Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:49 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
quote=
It was mentioned that 100cc might not be enough to get up to speed for the emergency aka controlled stop, and/or the swerve.

I don't know if this is true and neither do you. But it's a compelling and potentially objective factor that has little to do with personal prejudices.

The terse reactions you're encountering ITT are probably due to a low tolerance for smart-arse borderline autistic nitpickery. There may be grey areas. There may be unintended latitude here and there. There may be omissions, mistakes and ultimately unworkable wordings and requirements. But the letter of the legalities are less important than their spirit. And the spirit of it is pretty plain.

Weaselling and waffling are annoying at the best of times. Trying to chisel away at the small print is counterproductive. If you'd charged yourself ten quid an hour for all the time you'd wasted on this crap you'd probably have enough saved to have got an A1 license via a bike school.

Hey,

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, however it was me that mentioned it might not be adequate for the emergency swerve at speed test. These were the kinds of answers I was looking for, actual facts that could convince me either way that it was worth or not worth doing and was hoping the more experienced people in here might have thought of more of these types of hurdles or lack thereof.

However good catch with the boarderline autistic responses, you've actually nailed me there, not diagnosed but I'm certainly somewhere along that spectrum further than the average person. But for my career it suits me just fine.

I honestly though don't understand how I've been a smart arse? Perhaps after someone tried to belittle me, but initially I was polite and genuinely curious. I've just asked people to explain their angry responses, I do however enjoy helping people see their paradoxical thinking, which does tend to end up with people getting very angry at the person who makes them realise their beliefs conflict one another.

£10 a minute maybe I would have saved enough, but I think £10 an hour I'd have £10 maximum with most of these replies sent from the comfort of my bed or whilst on the payroll where I'm earning much more than £10 an hour.

It's not just the cost of the lessons, it's the lost earnings in the time to take them. If I took 5 days off to do my A or A2, I'd lose £2,750 in lost earnings, plus the £800 for the training, that's a total cost of £3,550, just to ride my 100cc bike, that's 100% not worth it for me and what I want to get out of my biking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:53 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
I'm not trying to be confrontational here

Should try it sometime, so someone can batter your face with a brick for getting too argumentative.

That said, you absolutely reek of troll autism. I'm unsure on why you keep coming back here when schools started today, you should be there learning.

You are being a smart arse, perhaps you should go get diagnosed as you are blind to the responses and see what you want to see.

Talking about losing 5 days pay costing you £2750, that puts you at 250k per year, which is laughable from someone who rides a 100cc and wants to do their A1.

I've change my previous description from trolling autist to absolute shit eating cum bucket troll. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:04 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:
I'm not trying to be confrontational here

Should try it sometime, so someone can batter your face with a brick for getting too argumentative.

That said, you absolutely reek of troll autism. I'm unsure on why you keep coming back here when schools started today, you should be there learning.

You are being a smart arse, perhaps you should go get diagnosed as you are blind to the responses and see what you want to see.

Talking about losing 5 days pay costing you £2750, that puts you at 250k per year, which is laughable from someone who rides a 100cc and wants to do their A1.

I've change my previous description from trolling autist to absolute shit eating cum bucket troll. Laughing

Literally what is with this forum, I've said nothing to you personally and you throw that abuse! Very disturbing.

I'm a freelancer and I charge minium £550 per day, I'm not on £250k a year because there's not 90 weeks in a year last time I checked, I also take time off to work on personal projects, holidays, admin days etc.

Honestly though, how do you justify your vile response? Why do you feel the need to attack someone like that?

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:06 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S, the best way to deal with a Troll is to just ignore them, it's not worth getting all worked up over.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:09 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
I also take time off to work on personal projects, holidays, admin days etc.

So just treat takinng your test as a personal project, ffs.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:23 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
I'm a freelancer and I charge minium £550 per day, I'm not on £250k a year because there's not 90 weeks in a year last time I checked, I also take time off to work on personal projects, holidays, admin days etc.

Honestly though, how do you justify your vile response? Why do you feel the need to attack someone like that?

Eat a dick Laughing I justify it by knowing that you are clearly a fucking retard.

Clearly there is not 90 weeks, but 250k/2750 a week is 141,000 take home after tax and other shite. If you are self employed, fair, but you should be working now to line that pocket to do your big boy test. Ain't no grown man doing an A1. Quit the BS.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
£10 a minute maybe I would have saved enough, but I think £10 an hour I'd have £10 maximum with most of these replies sent from the comfort of my bed or whilst on the payroll where I'm earning much more than £10 an hour.

