Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ukraine war and when Russia will collaps?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 18 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Putin arrest warrant issued over war crime allegations

I do love a good laugh.

Tony Blair?

Totally agree but as everything, the winner makes the rules and choses who shoulders the blame.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:52 - 18 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting regarding the specific charges. Relocating children from the Donbass to Russia. Of course, under Russian Law, the Donbass is now Russian. So the war crime allegation viewed from that perspective is Putin taking children from one part of Russia to another.

Logic and legality aside - agree with previous poster. Maybe Putin should wait his turn. Bush, Blair, Rumsfeld (if still alive?) and those who tortured Iraqis in Abu Ghraib etc can go first.

I know the Yanks havent signed up for it but neither have the Ruskies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:43 - 19 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indoctrinating children into being little Russians then sending them back is an old strategy. They did it in a lot of the old Sov-block countries. I've spoken to a few Poles who were forced to speak Russian at school and were also encouraged to join youth groups which let them do extra activities and get extra food after school and at weekends while teaching them to be good little communists. With a sinister undertone of keeping tabs on what their parents were saying and thinking politically.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:05 - 19 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Indoctrinating children. With a sinister undertone of keeping tabs on what their parents were saying and thinking politically.

Sounds like Social Media.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:03 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very old one out of the play book. The more famous examples are th North americans taking natiive children away and the Australians doing the same with aborigine children.

No doubt the Germans did it in the 2nd world war and I seemto remember Us English doing it to the Irish as well.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:01 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's a very old one out of the play book. The more famous examples are th North americans taking natiive children away and the Australians doing the same with aborigine children.

No doubt the Germans did it in the 2nd world war and I seemto remember Us English doing it to the Irish as well.

There's an old catholic saying " give us the child until he's seven and we'll show you the man"

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

There's an old catholic saying " give us the child until he's seven and we'll show you the man"

I thought it was 'give us the child until he's seven and we will show you a go(o)d time'.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle made that quote years n years ago in the local Red Lion pub. Fact.

Bonus fact; He was absolutely bobbins at pool.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putin will end like Saddam. He and his mates deserve it in spades.

https://i.imgur.com/fa5rpeZ.jpg

Also his dashcam footage:

https://i.imgur.com/l7VOpsK.png

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Indoctrinating children into being little Russians then sending them back is an old strategy. They did it in a lot of the old Sov-block countries. I've spoken to a few Poles who were forced to speak Russian at school and were also encouraged to join youth groups which let them do extra activities and get extra food after school and at weekends while teaching them to be good little communists. With a sinister undertone of keeping tabs on what their parents were saying and thinking politically.

Been there done that. You know what stopped indoctrination?

Watching movies like Rambo and Rocky and listening on Radio Free Europe and Ronald Reagan speeches about the Evil Empire.

Also Poland had Solidarnost so its not working at all Laughing

Last edited by Val on 17:58 - 21 Mar 2023; edited 1 time in total

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shouldn't have touched Hussein. Iraq would be miles better off if we had left him in charge despite being a dictator.

Sometimes in some communitys, dictators work for the majority and that seems especially true in the middle east. The Shah of Persia, Gadaffi, Sadaam, Assad. Stability rather than anarchy.

Even Saudi Arabia, backward, medieval in their systems. A plaything for one family but can you imagine the anarchy in that country if we (the west) tried to put in tolerant, benificial democracy? Laughing

Sometimes you just have to suck it up buttercup and stop playing god (Yes, Tony B. Looking at you among others).

Oh, and who would have bought Newcastle United if it wasn't for the Saudis? Evil or Very Mad

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you ever stop to wonder if its actually us that are the bad guys? Neutral

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

Of course I think the UK military has often been sent to defend our own energy interests, and we only go up against enemies we think we can beat (hence the ICBM-armed but otherwise poor Russian military is safe), but I think there’s also been a nobler element of fighting for the oppressed of foreign countries. Unfortunately, as I said before, dictatorships are often more stable and perhaps safer (as long as you toe the line) than the long drawn out, war torn tribalism which follows attempts at regime change. So we look like the bad guys. Perhaps better to buy their oil and let them get on with it?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:07 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember there were two gulf wars. The first one, the aggressive dictator invaded a neighbouring country and tried to annex it. The West went in guns blazing and kicked him out. Kuwait, as far as I know, did well after this.

