Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ukraine war and when Russia will collaps?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

It's comforting to know there is someone at bcf who has a mature grasp of things relating to the Russia V Ukraine (And NATO) war.

It's not only political stuff.

There is also the question of who will pay for all of it.

The whole West is paying now billions because failed to help Russia to become a normal country in 1990s.

West failed to help Russia on road to freedom we see the consequences - Russia is now on the road to unfreedom, exporting lies and doing new cold war with the free world.

Nixon predicted that in 1994. I blame mostly Bill Clinton. He has done nothing about Russia, he was too busy getting blowjobs not much time to actual think about the world order innit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0X3-lDQts

The irony of it one blowjob from Monica may be the reason for upcoming nuclear annihilation of the whole world Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, people would be more interested in historic events if "The Butterfly Effect" was renamed to "The Blowjob Effect" Laughing

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhow really nice Ukrainian war song here.

Антитіла - Фортеця Бахмут / Antytila - Bakhmut Fortress Mom I'll come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmqLVrUXsTQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amusing as the song might be I think most people outside of Ukraine & Russia are only interested in two things: is it over yet? do we need to send more guns?

I've been trying to get a handle on why this war is important so maybe we start with some history, please offer corrections where I'm wrong...

As far as I can tell Ukraine, Ukrainian people and the Ukrainian language is typical of far eastern Europe. Here I'm talking about Lithuania in north, Belarus in the middle and Ukraine in the south. They'd be all a piece if it weren't for (arguably artificial) external political forces. None of them, in terms of national borders, are "real" as far as ancient history is concerned but then very little of Europe is outside of England and Denmark. Probably Lithuania as part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth might be considered the most "solid" in a comparable context to the English/Scottish Union. Anyhoo, all of these places only became real, solid, "thick concepts" if you will after WW2 when so much of the World's map was redrawn. Prior they were playthings of larger powers and it seems they've become playthings again.

During the Eastern Bloc days the Soviets spent their time diluting all their possessions with Russian influence and sent colonists (I think it's fair to call them that) to every place they could stick. You have to start asking the question "what are a people?" and if we place it in a UK context one might look at Ireland and suggest there are two "peoples" there: the original Irish in the south and the colonists in the north. You then have to deal with snapshots in history and consider "well, Henry VIII and William of Orange were both c*nts to Ireland" - not a tricky one to argue - but that was a long time ago, that was then. Maybe, just maybe we should take a snapshot of the now and work with what we have?

And so we have the intractable Ukraine situation. What do we have to work with? Mostly Ukrainian people in the west of the country and somewhat Russian people in the east, that is the current snapshot. We can mutter about how things were but this is the now. Neither presently seems to get along and why? Because neither the Russians nor the Americans want them to as it serves a greater purpose.

IMHO real, tangible peace in Ukraine would be for everyone to lay down their arms and tell the outside influences to get bent.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Amusing as the song might be I think most people outside of Ukraine & Russia are only interested in two things: is it over yet? do we need to send more guns?

I've been trying to get a handle on why this war is important so maybe we start with some history, please offer corrections where I'm wrong...

As far as I can tell Ukraine, Ukrainian people and the Ukrainian language is typical of far eastern Europe. Here I'm talking about Lithuania in north, Belarus in the middle and Ukraine in the south. They'd be all a piece if it weren't for (arguably artificial) external political forces. None of them, in terms of national borders, are "real" as far as ancient history is concerned but then very little of Europe is outside of England and Denmark. Probably Lithuania as part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth might be considered the most "solid" in a comparable context to the English/Scottish Union. Anyhoo, all of these places only became real, solid, "thick concepts" if you will after WW2 when so much of the World's map was redrawn. Prior they were playthings of larger powers and it seems they've become playthings again.

