Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Street Triple.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bloke/s being a cunt.. what's he going to say to the current high bidder if the sale to you does go through?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
The bloke/s being a cunt.. what's he going to say to the current high bidder if the sale to you does go through?

I have to agree with A100man here.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps someone known to Struan could make an outrageous bid to ensure they are the highest bidder - just to cover the situation,, Wink

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
arry wrote:

What's up?

I used to enjoy your posts as you have a lot of knowledge. Yet here's you being salty as hell as even bike related chat.

I mean he is sort of right, its definitely not a distance bike, its fun, but given his previous choices and that, its more of a sedate hooligan than an upright ride around.

Its an amazing bike though.

Salty, or asking a valid question?

OP asks for opinions on a particular bike, based around a specific set of parameters, a number of former owners say it's a great bike, that doesn't do what he says he wants it to do, OP responds by saying thanks for the input, bought one.

There's a good chance I'm finally becoming the grumpy old man I always thought I would be, but part of me is still wondering what was the point of starting a thread, when you've already made your mind up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:45 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
part of me is still wondering what was the point of starting a thread, when you've already made your mind up.

uhm hello - this is bcf

it would be astonishing if this DIDN'T happen Laughing

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:21 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

When buying from distance I always say I'll pay a deposit and I'll arrange my own courier, but can they give me a number so I can call them and arrange, as well as pay then a small deposit. I always ask them to take the and down before I pay the deposit on the phone tho.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to the guy this morning and he seems legit. He's arranging train times to get him back home.

I'll wait and see if he shows up tomorrow. Confused

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
Spoke to the guy this morning and he seems legit. He's arranging train times to get him back home.

Hmm well I suppose instead of taking the auction down he could have raised the reserve to an absurdly high level do no bid will reach it

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
struan80 wrote:

Hmm well I suppose instead of taking the auction down he could have raised the reserve to an absurdly high level do no bid will reach it

Reminds me of the time a guy bid my '96 Bandit 600 up to £7800 Laughing

A guy had offered me the cash but as it was less than 24 hours or whatever it was I couldn't stop it if I remember correctly, asked him to smash a stupid bid on it so he'd win it although we'd agreed a price and he kept getting outbid.

Guy who won it had asked for delivery and I'd refused and had offered cash on collection only, yet he still bid on it and his feedback was all about claiming something wasn't as described so obviously he was going to try it on.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:24 - 02 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

Seems like a long journey and would put them well out of pocket. My courier was ~£100 from Newcastle to Peterborough on my Daytona and would have cost that in fuel Laughing

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to make of it. He is unable to deliver the bike today as he says the battery has gone. So he's getting that fixed and sending the bike up by courier on Saturday now.

He's sent me the receipt of the courier booking. I have paid the courier costs now as well, he says he'll take it off the final settlement.

He sounds completely genuine on the phone. His details match up and I've found him on FB.

I said I want to hear the bike running and see it in the back of the van before i pay the settlement. Is this the point when Transactions are usually paid? Or do I wait until it is actually at my door?

Anyway a bit miffed.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
I don't know what to make of it. He is unable to deliver the bike today as he says the battery has gone. So he's getting that fixed and sending the bike up by courier on Saturday now.

He's sent me the receipt of the courier booking. I have paid the courier costs now as well, he says he'll take it off the final settlement.

He sounds completely genuine on the phone. His details match up and I've found him on FB.

I said I want to hear the bike running and see it in the back of the van before i pay the settlement. Is this the point when Transactions are usually paid? Or do I wait until it is actually at my door?

Anyway a bit miffed.

..the seller is Boris Johnson and I claim my five pounds

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

Anyway a bit miffed.

I wouldn't pay a penny more until it is in my hands, I wouldn't have paid the courier costs, that was his choice, not yours.

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:26 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really bad feeling…

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
struan80 wrote:

Anyway a bit miffed.

I wouldn't pay a penny more until it is in my hands, I wouldn't have paid the courier costs, that was his choice, not yours.

