Taking A1 Test on 100cc / Updating V5 to 125cc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:

Out of interest, was the guy who got checked a native English speaker? From my experience, non narives seem to get unjustly treated compared to their English speaking equal counterparts within the bike training world, limited experience, but definitely seen this, I came away from my first CBTA fuming at what I saw.

https://i.imgur.com/MIeKV46.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:04 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much virgin in this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:04 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
...there's no way they're not checking the license plate against tax and insurance and type, it would be ludicrous. I imagine it's something they just do in the background which is why nobody seems to really know if they check or not....If they don't do this check, I'd day the chances of the bike slipping under the radar are high....

What happened to integrity?; to honesty and truth in word and action? Why does anyone think it is OK to deceive the DVLA in order to obtain license to ride on public roads?
Personally, I hope you fail. Confused

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:21 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffyjeff wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:
...there's no way they're not checking the license plate against tax and insurance and type, it would be ludicrous. I imagine it's something they just do in the background which is why nobody seems to really know if they check or not....If they don't do this check, I'd day the chances of the bike slipping under the radar are high....

What happened to integrity?; to honesty and truth in word and action? Why does anyone think it is OK to deceive the DVLA in order to obtain license to ride on public roads?
Personally, I hope you fail. Confused

If bike and rider can complete the tasks legally required in a safe and competant way on a vehicle that's inconceivably different to one that's specified, the deceit is superficial.

If someone did indeed swap the engine, it would say a kilogram to the bike, that's the only difference other than giving the bike more top speed which isn't required on the test and therefore irrelevant. The weight difference would be less than the difference between a full and empty fuel tank. So if someone was to compete the test on a 100cc, would that make them any less safe of a rider? No. Is the entire point of a license to increase safety, yes. So again, to my mind, it's a superficial deceit that affects nobody.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:24 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraud is fraud.

If you say one part of the requirement can be disregarded, then any part can be disregarded.

So, get someone to take the test for you.

I'm really not sure why you are arguing the toss on this. I'm assuming some sort of congnative disability.

pbt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its up to 'you' to prove the vehicle you bring for test is suitable, not up to the examiner to prove it. So, when you rock up on your 'custom' ratbobber with crudely hacksawed slashcuts, matt black rattlecan paintjob, and shitty brown pleather seat, he is perfectly entitled to say 'I don't believe this is suitable for test, off you fuck Chuckles' and go make himself a cuppa and laugh about your stupidity to his colleagues. Just beg or borrow a 125 and do shit properly.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:35 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thats exactly why I used a training school's CG125 rather than my hanging but far faster RG125 to take my test in '92.

To make it clear, you had to pass on a 125 or smaller back then and you got a full license.

Fucking hateful thing. the instructor pissed himself at one point when I tried ducking down to make it faster and said ' that won't make it faster'.

And it was faster than your POS.

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:41 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbt wrote:
Its up to 'you' to prove the vehicle you bring for test is suitable, not up to the examiner to prove it. So, when you rock up on your 'custom' ratbobber with crudely hacksawed slashcuts, matt black rattlecan paintjob, and shitty brown pleather seat, he is perfectly entitled to say 'I don't believe this is suitable for test, off you fuck Chuckles' and go make himself a cuppa and laugh about your stupidity to his colleagues. Just beg or borrow a 125 and do shit properly.

You couldn't be further from the truth about my bike haha

And I'm more than happy to be laughed out of there, if there's systems in place to make that happen that means logic prevails and that's all good with me, but it's certainly worth £15 to find out and not have to buy a third bike.

But again, if the bike can do everything required on the test, what's the harm? How does that make me more of a danger on the road than anyone else? I do enjoy how worked up everyone is getting, it's clearly hitting a nerve I just can't quite figure out what that nerve is. Everyone in here seems to have no respect for people who spend their life examining bikers and handing out licensees, and yet on the other hand are up in arms that anyone might try and deceive them.

That's a totally illogical paradox to my mind. It's like hating the police and then helping them solve a petty crime.

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:47 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Fraud is fraud.

If you say one part of the requirement can be disregarded, then any part can be disregarded.

So, get someone to take the test for you.

I'm really not sure why you are arguing the toss on this. I'm assuming some sort of congnative disability.

Doing the test on a 20cc too small bike which I'd argue is more difficult to pass on than a 125cc due to having to hit the 31mph mark in limited space, is hardly comparable to having someone take the test for me. Clearly you can't have a rational debate.

Also, you can keep insulting my bike but I bloody love the thing, not sure why you feel the need to do that but hey, you do you sir.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:50 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have spent the last three weeks going on about taking an A1 test (which is pointless) on a bike that cannot meet the requirements of the test and you really don't think it won't be noticed?