During the Eastern Bloc days the Soviets spent their time diluting all their possessions with Russian influence and sent colonists (I think it's fair to call them that) to every place they could stick. You have to start asking the question "what are a people?" and if we place it in a UK context one might look at Ireland and suggest there are two "peoples" there: the original Irish in the south and the colonists in the north. You then have to deal with snapshots in history and consider "well, Henry VIII and William of Orange were both c*nts to Ireland" - not a tricky one to argue - but that was a long time ago, that was then. Maybe, just maybe we should take a snapshot of the now and work with what we have?

And so we have the intractable Ukraine situation. What do we have to work with? Mostly Ukrainian people in the west of the country and somewhat Russian people in the east, that is the current snapshot. We can mutter about how things were but this is the now. Neither presently seems to get along and why? Because neither the Russians nor the Americans want them to as it serves a greater purpose.

IMHO real, tangible peace in Ukraine would be for everyone to lay down their arms and tell the outside influences to get bent.

Wrong for a start Polish, Lithuanian and Ukraine languages are completely different. Also there is difference between country state and ethnicity. There are russian volunteers from Russia fighting at the moment as part of Ukrainian army. Kharkov which is in the east is about 80% russians that have been bombed by Putin and now are fighting against him.

The war is unelected Putin dictatorship against democracy. I do not see any way how Putin will lay down weapons?

The only way we can get tangible peace is by Putin defeated and put in International Criminal Court as Milosevic.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The historical context is Ukraine generally had a shit time being on the fringes of the Soviet Union (the Holodomor for example), and since independence has moved closer to the West.

Putin wants puppets in neighbouring countries (Alexander Lukashenko for example), and when his puppet Viktor Yanukovych was ousted in 2014 that kicked off the conflict back then.

Problem is these 'revolutions' are rarely organic, and Zelensky's rise from nowhere was insultingly manufactured, which muddies the waters.

So you have a power play between two sides, which is what Putin tried a year ago with his invasion, whilst as usual ordinary people suffer.

tl;dr...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/cat_926.png

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Wrong for a start Polish, Lithuanian and Ukraine languages are completely different...

So says the Western propaganda mouthpiece with no concept of history.

Are you suggesting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was not a thing for several centuries? Historians might be a bit upset. Are you suggesting the Ukrainian language is not more related to Belarusian and Lithuanian than Russian with regards to eastern slavic languages?

Most of the current European geopolitical borders were created post WW2 and the rest in the century before. Again I pointedly ask you "what is a people?" Think ffs instead of just nom-nomming on the propaganda.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 12 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically we're back to the cold war with plenty of proxy hot wars to keep our generals and arms manufacturers happy.
Ukraine is a distraction now the real action will be in where Russia is focusing its diplomatic efforts. A good question is how low will we be prepared to go in the competition to stack up our proxies? Remember back in the cold war we cultivated some pretty nasty regimes in our effort to defend against Comyinisum.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 12 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val laudifying Germany and slagging off the good ole US of A when the only reason Russia hasn't reduced them to component molecules is America the nuclear umbrella.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:08 - 12 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now why Ukraine are so eager to get their hands on the Leopard 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGzRfvgnS_s

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Val laudifying Germany and slagging off the good ole US of A when the only reason Russia hasn't reduced them to component molecules is America the nuclear umbrella.

You do understand that during the cold war that Europe was essentially sacrificial armor for the US in the event things went hot? We were all meant to die.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I see now why Ukraine are so eager to get their hands on the Leopard 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGzRfvgnS_s

Ah Deliveroo are active in the Donbass.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:19 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

None of them, in terms of national borders, are "real" as far as ancient history is concerned but then very little of Europe is outside of England and Denmark. Probably Lithuania as part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth might be considered the most "solid" in a comparable context to the English/Scottish Union.

Even England and Denmark is a pretty uneasy fiction in terms of borders and people. England in itself is pretty long established country with the exception of some debatable lands round the edges. However, there are parts of Denmark which are to all intents and purposes German, and the rest of the Danes loathe the Germans.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Even England and Denmark is a pretty uneasy fiction in terms of borders and people. England in itself is pretty long established country with the exception of some debatable lands round the edges. However, there are parts of Denmark which are to all intents and purposes German, and the rest of the Danes loathe the Germans.

