Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Street Triple.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 26 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Can you up your budget? This looks decent. Did a search for GSR 750 as it ticks the boxes and I quite like mine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325273130676

That's a nice bike mate, would definitely have considered one had they been 1000 cheaper. Too late now anyway.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:21 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:32 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

It's the cheapest Speed Triple I could find Paddy. So happens to be white with round headlights, not sure if the pipes are noisy yet. Stupid question but can you see from the picture whether it is the standard or aftermarket exhaust? Nope I never thought to ask. Will now though
Hope I've done the right thing, another random moment of madness
It's coming up from Hertfordshire on Monday

Link to the ebay add with more photo's and for a look before he takes it off.

Seems on the surface a decent bike.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225086761684?hash=item3468376ad4:g:8FYAAOSwOzpizHau

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/s-l500.jpg

Street, not Speed Wink

And standard cans from the looks of it

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:36 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, very standard cans.

Same age and colour as my old one, I loved it. I had obnoxious cans on mine, don't do that. Arrow ones are nice and you can use TuneBoy to put the Arrow map on it over OBD2.

They are very easy to steal btw, super easy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay listing still looks live to me... 6 days left. Confused

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Ebay listing still looks live to me... 6 days left. Confused

You're right, that's strange. I have given him a deposit and it is being delivered on Monday, I hope. Now a bit paranoid. Shocked Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 27 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching with interest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:31 - 28 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Watching with interest.

You know he's made the right decision Laughing

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 28 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still for sale on ebay. Hope I've not been duped. The conversation has gone like this, it sounds genuine enough but am now paranoid more than I was yesterday. Read from the bottom to the top.

New message from: cabbagegivesmecronicgas (286TURQUOISE_STAR Star)
You’ll love it. It has a lot of power but it’s so easy to ride and very forgiving so you can ride it however you chose and being a British bike it’s a very good quality build. I will miss it.
Your previous message

Ok Thanks Dave. I'm looking forward to getting it. Had a test ride on one about 8 years ago but can't really remember that.

Cheers,
Struan
cabbagegivesmecronicgas:

Hi Struan,

I will bring the seat cowl and I do have the original mirrors so I'll bring them too.

The bike is yours and I will take the auction down when I get to a laptop. At the moment I'm stuck in deep dark Cornwall with limited access to the internet.

Regards

Dave
Your previous message

Hello Dave,

I see the add is still up on ebay?

Can you bring the rear seat cowl with you on Monday. Do you have the original mirrors?

Thanks.

Struan
cabbagegivesmecronicgas:

Evening,

Received. Many thanks. I’ll look at train times tomorrow and will confirm a time.

Regards

Dave
Your previous message

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I've sent you the deposit. Delivery Monday would be fine for me.

Regards,
Struan Robertson
cabbagegivesmecronicgas:

Struan

Great. My bank details are below;

xxx
I'll confirm when I have received. Can you please let me know whether Monday or Tuesday is better for you so I can book the return train ticket for myself.

Many thanks.

Dave
Your previous message

Hello,

I will take the bike for £2900 delivered. I can pay you a £500 deposit now. What are your bank details?

Regards,
Struan robertson
cabbagegivesmecronicgas:

The dashboard displays both the fuel and gear selection

ThankS

Dave
Your previous message

Hello,

I've been trying to find out if the 2009 bike has a fuel gauge and gear position indicator without success. Does the bike have a fuel gauge and a gear position indicator?

Thanks,
Struan
cabbagegivesmecronicgas:

Happy to go £2800 + £100 delivery if that helps
Your previous message

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I will consider it. Are you able to reduce the price any?

Regards,
Struan Robertson
cabbagegivesmecronicgas:

Morning Struan,

Many thanks for the message. I am ideally after £3000 for the bike. I'd be happy delivering the bike to Edinburgh for an extra £100. So £3100 all in delivered. That way I can jump on a train back home and hopefully that's not too far from where you are based.

If you are interested I can deliver on either Monday 1st Aug or Tuesday 2nd Aug. I'd require a deposit of £500 to secure the sale. Let me know and I'll forward my bank details.

I'm on holiday this week and internet is scarce but will reply when I can if you are interested.

Regards

Dave
Your previous message

Hello,

I am interested in your bike and have bid £2800. That does not meet your reserve. How much are you wanting for the bike? Are you able to arrange delivery to East Lothian?

Have immediate funds available so can pay a deposit for the right price.