Bear in mind that you will be literally be the only person in the country doing an A1 test because it's pointless. The A1 category is simply to create a category where people can ride round on L plates.

pbt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i'll give you another incentive to do it properly. Out our way theres an ATB, a well respected, long standing ATB, who fucked up. He got a new bike for DAS that didn't quite fit the criteria. He did a number of courses with it, then one of the examiners twigged that the bike wasn't suitable. so the DVLA revoked every single licence that had been issued to candidates using that bike. So, do they check, yes, if they feel like it, or, if they don't feel the bike is 'right'. So, please, try your luck, let us know how it goes.
No, I won't name the school, Pinky 'might' know who it was, coz we've got mutual friends in the industry who also know said ATB, but, there again, he might not.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbt wrote:

No, I won't name the school, Pinky 'might' know who it was, coz we've got mutual friends in the industry who also know said ATB, but, there again, he might not.

I have heard of this happening. I did not know the school, do not know the name, down here it was a rumour. interesting to find out it was real.

As for the OP, I cannot believe he is still trying to argue his point. At this point he is either an idiot with a serious lack of intelligence or a troll. Either way he is still whinging about how its unfair that his bike isnt good enough to fit the category and he believes he can make a mockery of the government.

I now name him Boris as hes the last fool that made a mockery of the government.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:43 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbt why won't you name the school?

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
pbt why won't you name the school?

I would like to state, for the record,

It was not mine! nor any of the schools I have been affiliated with. We do things properly by the book. I make sure of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
I do enjoy how worked up everyone is getting, it's clearly hitting a nerve I just can't quite figure out what that nerve is.

It is about integrity, rectitude, cohesion of word and action. We are bikers, but we are not all the deviants that you may think we are. Your proposed deception to the DVLA is objectionable, to me and apparently to others. You are not required to purchase another bike in order to honor your representation to the DVLA; you can borrow one, rent one, or find a school and use theirs.

Last edited by jeffyjeff on 21:37 - 04 Sep 2022; edited 1 time in total

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:27 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so fucking hilarious to read - not a patch on JizzBummy's levels of retardation but a damn good try.

Go for your test with your 100cc bike and claim its a 125cc. You will be absolutely fine, no trouble at all

Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:28 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you all, this all just started with an innocent question and I do believe if I were to take my bike to the test centre they would do some form of check and I would be out the door before I even got in.

However, that doesn't satisfy for me the question of what's the difference between taking the test on a 100cc and a 120cc bike? Why would I be deemed incapable even if I did everything required?

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:

However, that doesn't satisfy for me the question of what's the difference between taking the test on a 100cc and a 120cc bike? Why would I be deemed incapable even if I did everything required?

The difference is simple and I will try and use small words as you clearly are not reading well.

The 100cc bike is not suitable (sorry big word) for the test, it does not fit the requirements (another big word, sorry) and a 125cc (not 120) does fit the requirements.

Taking said test on a bike with the assumption (sorry) that the DVSA will not check, knowing your bike is not suitable and obtaining a licence with said bike is fraud.

It is not that you or your bike is incapable. It is simply the bike is not suitable. If you must argue the point further, then why not take it up with the DVSA themselves. Drop them an email or call them if you must.

customerservices@dvsa.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 200 1122
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm

Whining like a pansy on BCF because your bike does not fit the requirements and arguing about it when we are not agreeing with you will not change things. We do not make the rules and we do not set the parameters of the test. Much like many of us here cannot take the test on any bike, its not that we are incapable, I can do a mod 1 in under 3 minutes. it's simply I do not fit the parameters because I have already gained my full licence.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only skimmed it but reckon this to be BCF's most tedious thread.

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:20 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:

The difference is simple and I will try and use small words as you clearly are not reading well.

The 100cc bike is not suitable (sorry big word) for the test, it does not fit the requirements (another big word, sorry) and a 125cc (not 120) does fit the requirements.

Taking said test on a bike with the assumption (sorry) that the DVSA will not check, knowing your bike is not suitable and obtaining a licence with said bike is fraud.

It is not that you or your bike is incapable. It is simply the bike is not suitable. If you must argue the point further, then why not take it up with the DVSA themselves. Drop them an email or call them if you must.

Whining like a pansy on BCF because your bike does not fit the requirements and arguing about it when we are not agreeing with you will not change things. We do not make the rules and we do not set the parameters of the test. Much like many of us here cannot take the test on any bike, its not that we are incapable, I can do a mod 1 in under 3 minutes. it's simply I do not fit the parameters because I have already gained my full licence.

Pinky, I'm not sure what you're reading to come to the conclusion that I'm whining about my bike not being good enough, I'm literally just asking questions to you guys because clearly you're more experienced than me and clearly you all have a big issue with me trying it on my smaller bike, so I'm interested in why you guys feel like that, other than being sticks in the mud who blindly follow the rules even if they make no sense. I've also stated numerous times that I actually do think they will check, so not sure where you're getting the perspective that I think they won't check.

And you can get off your high horse, I can assure you I'm far more educated than yourself so use whatever language you feel comfortable with.