It's a miracle Germany even exists after WW2. If it hadn't been for the threat from Stalinist Russia Germany would probably have been dismantled after the war.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Indeed, what metrics are we going by to define a thing? As "stable political entities" one can only look at England, Denmark and Japan - just an opinion - everywhere else is pretty fluid.

Setting aside the current war for a moment what's the difference between the eastern regions of Ukraine getting shirty and the so-called Palestinians? How are the Bohemian and Prussian nationalists doing these days?
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 20 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still confused by this whole affair.

Let's assume Putin is stupid enough to believe all the lies forwarded to him: the Russian army is fighting fit and well armed, Ukrainians will welcome them with open arms as they roll into Kiev and a pro-Russian dictator could be installed. What about the Western reaction?

Putin would have to believe that everyone else at most grumbled, shrugged their shoulders and went "Slavic problems, eh?" And probably more: imagining that the likes of Finland and Poland would go "Russian Empire 2.0? Sign me up!" and Germany reconsidering its NATO membership.

Three days in and everyone including Putin knew Russia had lost. It's utterly mad.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 20 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I'm still confused by this whole affair.

Let's assume Putin is stupid enough to believe all the lies forwarded to him: the Russian army is fighting fit and well armed, Ukrainians will welcome them with open arms as they roll into Kiev and a pro-Russian dictator could be installed. What about the Western reaction?

Putin would have to believe that everyone else at most grumbled, shrugged their shoulders and went "Slavic problems, eh?" And probably more: imagining that the likes of Finland and Poland would go "Russian Empire 2.0? Sign me up!" and Germany reconsidering its NATO membership.

Three days in and everyone including Putin knew Russia had lost. It's utterly mad.

Assuming Putin did steamroll into K(y)iev and install his puppet, what would the West have been able to do? Sanctions? I doubt they'd have sent in troops and kicked off WW3.

The idea was it would scare other bordering countries from joining NATO, as get too close to the west = regime change/invasion, although I don't see the logic behind that because if you feel under threat you'd be more likely to join.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
The whole West is paying now billions because failed to help Russia to become a normal country in 1990s.

You mean Britain and the US are.
Britain is the second highest contributor of aid to Ukraine (after the US). The EU is giving the square root of fcuk all.

Why is that exactly?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:00 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't take into account the cost of the weapons. For example, Leopard 2s are cheaper than Challenger 2s because efficiency of scale. There's a hell of a lot more Leopards than Challengers going.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
...what would the West have been able to do?

At best they would react unfavourably. Odd thoughts like "maybe we should start building nuclear reactors again?" might start floating about. Certainly no one would be heaping praise on the whole affair.

Sacrificing a valuable working relationship with the Germans just to put the wind up the Finns doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too early to ask what Ukraine is offering us in return?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:12 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buffer between Russia and NATO at present and giving Russia a bloody nose thus making Russia think twice to even take on a NATO aligned power and it's superior weapons.

We get to see how our weapons and tactics compare with the Russian bear without actually being a risk ourselves.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Haven't you seen all the adverts?

https://preview.redd.it/this-dating-site-advertising-ukrainian-women-to-date-when-v0-h0ug0cwr49e91.jpg?auto=webp&s=1fcb0813b591e29faba39e013b06daa12ada9b4a

A warzone in Ukraine rather than a Putin controlled Ukraine on the border of Nato countries. It's why they weren't particularly concerned about the 2014 invasion.

I actually suspect both sides (as in the west and Russia) would pretty much settle on what is occupied now.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Well, in WW2 when we were effectivly the only bastion against Nazism, we ended owing the USA a shed load with lend/lease. Took us decades to pay it off. I hope Ukraine is going to payback every penny's worth of stuff they have had off us, including refugee costs.

But I'm sure they won't. Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20