Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Have schools g9ne mad?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 08 Sep 2022    Post subject: Have schools g9ne mad? Reply with quote

Earlier this week read about an Irish teacher in prison for not calling someome a made up gender.

Now my step daughter is in detention for the week for not following rules.

Can understand her telling teachers to f off or wht not. (She wouldn't dare).

List of infractions:

Wearing bag on one shouoder not 2,
Tie not correct length,
Phone falling from bag, (wife has it locked during school hours),
Wrong equipment in pencil case.

This a a bloody 11yo on her first week of secondry school.
Wife has told me, that 67 from 300kids have been put in detention, from her yr7 group.

Also 'school rule' since you'll miss the bus, you have too make your own way home.'
So if they decide, my step daughter has to walk 14mile down unlit roads, if am at work with the car.

And it is that night not next week. So if am at work 50mile away, she doesn't get a lift home.

Am I wrong for telling the wife:
If she gets detention, phone me and al pick her up. At school leave time.

Oh and if they are refused detention by parents, it is immediate suspension. So they'll walk her to the gate, ans dump her there. An 11yo lasss, who has never been in trouble, apart from twatting a bully.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:11 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like somebody needs a 'word'.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:32 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it's "home you go" season.

Will you be going to your local paper to tell them that you're fuming at the school and you are discustard that the school would let her miss the bus?

Have you thought about organising a protest outside the school? Have the school even considered the carbon footprint of detentions?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 07:56 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually he was.done for contempt of court.

An injunction was in place because he kept turning up at the school whilst suspended. He continued to do it and breached the injunction.

He did not get imprisoned for miss gendering someone.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:08 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he'd used the correct pronouns for the trans child then he wouldn't be in prison.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:45 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol change school.

1 strap is bad for your back and shoulder, but thats neither here nor there, silly rule.

Tie length is stipulated most likely, but again, silly.

Phone falling from bag, of course it was, definitely wasn't "using it"

Pencil case stuff is trivial...

I would have a polite word, but is it a generic secondary school or an all girls crazy rules shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:47 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your post, and I thought it sounded harsh. I closed the window and then thought...

Hang on...

Are you *sure* those are the infractions? Because I know if it were me in year 7 and I went home to tell my parents how I got an after school DT I sure as hell am not going to tell them the whole unbiased unvarnished truth...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: Have schools g9ne mad? Reply with quote

SpiritMr89 wrote:

List of infractions:

Tie not correct length,

..apart from twatting a bully.

Tough love.

Only one side of the story.

First week - I'd suck it up - it it become routine you may grounds for grievance.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:04 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Actually he was.done for contempt of court.

An injunction was in place because he kept turning up at the school whilst suspended. He continued to do it and breached the injunction.

He did not get imprisoned for miss gendering someone.

I'm sure there's a lot going on with this story that we're not being told Thinking

If I'd got suspended from work for e.g. calling one of the beancounters a useless c*nt ("you can't say that... yet... as they haven't fully transitioned!" etc.) you wouldn't need an injunction to make me stay at home Smile This smells of some political in-fighting.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:39 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot going on...

"A teacher who refused to use gender-neutral pronouns for a transgender student was jailed in Ireland for contempt of court.

Enoch Burke, an evangelical Christian, was put on paid suspension by Wilson’s Hospital School in Co Westmeath for refusing to call the pupil “they”.

He was later jailed for breaking a court order not to go to or try to teach at the Church of Ireland School.

"I love my school, with its motto Res Non Verba, actions not words, but I am here today because I said I would not call a boy a girl," he told the judge before his jailing.

The court heard on Monday that Burke had refused to stay away from the school on paid leave during the disciplinary process. Instead, he would sit in an empty classroom and declare he was there to work.

The judge told the History and German teacher he must stay in prison until he agrees to comply with the terms of the injunction, which would purge his contempt of court.

Burke said: “Transgenderism is against my Christian belief. It is contrary to the scriptures, contrary to the ethos of the Church of Ireland and of my school.

“It is insanity that I will be led from this courtroom to a place of incarceration, but I will not give up my Christian beliefs."

Lawyers for the Church of Ireland school said it was forced with “a heavy heart” to take action leading to Mr Burke’s jailing after he broke the court order it secured last week.

Earlier Burke, who represented himself, had told the court he would return to the school, despite being arrested there on Monday.

Judge Michael Quinn said he was only ruling on whether there had been a wilful breach of the court order, which is meant to prevent disruption at the school at the start of the new term, rather than on Burke’s beliefs.

"I am a teacher and I don't want to go to prison. I want to be in my classroom today, that's where I was this morning when I was arrested," Burke said in his defence.

He said it was “extraordinary and reprehensible” that his religious beliefs could lead to his suspension by the school.

He added: “Transgenderism is against my Christian belief. It is contrary to the scriptures, contrary to the ethos of the Church of Ireland and of my school.

“My religious beliefs are not misconduct. They are not gross misconduct. They never will be. They are dear to me. I will never deny them and never betray them, and I will never bow to an order that would require me to do so. It is just not possible for me to do that,” he told the court.