I know....He has taken the cost of the courier off the final settlement. Said he didn't have the funds to pay for the courier and because he fecked me about he'll cover the courier. £383 for the courier, he says that's why he's selling the bike, skint. I've checked this myself and the courier has been booked and paid for by him.

It was a spur of the moment thing buying a Street Triple. Read and watched lots of reviews since then. It seems a fantastic bike. Hopefully I'll get it on Saturday.

A bit different to the VFR1200 right enough, that was to big and heavy. I'm slight and small so the Street Triple will suit me better as an everyday bike. I only do rural rides. I'm out in the sticks myself. If I was a city slicker I'd get a Monkey bike for moving around the city.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't part with another penny until the bike (and V5) is in front of you and as described. As mentioned previously, it could be the guy is totally unaware of the worry he's causing, or he could genuinely be having a rubbish time at the moment and is lurching from one disaster to another.

It is possible it's still a scam, but assuming he was just after the deposit money, it's a tortuous and ongoing charade if it is. Unless he is banking on you sending money before getting the bike, but making that abundantly clear to him should help quell that issue.

Are you getting the bike delivered to your home address? If he's genuine, he should have less concerns about you paying on delivery then because he knows where you are.

Fingers crossed! I'd be very frustrated if I were in your shoes, but hopefully you'll be out on it at the weekend.

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:42 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is this guy based, how far from you ?

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUN wrote:

He's from Hertfordshire, I'm near Edinburgh.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:33 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

Anyway a bit miffed.

I wouldn't pay a penny more until it is in my hands, I wouldn't have paid the courier costs, that was his choice, not yours.[/quote]

I know....He has taken the cost of the courier off the final settlement. Said he didn't have the funds to pay for the courier and because he fecked me about he'll cover the courier. £383 for the courier, he says that's why he's selling the bike, skint. I've checked this myself and the courier has been booked and paid for by him.

[/quote]

This is starting to sound like my last XJ900, that went from me picking it up with a new MOT on a Saturday afternoon, to him delivering it nearly two weeks later (I'm pretty sure he brought it up in a van and rode it round the corner) via a brake failure, a battery failure and him not having enough time to do various fixes that only came to light after he'd sold it Rolling Eyes

In the end it had a hot running fault that turned out to be an easy fix, but it also wasn't nearly as good as it looked in the pictures and was never really right - I eventually gave up on it and sold the pig, but bought it right in the first place and broke even on the deal, plus the whole experience involved less than a grand.

OP, do not put another penny into this deal, stick to your guns and require a video before it goes into the van, then don't settle until it's on your drive and every bit as good as the seller said it is.

Or take the really sensible option and bail out now, claw your money back (you did buy through the proper Ebay channels, didn't you?) and move on with your life, content that you dodged a bullet.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:36 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like he's hiding problems with it and playing around helps make you so relieved it is finally there you're more likely to overlook undeclared issues.
Even so if price is right and you want it probably will be Ok in the end.
Surely there actually is a bike to deliver.
Or maybe he will mysteriously *disappear* and be impossible to contact further Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:25 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
BRUN wrote:

He's from Hertfordshire, I'm near Edinburgh.

Any relatives/friends from down that way that could nip round for a look at the bike, make sure it actually exists, it runs etc, maybe take a few more pics/video, might stop him messing you around too

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so far so good. Have had a good look at the bike with live video and it's on it's way. I really should stop getting myself all worked up and paranoid. I blame you guys. Laughing

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/297002852_789897438860729_6863744823763434046_n(1).jpg

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope its a good one and not a dog.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

Thanks. I know mate I hope so, taking a chance buying blind from ebay, but oh well. It was a reasonable price on the face of it.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

Thanks. I know mate I hope so, taking a chance buying blind from ebay, but oh well. It was a reasonable price on the face of it.

Let's hope his nan's next door neighbours cat doesn't get run over on the way and he has to turn back and administer mouth to mouth.

In all seriousness, hope it turns up and it's a nice bike that you get some decent usage of, Thumbs Up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5