Regards,
Struan Robertson

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 28 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
The dashboard displays both the fuel and gear selection

He seems reasonable enough to me. But he's wrong about the above. Unless it's different on a Street Triple R, there's a gear indicator and a fuel warning light, like this - https://i.imgur.com/xPuvkiw.jpg

Honestly, the striple is a terrible replacement for VFR1200 duties, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Very Happy Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 28 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you haven't lost a monkey here.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:41 - 29 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
recman wrote:
Watching with interest.

You know he's made the right decision Laughing

Except all the people that have owned one say it's a great bike, but doesn't fit his specific parameters.....

I'm waiting for the next part, where he's either trying to claw back his deposit (and had a lucky escape) or he's had it a couple of weeks and realised what a massive up cock he's made.

I never quite understand why people start a 'I'm thinking of buying one of these, why shouldn't I?' thread, then completely ignore the advice given......

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:54 - 29 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except that the Street Triple is one of those bikes that everyone should own at some point, parameters or no parameters. Like back in the day with RD350s.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:35 - 29 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all sounds genuine enough, but you are open the usual risks when you buy directly.

VFR12 and a ST are polar opposites but change can be a good thing. Thumbs Up

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 29 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can sens/receive messages then he can take the auction down can't he?

Deliver to Edinburgh for 100 quid !! Shocked So that's 50-60 quid on fuel and a train fare about the same and a day out of ones's life.. I wouldn't.

On the plus side his feedback looks OK. Wink

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 29 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

Except all the people that have owned one say it's a great bike, but doesn't fit his specific parameters.....

I'm waiting for the next part, where he's either trying to claw back his deposit (and had a lucky escape) or he's had it a couple of weeks and realised what a massive up cock he's made.

I never quite understand why people start a 'I'm thinking of buying one of these, why shouldn't I?' thread, then completely ignore the advice given......

What's up?

I used to enjoy your posts as you have a lot of knowledge. Yet here's you being salty as hell as even bike related chat.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 29 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
...or he's had it a couple of weeks and realised what a massive up cock he's made.

I have a feeling in my water that won't happen.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 29 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Except that the Street Triple is one of those bikes that everyone should own at some point, parameters or no parameters. Like back in the day with RD350s.

Certainly have a good old extended thrash on one. Fowlers threw me the keys to a 2014 Striple R and said enjoy yourself.
One tank of fuel and about 90 minutes later I returned ready to place a deposit, it was great to ride and sounded wicked.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 31 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Certainly have a good old extended thrash on one. Fowlers threw me the keys to a 2014 Striple R and said enjoy yourself.
One tank of fuel and about 90 minutes later I returned ready to place a deposit, it was great to ride and sounded wicked.

Well, it may be because I was used to, and still riding a completely different bike too, but it took me a while to really lock into the Street Triple. Because it was so tractable for a smaller bike, I tended to ride it lazily to begin with. I think it was because of the kind of gnarly roads I often took it to that I soon changed that! Or rather, it changed that for me.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:43 - 31 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Shaft wrote:

What's up?

I used to enjoy your posts as you have a lot of knowledge. Yet here's you being salty as hell as even bike related chat.

I mean he is sort of right, its definitely not a distance bike, its fun, but given his previous choices and that, its more of a sedate hooligan than an upright ride around.

Its an amazing bike though.

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:49 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update?

Bike still appears on eBay.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something fishy going on. This is the current conversation. Also someone has outbid me now on ebay as he never took the advert down. Probably his mate seeing if I'll pay more. If the bike isn't delivered Wednesday i will start chasing my deposit back. The guy has been messaging using a particular name that I have checked on fb. It seems legit. maybe I'm just a bit paranoid.

Morning Struan,

We were on our way home from Cornwall last night and the car broke down. It's currently in the garage and I'm waiting for news on when it'll be ready. As I'm not at home we need to reschedule. Are you free on Wednesday for me to deliver and if so is the afternoon / evening OK?

If I'm not at home by then I have a friend who can deliver to you so there shouldn't be any more delays but he cannot do it before Wednesday due to working.. Apologies for this.

Dave

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sounds like a massive load of bollocks to be honest.

I wouldn't even want to give this guy any more of my money even if it is legitimate, that advert should of gone down as soon as he took your £500, I wouldn't wait any longer and just ask for your deposit back now.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do hope everything works out for you.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give the seller the benefit of the doubt for now but don't accept any more excuses.
Some people are embarrassingly unreliable and are just oblivious of the worry their actions cause others so it could just be the case that the seller is such a person.
I also wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to own a rather nice bike just because the seller might be less than considerate.
I'd make the seller aware of my concerns just to see whether they take them seriously or not.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5