Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 29 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 06 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Forget politics for a moment let's deal in absolute truth.

Since WWII everybody was getting richer. The rich, the middle classes, the poor (ironically) - everyone. The greatest quality of life increase in world history in the shortest time. Until the '80s when the divergence started.

Back then the rich just got richer a bit faster than everyone else. The first crash in the '80s everyone got poorer. The second crash in the '90s everyone fucked except the rich, same with the 2008 crash. But the last decade? Phew! Things have accelerated: the richer are getting sooo much richer at the explicit expensive of everyone else.

"Yeah it's all the fault of..."

https://cdn2.mhpbooks.com/2014/07/shush.jpg

Don't care. That's opinion and this is tangible. "Then how do we fix it?" Don't know. I don't need to know the workings of a record player to tell you it's broken. I do know a bit of chemistry though and I can tell you runaway processes never end well Shocked

A good start would be if the genuinely politically conservative kicked the neo-libs out of the Tory party. Maybe Truss and Kwarting inadvertantly drawing the veil aside and revealing the reptiles will make the genuine constituency MPs realise what a bunch of treasonous b'stards their party has become host to.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 06 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget the other side. Watching this year's Labour conference they're still mad as a box of frogs Sad I can handle some crusty old trade union boss coming out with "comrades!" but not some pimply youth with a private education who's never done a stripe of work in his/her/they/zes life. "To quote Che Guevara..." no, please don't.

Get back to improving the lives of ordinary people, not just a select few, and Labour would be useful again.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 06 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
And don't forget the other side. Watching this year's Labour conference they're still mad as a box of frogs Sad I can handle some crusty old trade union boss coming out with "comrades!" but not some pimply youth with a private education who's never done a stripe of work in his/her/they/zes life. "To quote Che Guevara..." no, please don't.

Get back to improving the lives of ordinary people, not just a select few, and Labour would be useful again.

The super cynic would see all politicians as crazed self seeking dilettante grifters but i would take a party of politicians over a party infected by corporate fifth columnists any day.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random YouTube video from Austria:

GAME OVER for EUROPE - People resort to desperate measures!

tl;dr security tags on butter (started to happen here) rampant inflation, people stealing wood from forests to heat their homes, suspected sabotage at an oil refinery (but in reality very conveniently timed incompetence in the maintenance cycle) flat wages, maybe no gas this winter, strained electricity supply, etc. So any problems we have in the UK are not solely down to our incompetent politicians it's a wider phenomenon across the world.

A Covid hangover exasperated by all those Vodka and Renewable Energy chasers we downed last night with Putin's war the equivalent to the workmen next door starting their drilling at 8am on a Sunday morning Mad

Where is the economic bacon sarnie of hope?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Re: Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely? Reply with quote

Val wrote:
I blame Brexit.

That's a shock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Re: Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely? Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Brace yourself for the new double figure inflation and mortgage rates.

Is a major problem now because in the early 2000's house prices skyrocketed when Blair/Mandleson were busting a gut trying to fill the country with Val's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Random YouTube video from Austria:

GAME OVER for EUROPE - People resort to desperate measures!

tl;dr security tags on butter (started to happen here) rampant inflation, people stealing wood from forests to heat their homes, suspected sabotage at an oil refinery (but in reality very conveniently timed incompetence in the maintenance cycle) flat wages, maybe no gas this winter, strained electricity supply, etc. So any problems we have in the UK are not solely down to our incompetent politicians it's a wider phenomenon across the world.

A Covid hangover exasperated by all those Vodka and Renewable Energy chasers we downed last night with Putin's war the equivalent to the workmen next door starting their drilling at 8am on a Sunday morning Mad

Where is the economic bacon sarnie of hope?

We don’t hear much about the ROW’s similar struggles, instead we’re supposed to believe that Britain is hateful, incompetent, right-wing, finished. All wrong of course, and I really don’t know why this happens but Orwell had it right.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Re: Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely? Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Val wrote:
Brace yourself for the new double figure inflation and mortgage rates.

Is a major problem now because in the early 2000's house prices skyrocketed when Blair/Mandleson were busting a gut trying to fill the country with Val's

Very Happy
I might make, “I blame Val” my go-to response to everything.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Liz Truss pledged not to make any public spending cuts

What!? How’s that going to work?
Quote:
but would "make sure we spend public money well" to reduce debt

Thinking Doh!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the authorities had considerable success in recent years encouraging the segment of benefits claimants who actually could do some work, back into work. However, the Covid lockdowns gave them a perfect excuse not to go back. Hence the government are reluctant to raise benefits when private-sector workers are having to suck it up and accept below-inflation pay rises. This is seen as unkind, and indeed it might be so, but what to do? The shirkers harm the genuine claimants.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:54 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats bollocks. We are back into the Thatcherite years of 'a large population of unemployed drives down wages'.