It's not just the cost of the lessons, it's the lost earnings in the time to take them. If I took 5 days off to do my A or A2, I'd lose £2,750 in lost earnings, plus the £800 for the training, that's a total cost of £3,550, just to ride my 100cc bike, that's 100% not worth it for me and what I want to get out of my biking.

So you go on about how you're making loads of money and highly educated but then also go on about how you can't afford DAS? Confused

Also your whole thread about changing the engine in your 100cc was to save money apparently. So you loaded or brassic because it seems to change between posts Laughing

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:32 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:
I also take time off to work on personal projects, holidays, admin days etc.

So just treat takinng your test as a personal project, ffs.

I have things that are much higher up in my priority list, I know for you hard core bikers that's hard to understand, but for a guy who just uses his bikes to get from A to B, a means to an end, the costs involved don't warrant the end result. I'm unsure of why nobody in here can just accept that I am of a different mind set to the rest of you and will do things my own way. Instead, all trying to impose your own beliefs on to me and getting frustrated when I say that isn't how I personally want to do things.

Just let me do me, the rest of you can continue to do things your own way and that's just fine, we're not a threat to eachother, we can all exist together even if we do things differently. I'm sure you've all gone over the speed limit and broken other rules/laws before, if I choose to do something, that's on me, there's no need to feel so threatened and lash out (some of you). I personally wouldn't go over the national speed limit, but if someone said they did, I wouldn't feel the need to call them names and get super aggressive towards them (again I'm not referring to everyone so please don't just assume I am and get annoyed at me if you think what I'm saying is unjust, I'm likely not referring to you).

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:39 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
I have things that are much higher up in my priority list

Like breaking the law, absolute moose knuckle. Laughing I come back to this thread with such anticipation to see what comes out of your keyboard next.

Do tell, what job line are you in so I can attempt to avoid a pathological liar and law breaker. Wink

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:40 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:

So you go on about how you're making loads of money and highly educated but then also go on about how you can't afford DAS? Confused

Also your whole thread about changing the engine in your 100cc was to save money apparently. So you loaded or brassic because it seems to change between posts Laughing

I can physically afford to do DAS, I just can't justify the expenditure to myself because it's dead money I'll never see again. I'm a very frugal and conscientious spender. I don't like to piss money away and I like to make wise investments rather than doing things on impulse.

It's a tough world, money and opportunities don't come easy, I respect them and do my best to keep hold of what I have. I'm certainly not a rich person, but rich people are rich because they don't spend their money. I'm methodical and patient with my spending and it allows me to be comfortable whilst also having free time to do things other than working for money.

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:47 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:
I have things that are much higher up in my priority list

Like breaking the law, absolute moose knuckle. Laughing I come back to this thread with such anticipation to see what comes out of your keyboard next.

Do tell, what job line are you in so I can attempt to avoid a pathological liar and law breaker. Wink

Ask my misses, I'm incapable of lieing, due to what someone pointed out earlier, the fact that I'm slightly on the autisic spectrum, I'm unable to really dream up lies, I'm very matter of fact.

I've told no lies, I plan on telling no lies, however if I can slip through the net taking advantage of a grey area, then I'm fine with that. If someone asked me a direct question on my test, I wouldn't be able to lie to their face, it's just not in me, my brain doesn't work like that. I could answer truthfully in a way that might not give away an important detail, but I wouldn't be able to straight up say it's a 125cc or whatever.

I know I said previously it would be my word against theirs, however that was just theoretical and wanted to understand what would happen in that situation. The truth is, in the real world if heavily questiones I would roll over like a puppy and politely take my exit.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:48 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gold.

Would rather commit some form of criminal activity and lie than pay for a proper test.

Should become a politician Laughing

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:51 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
This is gold.

Would rather commit some form of criminal activity and lie than pay for a proper test.

Should become a politician Laughing

Slipping through a grey area wouldn't be committing a crime, what would they charge me on? It's not fraud if you don't say anything.

And I would be paying for a proper test... They're all proper tests

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:59 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are not taking a test with the proper vehicle you dense fucking house brick.

Oh yeah its not fraud if you say nothing, for sure, definitely, the 1 trick the government hates about those pesky fraudsters. Laughing

Admin, delete my account, I can't take this idiocy anymore, I need a way out. Laughing

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:08 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are not taking a test with the proper vehicle you dense fucking house brick.

Oh yeah its not fraud if you say nothing, for sure, definitely, the 1 trick the government hates about those pesky fraudsters. Laughing

Admin, delete my account, I can't take this idiocy anymore, I need a way out. Laughing

Pinky already mentioned that he knew of a school who accidentally put loads of people through on the wrong bike, as far as i know from what he and the other person said, they took back the licenses. There was no mention of them getting charged with any kind of fraud, if there was I would certainly decide not to do it.

