Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Giilera runner 50sp carb problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

IDOTNY
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:50 - 30 Jul 2022    Post subject: Giilera runner 50sp carb problem Reply with quote

So sometimes the needle that alows more gas and air into the engine aka the throttle sometimes get stuck in the carb have sanded it down gets stuck less but i am worried it will go full throttle in the city and get stuck any suggestions thanks in advance!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:04 - 30 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anhero into the side of an building so that we don't have so suffer the appalling abuse to the English language.

Its your throttle cable that's sticking BTW.

IDOTNY
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:19 - 31 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sorry but no it ISNT the throttle cable its the carburatour's needle that keeps sticking, and i have no idea why

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 31 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the piston valve slide up and down freely on its own using the groove and locating pin?
Is the needle valve vertical and central with the piston valve before fitting?
Is the return spring damaged in any way?
Sanding parts is not the way to go. Shocked

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 31 Jul 2022    Post subject: Re: Giilera runner 50sp carb problem Reply with quote

IDOTNY wrote:
So sometimes the needle that alows more gas and air into the engine aka the throttle sometimes get stuck in the carb have sanded it down gets stuck less but i am worried it will go full throttle in the city and get stuck any suggestions thanks in advance!

You'll need to replace the needle then. Sanding it will change the profile and it's a precision component.

If the needle appears to be sticking then it'll either be the throttle cable as Nobby suggested - that's the most common cause, or the slide/piston sticking because of oxidisation or some other build-up. DON'T sand it or any other carburettor part.

IDOTNY
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:53 - 31 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thank you for your suggestions asfor mentioned i will replace the carb to not cause anymore damage as i bought the moped tuned!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 263 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1