Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Tory-bashing thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: The Tory-bashing thread Reply with quote

Here ya go, let rip here all you like. Just so you don't have an excuse to pollute all the other threads.
You're welcome Thumbs Up

Nobby, STAY HERE! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good old Rosie Holt for pm.

https://twitter.com/rosieisaholt/status/1573353483566288896

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:25 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: The Tory-bashing thread Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Here ya go, let rip here all you like. Just so you don't have an excuse to pollute all the other threads.
You're welcome Thumbs Up

I for one have no interest in taking the bait.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:31 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: The Tory-bashing thread Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
You're welcome Thumbs Up

I for one have no interest in taking the bait.

Give it time... Laughing

No traps set here, but it comes up so often in other threads, I thought you might appreciate a dedicated thread for your favourite topic Smile
I'm sure others would appreciate it if it could all be kept here too. Probably would have one or two things to say myself over time. Like, Kwasi Kwarteng: that's what you get for the diversity hire Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: The Tory-bashing thread Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Give it time... Laughing

No traps set here, but it comes up so often in other threads, I thought you might appreciate a dedicated thread for your favourite topic Smile
I'm sure others would appreciate it if it could all be kept here too. Probably would have one or two things to say myself over time. Like, Kwasi Kwarteng: that's what you get for the diversity hire Laughing

Wiggling the fishing rod doesn't really work.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:34 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: The Tory-bashing thread Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
No traps set here

Thinking

A woman spent three days in hospital - after her daughter's dog accidently did a poo on her face while she was asleep. Amanda Gommo, 51, was taking an afternoon nap with chihuahua Belle when the pooch became ill and had violent diarrhoea.

The mum-of-three was asleep with her mouth open, top and tailing with Belle, when the messy accident occurred, and some got in her mouth. She ran to the bathroom to be sick but later ended up in hospital with a gastrointestinal infection - passed on from the pet.

Amanda, from Bristol, said: "I was having my afternoon nap with Belle, like I always do, when I suddenly felt something squirt in my mouth. I rushed to the bathroom and my son was in the shower, so before I washed it out I had time to take a quick snap!

"It was disgusting, and I was hurling violently for hours after. I just couldn't get the taste out of my mouth."

https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/real-life/article7626770.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/0_a-woman-spent-t-890614.jpg

Rain

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that where verbal diarrhea comes from?

Edite to add she could have washed her face before taking a picture. Sick

Last edited by Polarbear on 18:46 - 29 Sep 2022; edited 1 time in total

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who's smarter. Truss or Abbott.

I couldn't believe it when I found myself agreeing with this overpromoted mong, for the first time ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3YgpZhgrDE

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone who khows a damn sight more about economics must have advised her this was a good idea or she thought she was laying the base for a snap election?

Has she totally fcuked up? It certainly looks like it and she doesn't look like she's going to back down.

Tax cuts are right plan for economy, says Liz Truss

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63072194

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every move they make is criticised, it’s boring. We need to give it time and see if it works. The financial markets are a big, dumb animal either afraid of change or hungry for easy money regardless of how it affects the country.

I still can’t see Labour getting into power, they’re too unconvincing. The lack of an effective opposition (that role has been handed to the media) saddens me.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Every move they make is criticised...

The basis of a Labour manifesto....

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:28 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people who are earning close to the £150k necessary to be in scope of the tax reduction think it's a bad idea and it will fuck the country then it's a fucking stupid idea.

And yes I do know some people like that. I was in a meeting today with one who actually said that.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Every move they make is criticised...

The basis of a Labour manifesto....

True. A Labour manifesto (if they’d commit to such a thing) would be ‘we’ll do the opposite of whatever it is they’ve said,’ and ‘that thing that you wanted, whatever it was, we’ll promise that.’ Also ‘fully funded and costed’ can still mean ‘borrowed.’ It’s all desperately sad.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Edite to add she could have washed her face before taking a picture. Sick

That's what gets me, her first thought was to grab her phone and take a picture, not wipe the dogshit out of her mouth.
There's no helping some people.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Has she totally fcuked up? It certainly looks like it and she doesn't look like she's going to back down.

The pound has stabilised and risen again. How much of the panic is just that, panic in the money markets? We do seem to have bred generations of people who panic at the slightest thing. Even a nasty word sends them into paroxysms of rage and/or floods of tears. And then there are those with their own agendas, and an independent conservative nation isn't part of them.

Needs more time.
My biggest worry is that Truss too will be forced into the pockets of the globalists.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:39 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tories hate the labour manifesto until they steal bits themselves and try and sell it as their idea and vice versa.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:41 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same people panicing as given the freedom to have unlimited bonuses in the same budget. Which says a lot.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The tories hate the labour manifesto until they steal bits themselves and try and sell it as their idea and vice versa.

So this budget was stolen from Labour? Well, that changes my thinking! Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The tories hate the labour manifesto.

There is no Labour Manifesto, deliberately. No one knows what Labour stand for these days, and that’s how Labour like it. It means they can criticise everything and always say they’d have taken a different approach. Starmer is known as Captain Hindsight but you can’t lead a country that way, you need to make decisions in the moment. Labour won’t.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's the same people panicing as given the freedom to have unlimited bonuses in the same budget. Which says a lot.

Panic is the 'in' state for folks these days, they love a good rage and/or cry.
I'm still on the fence. The pound is already rising again. Let's see what happens.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:58 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pound is recovering. Not rising. Still lower than the 22nd sept.

Rising is going up in value in general. Recovering is achieving the value it had a week ago.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The pound is recovering. Not rising. Still lower than the 22nd sept.

Rising is going up in value in general. Recovering is achieving the value it had a week ago.

Uwotm8? Is one going in a different direction to the other? Confused

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:14 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise math is difficult is difficult for you but I'll try and make it easy for you.

On 22nd Sept you could buy 1.13 dollars for 1 pound sterling
Today you can buy 1.11 dollars for the same 1 pound sterling.

1.11 is less than 1.13.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I realise math is difficult is difficult for you but I'll try and make it easy for you.

On 22nd Sept you could buy 1.13 dollars for 1 pound sterling
Today you can buy 1.11 dollars for the same 1 pound sterling.

1.11 is less than 1.13.

I realise English is difficult for you, but I'll try to make it easy for you.

The pound went down in the immediate aftermath of the budget, but it has now risen again - not yet to where it was, but it has risen from where it went down to. That is, going up. Going up means it is not going down, nor is it static. Has it now stopped going up?

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Maths not Math.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3