The school has said it is abiding by Ireland’s 2000 Equal Status Act by not discriminating against any student and was focused on the welfare of its pupils.

Burke will be back in court on Wednesday, when the injunction is to be reviewed."

sauce: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/09/06/teacher-jailed-row-use-pronouns-transgender-pupil/

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 09 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning up as "available for work" sounds like some obscure point of law a lawyer or shop steward might tout, seems a strange fit here.

Given it's a CoI school it wouldn't be unusual to have a few devout teachers. Going down the whole "gross misconduct" route therefore looks a little heavy-handed. Resorting to taking out an injunction implies a complete breakdown in trust and communication between teacher and management. All the rest, as they say, writes itself Rolling Eyes

But why speculate? It pains me to say this but the only actual journalism I've found around this story comes from the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11188359/Teacher-jailed-refusing-use-students-gender-neutral-pronoun-returns-court-today.html

Further into the article they dig into who this teacher is and you start to get a handle on his motivations. Why the school management thought an injunction was the correct route - aiding and abetting the manufacture of a martyr - rather than just firing the guy?

Silent in all this is what the pupils and parents think.

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:00 - 10 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: Have schools g9ne mad? Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
SpiritMr89 wrote:

List of infractions:

Tie not correct length,

..apart from twatting a bully.

Tough love.

Only one side of the story.

First week - I'd suck it up - it it become routine you may grounds for grievance.

There are 3 schools in this town.

Grammar,
Lower,
Upper,

They used to all be seperste until the idiot who was head at the internment camp a went too, decided to take over the whole local town. Then decided to take over the next town.

Too be 100% honest sd does my head in by being so good. Wish she'd actually cause some trouble.
Barring her size (she plays rugby, taller and goes to gym with wife). She is the sort of lass to be bullied for being a snitch, then she'd kick their heads in.

Before a was with the wife, an ex's daughter, asked if a knew any of the teachers.
Sure we all remember the dickhead ones from school. They shipped the lot there.

Moment she mentioned my name. She was in shit everyday.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 10 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: Have schools g9ne mad? Reply with quote

SpiritMr89 wrote:

That was me every day through school. It's not good for the spine, but as a behaviour issue, this is a completely specious complaint.

Quote:
Tie not correct length,

Fair point IMO. Not serious though.

Quote:

Ask your daughter about this. What phone? Was she lent another phone? Does she have a secondary phone?

Quote:

Nope - stupid reason.

First week of secondary school...

None of this seems right. In the bad old days, if teachers didn't like someone they would say they had a bad attitude, and would have a staffroom council of war. Nowadays it's checklists and computerised logs of behaviour incidents.

I think it's reasonable that if a kid misses the school bus, they should be allowed to hang around on the premises under supervision. Even if it's sitting in the caretaker's or admin's room or something. A 14-mile walk home in the dark is beyond hardcore - it's not even something we would have contemplated on a bicycle in the 80s. A responsible adult will definitely be around after school hours. Why aren't they helping?

It sounds like they don't like her. Twatting a bully is entirely reasonable for child or adult. However, it's also something that can affect a school's Ofsted rating if it's recorded (i.e. it shows that bullying and incidents of violence can happen at that school). This sounds like it could be a redirection of blame, and the local paper might take an interest in the story. From your description, she should not have been suspended.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 10 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
evangelical Christian

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKmYuUs2YMbGyIqTVuKZavYFZ8uss6AAj3jcrOAjIGPtlZhnqqSJ0An5fWf-DwRvwOKVs&usqp=CAU

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 10 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: Have schools g9ne mad? Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
SpiritMr89 wrote:

That was me every day through school. It's not good for the spine, but as a behaviour issue, this is a completely specious complaint.

Quote:
Tie not correct length,

Fair point IMO. Not serious though.

Quote:

Ask your daughter about this. What phone? Was she lent another phone? Does she have a secondary phone?

Quote:

Nope - stupid reason.

First week of secondary school...

None of this seems right. In the bad old days, if teachers didn't like someone they would say they had a bad attitude, and would have a staffroom council of war. Nowadays it's checklists and computerised logs of behaviour incidents.

I think it's reasonable that if a kid misses the school bus, they should be allowed to hang around on the premises under supervision. Even if it's sitting in the caretaker's or admin's room or something. A 14-mile walk home in the dark is beyond hardcore - it's not even something we would have contemplated on a bicycle in the 80s. A responsible adult will definitely be around after school hours. Why aren't they helping?

It sounds like they don't like her. Twatting a bully is entirely reasonable for child or adult. However, it's also something that can affect a school's Ofsted rating if it's recorded (i.e. it shows that bullying and incidents of violence can happen at that school). This sounds like it could be a redirection of blame, and the local paper might take an interest in the story. From your description, she should not have been suspended.

Seriously it is rediculous.

Wife showwed me a fb thread, from a few days ago.

People are pulling kids from the place left right and center.

There is no more letters home or phone calls.
They just send a text:

Name forgot his rubber, has 1hr detention tonight.