If I have to sign a form saying my bike is legit, that would be fraud, but I'm unclear on if that actually happens as nobody has catagorically said that happens. As far as I'm aware, if I just turn up on my bike, do the test and go home, no questions asked, that's not fraud and I'm certainly safe from any punishment. This is all hypothetical anyway, so not sure why you feel the need to get so irate and call me names Paddy, we're all friends here just trying to work out the policies of the test centre

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:12 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
not sure why you feel the need to get so irate and call me names Paddy, we're all friends here just trying to work out the policies of the test centre

Oh I am not irate, I find the whole bullshitting thing hilarious. Its clear bullshit too, not even trying hard to hide it.

But, we are definitely not friends, I don't make friends with A1 licence users, worse than moped riders.

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:17 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:
not sure why you feel the need to get so irate and call me names Paddy, we're all friends here just trying to work out the policies of the test centre

Oh I am not irate, I find the whole bullshitting thing hilarious. Its clear bullshit too, not even trying hard to hide it.

But, we are definitely not friends, I don't make friends with A1 licence users, worse than moped riders.

"Dense fucking house brick" are the words of a frustrated person, not a content one.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:18 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously do not know me Wink

I don't get irate, its a pointless emotion Laughing

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:49 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
You obviously do not know me Wink

I don't get irate, its a pointless emotion Laughing

Your aggressive name calling in previous comments would suggest otherwise. If not irate, certainly frustrated and unhappy in oneself. Why else would you be trolling my thread with irrelevant name calling?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:
rich people are rich because they don't spend their money

The nature of my position and having to go to the square mile a lot and network in the livery companies puts me in the same circles as some very rich people (despite not being rich myself) and I find that rich people are more than happy to spend money, especially on luxuries and frivolous things! Rich people value time over money!

I tend to find the big difference between the rich and the well off is that the rich will do some friendly networking together, decide their respective companies should do a deal and then leave the nitty-gritty and detail to some underlings to thrash out later while they slap each other on the back and open £15,000 bottles of wine. Rich people don't work, they let their money work to make more money by employing other people to do the work.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:40 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:

If I have to sign a form saying my bike is legit, that would be fraud, but I'm unclear on if that actually happens as nobody has catagorically said that happens

You sign a disclaimer stating your bike is legal and fit for purpose.

Yours isn't.

There you have an answer now fuck off before you murder a kitten
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:10 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:

If I have to sign a form saying my bike is legit, that would be fraud, but I'm unclear on if that actually happens as nobody has catagorically said that happens

You sign a disclaimer stating your bike is legal and fit for purpose.

Yours isn't.

There you have an answer now fuck off before you murder a kitten

Lol, deleted your comment about not entertaining this thread anymore so that you could come back for more hahahahaha

Looks like we have an answer though, I'm not prepared to sign anything incriminating so looks like changing the engine or getting a good deal on a 125cc that I can sell on without loss will be my next move. I won't be looking on here though, I'll be sold a lemon for sure!

Thanks for clearing that up Pinky. No need to swear at me but I appreciate coming to a conclusion. Thumbs Up

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:17 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
HondaCityExpress wrote:
rich people are rich because they don't spend their money

The nature of my position and having to go to the square mile a lot and network in the livery companies puts me in the same circles as some very rich people (despite not being rich myself) and I find that rich people are more than happy to spend money, especially on luxuries and frivolous things! Rich people value time over money!

I tend to find the big difference between the rich and the well off is that the rich will do some friendly networking together, decide their respective companies should do a deal and then leave the nitty-gritty and detail to some underlings to thrash out later while they slap each other on the back and open £15,000 bottles of wine. Rich people don't work, they let their money work to make more money by employing other people to do the work.

I totally agree, but at the same time many rich people are rich because they're tight fisted and keep their money to themselves, often the richest man in the room is the guy in the old Tshirt, whereas the guy with the Armani suit is the one who likes to think he's rich but actually has nothing left in the bank after trying to show the world he's rich.

Obviously every person is different and these are all great generalisations, but yeah, what you're saying is definitely true in a lot of cases.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:45 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HondaCityExpress wrote:

Lol, deleted your comment about not entertaining this thread anymore so that you could come back for more hahahahaha

Thumbs Up

Nope, didnt delete anything, dont need to, free world. I can say I wont be back and then come back, its all down to being a member of the forum etc. And you are right, there is no need to swear but I am fucking good at it and again, free world.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:54 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, Pinky I know you think I'm a liar but I've honestly, hand on heart, not heard the "it's a free country" argument since primary school.

I'm going to gracefully walk away now, I have my answer and want to bail before someone tells me their daddy is bigger than mine.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5