You haven't actually answered the question of why a 100cc isn't suitable if it can fulfill the requirements needed to perform all the actions of the test. Clearly there isn't one, it's just one of those things we have to blindly go along with, never daring to use our own minds to question anything because nobody likes a man who thinks for himself apparently. MUST BLINDLY FOLLOW RULES even if they make no sense.

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:22 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Only skimmed it but reckon this to be BCF's most tedious thread.

Get into the details and I'm sure you won't change your mind! Haha

I have to say I'm really enjoying winding up all these men with very little/no hair

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
... it's just one of those things we have to blindly go along with, never daring to use our own minds to question anything because nobody likes a man who thinks for himself apparently. MUST BLINDLY FOLLOW RULES even if they make no sense.

Feel free to question all the rules you want, just don't come here and demand agreement with your point of view. Cool

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:47 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:

And you can get off your high horse, I can assure you I'm far more educated than yourself so use whatever language you feel comfortable with.

Education and intelligence are two different things, one of these you are clearly lacking.

HondaCityExpress wrote:
You haven't actually answered the question of why a 100cc isn't suitable if it can fulfill the requirements needed to perform all the actions of the test. Clearly there isn't one, it's just one of those things we have to blindly go along with, never daring to use our own minds to question anything because nobody likes a man who thinks for himself apparently. MUST BLINDLY FOLLOW RULES even if they make no sense.

I think you will find I have answered that question. Right here

pinkyfloyd wrote:

I even gave you the number to call and ask the people who do make the rules and set the parameters. As for he whinging bit this whole thread is coming across as a tempter tantrum and just screams

"But why cant I use my bike, its not fair, it can do everything on the test but why.... wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhh!"

I'll say it again. Your bike does not fit the parameters set by the DVSA and I'll even go as far as adding Brussels as they implemented the 3rd directive in 2013 which set the parameters for the test.

As for the nonsense about using our minds and questioning anything, speaking as someone who works under the regulations DVSA umbrella and have done for over 9 years now. If you try and question or argue with the DVSA or any government controlled body you get nowhere.

We do not set the rules, they do, and arguing about them because you personally do not agree with them because they do not suit your agenda is like pissing against the wind, you get more over you than anything else.

Now stop crying like a bitch and get a bike suitable. I'm now bored of you and will no longer entertain this idiocy.

More educated than me? Pah.... thick as dog shit tho.

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:47 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again Pinky you are miss interpreting my responses, not once have I said it's not fair, I'm not questioning the rules set out by the DVSA, I'm not looking to change them, I was just questioning why you and others in here were getting so angry at what I was planning on doing.

The DVSA wasn't calling me a cheat, a fraud etc etc, you guys in here were, so I was asking YOU GUYS "what's the difference?" to validate your opinions because you were all so vocal about it and so opinionated , but yet again you haven't actually answered why YOU PERSONALLY think the 100cc isn't suitable compared to a 125cc to give credence to your other responses. But alas, you're unable to think with your own mind and just parrot the rules back to me, but I know the rules.

A rational response from someone would be "they'll probably check the bike and tell you it's not suitable, but if you want to give it a try, that's up to you". And then they would have moved on with their day, not giving me a second thought. But instead I was instantly met with anger, name calling and attempted belittlement.

Maybe it's just a forum full of angry men hunched over their PCs looking for anything to vent their frustrations at, I've not looked around enough to see if that's just the vibe here, or perhaps I've inadvertently touched a nerve that I can't quite understand. Either way, it's been an interesting one, a simple question with some firey answers, I won't dare to come on here to announce I got my "totally useless A1 license" on my "peice of shit bike" in fear of starting world war three.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote="HondaCityExpress"]Again Pinky you are miss interpreting my responses, not once have I said it's not fair, I'm not questioning the rules set out by the DVSA, I'm not looking to change them, I was just questioning why you and others in here were getting so angry at what I was planning on doing.

The DVSA wasn't calling me a cheat, a fraud etc etc, you guys in here were, so I was asking YOU GUYS "what's the difference?" to validate your opinions because you were all so vocal about it and so opinionated , but yet again you haven't actually answered why YOU PERSONALLY think the 100cc isn't suitable compared to a 125cc to give credence to your other responses. But alas, you're unable to think with your own mind and just parrot the rules back to me, but I know the rules.
[/quote]

It was mentioned that 100cc might not be enough to get up to speed for the emergency aka controlled stop, and/or the swerve.

I don't know if this is true and neither do you. But it's a compelling and potentially objective factor that has little to do with personal prejudices.

The terse reactions you're encountering ITT are probably due to a low tolerance for smart-arse borderline autistic nitpickery. There may be grey areas. There may be unintended latitude here and there. There may be omissions, mistakes and ultimately unworkable wordings and requirements. But the letter of the legalities are less important than their spirit. And the spirit of it is pretty plain.

Weaselling and waffling are annoying at the best of times. Trying to chisel away at the small print is counterproductive. If you'd charged yourself ten quid an hour for all the time you'd wasted on this crap you'd probably have enough saved to have got an A1 license via a bike school.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 225 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5