Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Current injuries

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Current injuries Reply with quote

I have two slipped disks and a broken rib at present. is anyone else fked up at the moment?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a slipped disc for the last 8 years Neutral

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M C, I take it they have ruled out Cauda equina in your case, I had MRI last week to eliminate it, thank fk it did so unlike a previous injury that required urgent surgery two years ago.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:55 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the occasional flare up of gout and tennis elbow.

Mostly kept under control by going veggie half the week and wearing elastic band things on my forearms.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't enough room on the internet.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:35 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
There isn't enough room on the internet.

I gave you a funny but in a...
https://c.tenor.com/n7d4w11XAD4AAAAC/hug-kawaii.gif
...way.

Don't want you thinking I'm like bodytard

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:00 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Don't hug, it hurts! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:55 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a tremendous bruise on my left arm from the string of an archery bow.
Tried it for the first time yesterday.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back problem that causes Sudden Onset Tourettes, chronic shoulder pain, and the middle finger of my right hand occasionally locks in place and it bloody hurts to release it. I also crushed the tip of my index finder on my left hand, so if I tap the nail it can feel like it's been smacked by a hammer.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:25 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My skin grafts are failing. The slightest knock on my legs results in something from the a freddie and jason movie, blood averywhere. Laughing . I have to carry military grade trauma bandages to stop the bleeding because to compound the problem I am on blood thinners and anti coagulents due to heart problems and blood clots.

Other than that, I'm absolutly super. Thumbs Up

Oh. I stubbed my little toe yesterday, I actually cried with pain. I is a wuss. Wifie laughed.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:49 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My spine is giving me shit again after breaking it last year. Its just dull aches constantly.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
My skin grafts are failing. The slightest knock on my legs results in something from the a freddie and jason movie, blood averywhere
Paddy. wrote:
My spine is giving me shit again after breaking it last year.

FFS - I was going to add a whinge about my poorly sore knuckle but on second thoughts... Shocked

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:59 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaah go for it Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

What happened?
Paddy. wrote:
Its just dull aches constantly.

I know the feeling unfortunately.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve not long had eye surgery Sick .
Plenty of bright flashes & and a headache.
Two sets of eye-drops that fecking smart enough to make your eyes water??? Shocked .

Old injuries, how long have you got?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
I’ve not long had eye surgery Sick .
Plenty of bright flashes & and a headache.
Two sets of eye-drops that fecking smart enough to make your eyes water??? Shocked .

Old injuries, how long have you got?

I've been through the wars as I said but there is one thing that frightens the life out of me, the thought of going blind. To that end I've never considered laser eye surgery and just stuck with specs. The thought of someone doing surgery on my eyes pretty well freaks me out.

I always used to wear eye protection way before it became the normal on ships. We had one idiot who was trying to get packing out of a superheated steam valve using a file tang. The tang broke and went in his eye which he subsequently lost. I was told he recovered, went back to sea and was caught doing exactly the same thing again. Sacked on the spot.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:13 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Re: Current injuries Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
I have two slipped disks and a broken rib at present. is anyone else fked up at the moment?

So, so much.

I had a crash at Cadwell Park on the 12th of May. I got hit up the back by another rider when trying to avoid an accident ahead of me. I had a suspected broken scaphoid in my left hand, some kind of unknown damage to my left foot (they said a sprain but different doctors had different ideas) and bruising to my lower back and right elbow.

For a while I was only able to move about by crawling on my knees and my left elbow. It was extremely inelegant. My hand has recovered pretty much now, the theory is that I actually broke my scaphoid in an accident in September (also on track) and that this accident just jolted it a bit. The elbow had healed, the back had healed, but the hot weather seems to be making both swell up again which is weird.

The left foot though, Oh... the left foot. I can stand. I can hobble, but I can't bend my left ankle very much (not in flexion, extension is just about OK but very weak). I get pains in the night down the left side of my ankle and my Achilles tendon and I get general day to day pain. It's getting better, but the speed at which it's getting better has slowed a LOT in the last couple of weeks. I'm bloody sick of it. I can just about ride a bike if I'm careful where I stop. Putting the stand down is very difficult. Getting off the bike is difficult. I can stop with my right foot OK but it feels weird.

Driving was a chore as both cars seem to have rather heavy clutches. The porker is now just about do-able because of the seating position. The low position means a direct extension of my leg is enough to press the clutch, whereas the Passat is more of a truck-like driving position where I push down from a seated position rather than a recumbent one. I can drive both cars, but it's not comfortable really.