Deny that isn't a Thatcherite principle.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
, instead we’re supposed to believe that Britain is hateful, incompetent, right-wing, finished. All wrong of course, and I really don’t know why this happens but Orwell had it right.

No we're not. Chill out.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Thats bollocks. We are back into the Thatcherite years of 'a large population of unemployed drives down wages'.

Deny that isn't a Thatcherite principle.

We're way beyond the Thatcherite situation. Her era was just a stepping stone towards the sweatshop economy. Low unemployment doesn't mean the country is doing well unless its a contribution to generalized affluence, a sweatshop economy however can also have low unemployment rate but generalized poverty.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of reasons we are in the shit nowadays.

Too many people with no qualifications (or even education) chasing the jobs that don't need much intelligence. It keeps the wages on the minimum wage level.

People with degrees in shite subjects that don't do anyone any good and wonder why they are serving at McDonalds.

Easy ways to get round minimum wages and other benefits by taking people as self employed.

Gig economy. (whatever that is but it's bound to be bad)

And basically too many people in the country but still we let in 200,000 a year legally and now 35000 illegally. Most of which will never leave. How many houses a year do we have to build just for those to live in.

Oh yes, lets not forget our manufacturing industry was helped into demise by strike after strike after strike by the unions in the 70's and 80's. Christ, when I was growing up it seemed like a strike happened every dayevery day.

Theres not just one thing that's brought us to where we are now but the one thing I'm sure about, it's going to get worse. A lot worse.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:15 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My analysis of the broader fiscal situation after listening to several experts on Radio 4 is that the people managing pension funds have hung their coat on a shoogly peg and are now shitting themselves.

If I understand it correctly they have a fuckton of money in the pension fund. They used this a collateral to borrow more money then invested the whole lot (the fund and the borrowed money), much of it in government bonds. Then the interest rate changed and they aren't getting back enough to cover the cost and need to sell some bonds to service their debt, but by selling them they cause the price to drop. The more bonds they sell, the less they are likely to get for them.

So they borrowed money against the pension fund to gamble on stocks and shares and now it's biting them on the arse. Except they call it "leverage" instead of gambling. This is apparently all the governments fault.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:04 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Oh yes, lets not forget our manufacturing industry was helped into demise by strike after strike after strike by the unions in the 70's and 80's. Christ, when I was growing up it seemed like a strike happened every dayevery day.

Theres not just one thing that's brought us to where we are now but the one thing I'm sure about, it's going to get worse. A lot worse.

It was the Heath government which started the process of moving our economy from manufacturing to services by the policy of monetisation, that's why workers were going on strike. It was one of the early moves in the neo-liberal takeover of politics.

Yes it is going to get worse, gig economy=sweatshop economy.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:04 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Just a reminder that labour had been in power for 11 years by the 2008 banking collapse.

That wasn't labour, it was just a red painted Tory party. Blair was more tory than the majority of tories.

Did see something funny on the news this morning though, as Truss was getting into a Range Rover someone shouted "have you finished wrecking the economy?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:04 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pinkyfloyd"]
stinkwheel wrote:

Did see something funny on the news this morning though, as Truss was getting into a Range Rover someone shouted "have you finished wrecking the economy?"

Was that His Maj' King Chuck?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where we are now started with allowing women into jobs (socially inevitable after WW2 as they'd all been busy in the munitions factories) which evolved into "women can do the same jobs as men!" (they can't but it's only a small lie) then on to "women should go out to work" and finally we're at "women have no choice but to work to keep the household income up."

So through some social manipulation by supposedly well meaning liberals we've doubled the workforce! There isn't any more money as such so everyone's wages have effectively gone down, combined household income roughly staying the same. The net loser in all of this is the kids but as they can neither vote nor work they're not important Sad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:14 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs bastard hasn't worked for about 18 years.....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

That's a choice you're in a position to make Nobby and if that's what you both want, great.

In other cases we seem to have pretty well two camps. The 'I've got to work because hubby doesn't make enough money' and the 'I'm going to work because I'm a woman, I AM EMPOWERED! Laughing

Then you get wifie who wants a new paddleboard (she already has 2) and I won't buy it for her so she has to work to get it. She shouldn't have got stroppy when I wanted my 3rd motorbike. Whistle

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

The exception dictates the rule Sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Traumatised I should imagine Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Try posting in ‘Workshop.’
Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My wife doesn't work!" Did you read the instructions? Have you tried turning her off and on again? Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10