Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Single layer jeans

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:30 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Single layer jeans Reply with quote

Anyone recommend any good single layer jeans ?

Tried a few so far, wondered what everyone else wears

Must be AA/AAA rated, and black

ordered/trying a few from John Doe and Pando Moto at the moment

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Re: Single layer jeans Reply with quote

BRUN wrote:

Good video about this from Bennetts: https://youtu.be/n22vtWc8QRw

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be plenty of manufacturers these days of single layer denim, though very few offer them in black

I know Oxford used to do a AAA rated pair, but had to downgrade them to AA rated (can't remember the exact reasoning now) and had to offer a partial refund to anyone who bought a pair

They do have them in black though, and reasonably priced

I have a pair of Bull-It single layers jeans (though they do have a mesh lining), recently had a slow speed off 15-20 mph and they held up well, just a slight scuff to one knee, still perfectly servicable

Also another handy video link from Urban Rider
2021: https://youtu.be/VHKWJWCpvlw
2022: https://youtu.be/ehtzdG4fuDM

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

still got a pair from Aldi ..fitted with rst. hip protectors ... however i`m watchin the prices in the usual outlets for the new single layer type and or the dual layer ...

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:24 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: Single layer jeans Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
BRUN wrote:

Good video about this from Bennetts: https://youtu.be/n22vtWc8QRw

cheers, yea ive seen this video

I already have some Hood ones, which I will still use for high speed stuff or cooler weather, but wanted something lighter and cooler for summer

Just sent 2 John Doe back as their slim fit is more skinny to me, their straight fit is actually a good slim ish fit

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:25 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
There seem to be plenty of manufacturers these days of single layer denim, though very few offer them in black

I know Oxford used to do a AAA rated pair, but had to downgrade them to AA rated (can't remember the exact reasoning now) and had to offer a partial refund to anyone who bought a pair

They do have them in black though, and reasonably priced

I have a pair of Bull-It single layers jeans (though they do have a mesh lining), recently had a slow speed off 15-20 mph and they held up well, just a slight scuff to one knee, still perfectly servicable

Also another handy video link from Urban Rider
2021: https://youtu.be/VHKWJWCpvlw
2022: https://youtu.be/ehtzdG4fuDM

good to know they held up, cheers

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the market for some of these. Been looking out for a second hand pair for ages but being a 32/34 waist depending on
manufacturer they seem to get snapped up quick. I have a pair of Hornee jeans but they are too big for me and way
baggier than I'd like anyway. Am I fuck paying over £100 though.

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:57 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I'm in the market for some of these. Been looking out for a second hand pair for ages but being a 32/34 waist depending on
manufacturer they seem to get snapped up quick. I have a pair of Hornee jeans but they are too big for me and way
baggier than I'd like anyway. Am I fuck paying over £100 though.

for £100 budget probably look at the Oxford ones or the Bull-It

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:48 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that anyone is likely interested but settled on some Pando Moto ones, extremely comfortable, and properly black unlike most

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:07 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUN wrote:
not that anyone is likely interested but settled on some Pando Moto ones, extremely comfortable, and properly black unlike most

I'll have to look into those, as i too want some proper black motorcycle jeans, they are either 90% blue, or worn/lived in black, hardly anyone offers actual black jeans

Are they a true single layer then, with no mesh lining?

As i said above, my Bull-It ones are technically a single layer, but still have a mesh lining (partially i assume for somewhere to mount the armour)

Also, how is the fit, are slim actually slim, skinny are skinny?

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:30 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Roadskin ones; their EasyRider are AA rated, dark blue (not quite black, but not far off), on offer at £139 at the moment. Had mine for 4 years now and they've had a fair amount of use and are still looking fresh. Come with the soft memory foam (?) D30 type (but not actually D30) armour pads too I seem to recall.

Here are mine "in action" - so you can get an idea of the colour when outside.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/51c5a08659f7bc699b47d9b314f12bd219fb.jpg

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:14 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
I've got the Roadskin ones; their EasyRider are AA rated, dark blue (not quite black, but not far off), on offer at £139 at the moment. Had mine for 4 years now and they've had a fair amount of use and are still looking fresh. Come with the soft memory foam (?) D30 type (but not actually D30) armour pads too I seem to recall.

Here are mine "in action" - so you can get an idea of the colour when outside.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/51c5a08659f7bc699b47d9b314f12bd219fb.jpg

Buy the picture you tight sod Laughing

Can I ask about leg length? what leg are you, how do you find them when riding, do they start to ride up your boots?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:23 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:

Buy the picture you tight sod Laughing

Can I ask about leg length? what leg are you, how do you find them when riding, do they start to ride up your boots?

Yes I am too tight to pay £12.50 for that picture. Laughing You're welcome to buy it for me for closer jeans scrutiny if you then forward me a copy. Wink

I think I'm 31" leg, I can't actually remember if they did different leg lengths or not (even so, they might do now if they didn't before - they're very helpful when I spoke to them). You can see what they're like in the picture, but essentially they never seem to ride above the boots, when off the bike they're not excessively long either, just resting on the front of the boot, but not bags of spare fabric. They're quite open to you sending back unused jeans and they'll send you a different size to get the sizing right though. The only tweak I did was I sewed the knee pads in place as they weren't quite sitting where I wanted them inside the "pockets" inside the trouser, but that was only 30 minutes of effort and I'm no seamstress.

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:54 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
BRUN wrote:

I'll have to look into those, as i too want some proper black motorcycle jeans, they are either 90% blue, or worn/lived in black, hardly anyone offers actual black jeans

Are they a true single layer then, with no mesh lining?

As i said above, my Bull-It ones are technically a single layer, but still have a mesh lining (partially i assume for somewhere to mount the armour)

Also, how is the fit, are slim actually slim, skinny are skinny?

these are truly single layer, obviously a pocket for the knee armour but other than that single, Pando STEEL BLACK 02 they are

the fit, ive no chance with skinny jeans my legs are too big, nor would i want that look either, i currently have some of the straight fit Hood, and with these I wanted something slimmer fit, these are exactly what I was after, slim, but definitely not skinny

they are not cheap, but they are very good quality and very comfortable

PotatoHead202...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:01 - 13 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurgence new wave triple A

Very happy with them

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:35 - 27 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, I've the bullet AA rated ones, I went for the women's, they've more flex and fit me better, very happy with them as anything jeans.

I tripped during a moshpit the other day and the rough cobblestones teared a small hole in the knee, I lost about 5cm of skin tho (removed knee armour, stupid). Mixed feelings, I feel normal jeans would've ripped proper, they hold up remarkably well to general non bike abuse.

I've lowsided at 10-15mph on the Knox Richmond (dual) and they just got scuffed, basically are a lighter shade, otherwise good.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1