Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBF1000 GT ABS starting issues

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Stevie_B
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:29 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: CBF1000 GT ABS starting issues Reply with quote

Hi. New boy here. Read thru some of the old posts regarding starting issues and most say battery but its brand new and it even does it when hooked up to my car (before i replaced the battery)
Its done 12k miles and can sit there in the garage for a day or a week and when i come to start it, it whizzes over but cranks for easily 6 or seven seconds and then burbles a couple of times and eventually fires up. Its been 378 degrees here in britain the last few months and its still a c*&t to start from cold. When its hot it still cranks 3 or 4 times before firing up. I've read the plug interval is 20k miles. I cant ask the local honda dealer as we dont get along.
I dont use it for short journeys and ring its neck when riding it as its a bit slow.
Plugs?
Any common issues?

Thanks

Steve
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1