So when the Dr followed up with a phone call regarding my Scaphoid, I told them the scaphoid was fine, but I wanted to have another look at the ankle. The doctor looked at my X-Rays and said yes there is something weird going on, a possible impingement from some bone being where it shouldn't be (I also have a hereditary bone disorder, so that's not quite as freaky as it sounds for most people). However, here's the kicker (Ha, see what I did there!) That doctor is a hand doctor, and I need to go back to my GP to be referred AGAIN for my ankle. My GP referred me after trying to get an appointment every day for a week, and then I am only referred to the orthopaedic treage, not the orthopaedic surgeon... so at some point in the vague near future I'll get an appointment to see a doctor who will then refer me to yet another doctor... Jeez, you can't f'in make it up. Apparently the hand doctor suggested I request a standing CT scan, so who knows how long it'll take for that to happen.

Still... I am still making *some* improvements. The pain is going away slowly and the strength is coming back. The mobility is still an issue, and I estimate it will be an issue until I can get someone to look at it, and possibly operate.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:33 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

What happened?

Skateboarding - I am not as solid as I once was, concrete bowl, slipped and landed on back, lovely damage to T10-T12 and L4, cracked my left side of pelvis too which was weirdly more painful at the start Neutral

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh, although I might have a little whinge about aches and pains on occasion, I don't like to go into great detail, since all mine were brought on by my own actions - no one to blame but myself. This is a big part of the reason I'm not registered with a GP anymore - and I sort of feel I've had more than my fair share from the NHS already. Anyone else in that kind of situation/feel that way?

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 18:49 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Cauda equina 18 months ago from 2 herniated discs followed by emergency surgery to take the pressure of the spinal nerves.

Nasty disability's if they don't relief the pressure within 24hrs. paralyzed below waist/no control of bowls/no erections/severe pain etc.

I was lucky to only be left have some minor pain issues and a sore back that comes and goes when over doing it at work. Of course my wife thinks it was all down to years of motorcycle riding but not heavy lifting/installing 5/8" drywall for a 1500sqft garage celling and laying flooring/tile for the 3100sqft house all by myself right before it happened. Rolling Eyes
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:01 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Tbh, although I might have a little whinge about aches and pains on occasion, I don't like to go into great detail, since all mine were brought on by my own actions - no one to blame but myself. This is a big part of the reason I'm not registered with a GP anymore - and I sort of feel I've had more than my fair share from the NHS already. Anyone else in that kind of situation/feel that way?

The NHS is for everyone... That's an odd attitude.

I have a hereditary bone disorder called Multiple Hereditary Exostoces. It's basically a very bad case of bone spurs (yeah, I *actually* have bone spurs...). I've been into hospital since I was a child, and I'm very grateful for the NHS. They tend to do a good job with stuff like what I have, but they aren't so good with chronic stuff that comes from acute injuries.

I can't imagine what kind of debt I'd be in if I lived in the US... I'm not sure I'd be able to get insurance cover for the pre-existing condition.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:15 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Meh, I pays my money, I take my healthcare.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:33 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

The NHS is for everyone... That's an odd attitude.

I have a hereditary bone disorder called Multiple Hereditary Exostoces. It's basically a very bad case of bone spurs (yeah, I *actually* have bone spurs...). I've been into hospital since I was a child, and I'm very grateful for the NHS. They tend to do a good job with stuff like what I have, but they aren't so good with chronic stuff that comes from acute injuries.

I can't imagine what kind of debt I'd be in if I lived in the US... I'm not sure I'd be able to get insurance cover for the pre-existing condition.

Yes, but MarJay, that's hereditary. That means you didn't bring it upon yourself Wink
I'm also a smoker. I know the risks. And I have had a few periods here and there in my life where I haven't paid NI contributions due to unemployment - in that situation now, and have been for a few years now. Still think I deserve NHS treatment? What about those who live healthy, safe lives and are unfortunate enough to contract some illness, or are involved in a non-fault accident that leaves them in need of treatment...our NHS is tottering, is it fair for someone like me to place additional strain on it through my poor life choices?

You see, there's virtue signalling, and then there's principle. The first is pretty common, and cheap as chips.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:43 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whereas I am firmly in the camp of the haves funding a system that is a safety net for the have not. For whatever reason they end up in that situation.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Whereas I am firmly in the camp of the haves funding a system that is a safety net for the have not. For whatever reason they end up in that situation.

In other words, stealing.

How will you make people with talent generate wealth for you when they know you're just going to come along and steal it?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 260 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4