We stopped. Maybe that's where we should have stopped.

Gulf war 2. Military success. Political shitshow. The military did what they were asked to do. The politicians had no idea what to do after that.

So aims need to be clear. Toppling Putin and political reform of Russia should not be the aim. Any reform in that respect neds to come from within and from the Russian people. Kicking Russia out of Ukraine and re-establishing/stabilising the border seems a good stopping point. Like Finland did.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:26 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'me sure I've said the following before...

Go in hard

Kill the bad guys.

Fuck off out. Not our problem.

This doesn't really work with someone who has nukes.....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Go in hard

Kill the least bad guys.

FTFY.
Except the least bad guys are now the bad guys.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:53 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

Indeed. Pretty sure if we ran a global poll - we'd come out tops there.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:59 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Go in hard

Kill the bad guys.

But then they'd need someone like Haliburton to rebuild their infrastructure. Someone like Shell to help them repair pipelines and extract the black gold. We could even take it out the ground and sell it back to them - East India style.

Of course, they'd also hate us so in the next decade or 2 we'd have new insurgencies and new international terrorist organisations to watch out for.

We'd be rich but what a mess!

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:08 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Of course I think the UK military has often been sent to defend our own energy interests, and we only go up against enemies we think we can beat (hence the ICBM-armed but otherwise poor Russian military is safe), but I think there’s also been a nobler element of fighting for the oppressed of foreign countries. Unfortunately, as I said before, dictatorships are often more stable and perhaps safer (as long as you toe the line) than the long drawn out, war torn tribalism which follows attempts at regime change. So we look like the bad guys. Perhaps better to buy their oil and let them get on with it?

Yes it would be foolish to attack a nuclear armed state directly. Instead we could destabilise it by sowing anti-Russian sentiment around it.

1) Baltic states - Check
2) Poland - Check
3) Ukraine - Check (situation unresolved)
4) Georgia - Check
5) Belarus - tried but failed.
6) Also - lets have NATO on its doorstep - check.

Immediately post USSR, the Ruskies were too weak to do anything about such events but guess they reached their limit. Only thing surprising about current events is that we continue to prod the bear.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:18 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

Mitchell and Webb. Classic.
Anyway, the fact that every government that we know with absolute certainty lies came out in unison to call Putin the super bad guy, backed by every media outlet.... well I guess they must be telling the truth this time.
I'm genuinely surprised anyone is buying into it.
I agree with Nobby in so far as the only good war is a short war, anything else is just prolonged suffering and more death.

Thinking about all the lies around recent conflicts, was the last honest war the Falklands? I don't think anyone got rich, and no other fcker helped us out.
Was Thatcher more trustworthy than Blair?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:01 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
The military did what they were asked to do. The politicians had no idea what to do after that.

Won the war but lost the peace.

Didn't Saddam have the daft idea of selling oil in Euros instead of US Dollars?

Iraq nets handsome profit by dumping dollar for euro

Date of article Feb 2003, Iraq War started March 2003... funny that Thinking

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:44 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I seemto remember Us English doing it to the Irish as well.

It's still very much alive and well in this country with kids being politically indoctrinated under the guise of modern progressive education.

Rain

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:03 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTTD wrote:

Thinking about all the lies around recent conflicts, was the last honest war the Falklands? I don't think anyone got rich, and no other fcker helped us out.

It would appear so but there are some significant oil and gas deposits down there in the Falklands EEZ.

Argies are making noises on the issue of late. Could we defeat them if they try again?

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:09 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

It's still very much alive and well in this country with kids being politically indoctrinated under the guise of modern progressive education.

Rain

Swear there are more LGBQTies in my kids secondary school than there are regular kids.

Apparently, according to my boys they have their own groups (gangs?) within the alphabet-soup too.

How on earth have we allowed this kind of thing to be promoted to children? Adults - Do what you like. I'd maybe support and promote that aspect but come on. Leave the children out of it!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:13 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
BTTD wrote:

It would appear so but there are some significant oil and gas deposits down there in the Falklands EEZ.

Argies are making noises on the issue of late. Could we defeat them if they try again?

After the US invoked the NATO clause about attacking one is an attack on all after 9/11, arguably we could do the same if they did.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20