is to burn out the Russian war machine early Thinking

"Joe, we got Vlad on the phone..."

I really hope the puppeteers aren't so naïvely optimistic.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
M.C wrote:
replacement migration

Well what genuinely opened my eyes was considering what if they want the worst for us, then everything magically started making sense.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Well what genuinely opened my eyes was considering what if they want the worst for us, then everything magically started making sense.

Mmm, there's been a lot of political commentators across the pond saying the same of President Joe Biden the Whitehouse administration*

"If you wanted to destroy the country this is how to go about it!"

I'd like extend the old phrase "never attribute malice where simple cowardice would suffice" but I'm going with it all being a WEF conspiracy... no that's the wrong word considering they're so open in their aims of world domination. Cabal would give them too much street cred Thinking

The Great WEF Connivance or Schwab's Sedition?

*No one believes he's anything but president in name only at this point.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ruling elite or whatever you want to call them are of course all doing very nicely thank you, so I don’t understand the argument that they’d want to bring it all down.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:31 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The ruling elite or whatever you want to call them are of course all doing very nicely thank you, so I don’t understand the argument that they’d want to bring it all down.

I don't think the elites source many of their services in the same places as the rest of us. Eveything they need seems to be pretty bespoke from service suppliers the rest of us couldn't hope to afford anyway. There is already a pretty thorough two-tier system in operation - I'm sure one much smaller tier can be preserved.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s my point, in the current system we are the service providers, why would they want to mess that up? In reality there is no evil genius cabal, global economies are too complex to manage in any way except reactively with crisis management.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
That’s my point, in the current system we are the service providers, why would they want to mess that up?

And that's MY point. The vast majority of people aren't supplying the elites with services.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Pete. wrote:

IIRC it was an obscure presentation that, like so many unearthed recently, seemed preternaturally accurate. Are you classifying its timely retrospective as propaganda?

Propaganda is just news - true or false - presented to formulate a particular perspective among the people. The accuracy is not important, it's the 'so many recently unearthed' bit that's doing the work.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7