Because they are handing them out like nothing. Can see parents getting bored of it, and collecting kids.

Not looked it up yet, but they reccon by LAW they can 'LEGALLY DETAIN' and student for an hour after school.
Sounds like bullshit to be.
I have every right to legally subdue anyone who is trying to kidnap my kids!!!

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 10 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the phone and stuff.

They are reallly good kids.

The wife has that lock app, so from say 0845, it is locked until 1515, so they can't use it at all. Apart from emergency 999 or the wife.

The boys mate got an hour tonight, for dropping his metal ruler (dads engineer), said to the boy, al give him my 2ft that'll be a laugh.

Fair point made in the fb thread the misus showwed me, someone sa8d:

'Prisoners have more freedom than the kids do.'

But the idiot incharge Hamster (complete nobhead), knows that by taking over both the towns 'normal' schools and leaving the grammer, then 99% of the kids won't beable to transfere out. So are stuck there.

Can't even begin to explain how it was 16yrs ago.
The teachers made up rules on the spot, then changed them when challenged or just flat out walked kids to the gates and told them theybwere suspended.

We are talking a Northern Lincolnshire school not some inner city shit tip, with kids stabbing each other.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:13 - 11 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this topic to my wife and apparently it's always the first week back at school: kids in "isolation" for having the wrong skirt material, kids having shoes confiscated for not being 100% the correct style... it's as if these transgressions, if witnessed by other pupils, would corrupt young minds!

Some political commentator (I forget whom) mentioned state education is based on the "Prussian System." Not that I can comment on the merit of the criticism but one can certainly see schools treat kids more like untrained troops than uneducated minds. I guess the alternative is Montessori schools Thinking

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:09 - 11 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiritMr89 wrote:
We are talking a Northern Lincolnshire school not some inner city shit tip, with kids stabbing each other.

I look after quite a few schools but none North Lincolnshire, we have some southern Lincolnshire ones, they seem remarkably decent too Laughing

I'd either move my child if the schools policies were that strict or report them to the DfE daily if that's something you aren't able to realistically do.

Ofsted and DfE take abuse of power seriously and have removed many many headteachers.

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 11 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Paddy al ask the wife for screen shots of the fb post.

But didn't know you could complain.
This is LN territory.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 13 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 year old me would probably have got expelled in a week, sounds horrendous.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 13 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I mentioned this topic to my wife and apparently it's always the first week back at school: kids in "isolation" for having the wrong skirt material, kids having shoes confiscated for not being 100% the correct style... it's as if these transgressions, if witnessed by other pupils, would corrupt young minds!

That's how I remember it, they were always really strict at the start of the school year, and would probably be especially so with Year 7's. As the year goes on not so much.

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:45 - 18 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

New stupidity.

The boy got an hour detention past week:

Reason:
Equipment

Actual reason:
Wife was working so was I, didn't have time to sign planner/diary.

Wife phoned up fuming.
'So when we move to *place you are expecting *name, to walk 14mile home!!!, you can f*** right off. Tell you what, it was my mistake, for BEING AT WORK' I'll come into the school and you can spank me. I like a spanking, so you better make it hard and proper' (Needless to say there is a reason a love and married her).

And she carried on.

'Unless *name, tells a teacher to 'fuck off' or 'twats a little bastard. There will be no more of this nonsense. Are we clear?'

She is 5'2 and full of fury.proper gym rat, she can pick me up (14st] acr9ss her shoulders and do zquats then lifts. She wears the trousers in this relationship. Very Happy

Blah blah
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:37 - 19 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So looking at this the other way and just for the sake of an argument, in the first week 223 kids weren't put into detention because they got it right? And somehow it's the school's fault that others didn't follow the rules so they got punished?

Presumably you are aware there's been quite a lot recently about 'strict' head teachers stopping the little stuff (the broken window argument) and the good effect that it has on the kid's education and it seems like they're trying it here.

And signing a planner takes what, 10 seconds and you didn't have time for that? Will you or your kid forget to sign it again? Or make sure that their phone can't fall out and get damaged? Or that they have the right stuff in their pencil case so they don't disturb others asking to borrow something? Dare I say "probably not"?

Or you could go all 'Daily Mail sad face", keep arguing and see where that gets you.

And if I tried to do my job without the correct equipment and relevant bits of paper signed and dated, I wouldn't be able to do it either (but I can understand your frustration)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:51 - 19 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiritMr89 wrote:

Reason:
Equipment

Actual reason:

How long does it take to sign the planner/diary?

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 03:13 - 20 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
SpiritMr89 wrote:

Reason:
Equipment

Actual reason:

How long does it take to sign the planner/diary?

When i'm on weekends, al be up at 0330, and back for 2200,
The wife gets up at 0530 and is back for 2100.

Kids are with grand parents and stuff.
We bearly even talk, just grunt at each other, scavenge food and go to bed ready for the next day.

It's a killer, so remembring to book, whilst trying not to fall face first into a frying pan, is never going to happen.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 217 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2