Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 29 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:35 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
unelected

Is that because we don't elect Prime Ministers in the UK?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently not, anymore!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:38 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

When have we elected a Prime Minister?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

An unelected, puppet, PM bought off by hedge fund managers and Russian money, with crackpot "think tanks" dictating policy. The ruling party is mired in corruption, scandal and sleaze.

More likely Chinese money.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:50 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

I am suprised you are suprised Laughing

Its clear that after Brexit the sky is the limit as to whom can hold the #1 job in the UK.

Clearly there are no other requirements or expertise needed except to be faithful to the Brexit cult.

Hunt is a remainer.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

You could be right.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10344359/Jeremy-Hunts-wife-presents-Chinas-state-run-TV-whitewashes-Communist-Partys-abuse.html

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

You should do some research into Ehud Sheleg the £4.25M he donated to the party and his relationship with Truss appointee Brandon Lewis. A matter that has been reported to the National Crime Agency!

But hey, what do I know?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:12 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
But hey, what do I know?

Do you know when have we elected a Prime Minister?

By "reported to the National Crime Agency", do you mean that it was flagged up by a bank?

And the donation being referred to and discussed was £450,000 and not £4.5 million.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

You should do some research into Ehud Sheleg the £4.25M he donated to the party and his relationship with Truss appointee Brandon Lewis. A matter that has been reported to the National Crime Agency!

But hey, what do I know?

Likely small beans compared to various links with Chinese money. Get caught with Russian money, and you might have problems. Get caught with Chinese money and all is good, it's only the CCP, quite harmless!

So many people in the West are tied up in Chinese money, it has to be accepted, cos what is anyone to do about it all without practically collapsing entire economies? So we turn a blind eye to all their atrocities and nefarious activities, except once in a while a mild admonishment in a very small voice, just so you can say you did.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:22 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Apparently not, anymore!

UK never has had elected prime ministers. The Prime Minister is the person invited by the monarch to form a government. It's usually the leader of the party in the house of commons which had most votes at the last election.

I'm not even certain they HAVE to be an elected member of the house of commons. Although to do differently would be a huge departure from custom and practice.

Like when Gordon Brown wasn't elected to be prime minister. There wasn't even a leadership contest within the labour party then as I recall, he just moved next door when Blair moved out.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there cabinet ministers drawn from the House of Lords?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:48 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Are there cabinet ministers drawn from the House of Lords?

There have been in the past.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, here we go:

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn05226/

Quote:
In theory a Government minister does not have to be a member of either House of Parliament. In practice, however, convention is that ministers must be members of either the House of Commons or House of Lords in order to be accountable to Parliament.

From time to time, Prime Ministers appoint non-parliamentarians as ministers. In recent years such ministers have been appointed to the House of Lords.

In practice you just get in anyone you like and raise them to the House of Lords. I suppose the accountability bit makes sense as any MP/Lord can quiz them in the big room with the benches whereas non-Parliamentarians could only be grilled via committee. All this to get round the archaic structures of government.

Appoint a load of bobble-heads who know nothing about the job that are worked remotely by faceless and unaccountable advisers. What could go wrong? Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:51 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important thing with high political office is if you can answer these three questions:

1) How did you get that job?

2) How could I get that job?

3) How can you be removed from that job?

I think we could answer all of those questions about any UK prime minister in recent history.

Now let's consider the president of the European Commission...

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if we're going to be subjected to some post sacking cringe worthy tv interview with Truss tearfully whittering on about how much she loves the country and was just trying to do the best for, sniffle, the wonderful British people. Sick ?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
The important thing with high political office is if you can answer these three questions:

1) How did you get that job?

2) How could I get that job?

3) How can you be removed from that job?

I think we could answer all of those questions about any UK prime minister in recent history.

Now let's consider the president of the European Commission...

You are Tony Benn AICMFP!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:25 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the lettuace wins.

Absolute farce or parliamentary democracy in action?

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:22 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguing over who gets to be PM is trivial when the the hidden hand of Biden strikes again. Shhh!

Quote:
Joe Biden has called Liz Truss’s abandoned economic plan that sent financial markets into chaos and caused a sharp drop in the value of the pound a “mistake” as criticism of her approach continued.

The US president hinted that other world leaders felt the same way about her disastrous mini-budget, saying he “wasn’t the only one” who had concerns over the lack of “sound policy” in other countries.

Quote:
Biden says US and UK still ‘strong Allies and enduring friends’ as he responds to Liz Truss resignation

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think parliamentary democracy was designed to exist in a globalist world.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris will get back in and the unelected thing goes back in the bottle
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter who is next, as long as they get with the program. They will just be a figurehead for it, with no real power for decision-making themselves, maybe some fiddling at the edges.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:23 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe what we need is an idiot who is smart enough to know they are an idiot and surround themselves with people who know what they're doing. So rather than making policy, they have situations and options explained to them and pick one.

Not entirely unlike Boris to be fair. He just inherited some serious self serving fuckwits who'd got themselves comfortably ensconsed then manipulated him to their own ends (Looking at you Dominic).

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Val wrote:

I am suprised you are suprised Laughing

Its clear that after Brexit the sky is the limit as to whom can hold the #1 job in the UK.

Clearly there are no other requirements or expertise needed except to be faithful to the Brexit cult.

Hunt is a remainer.

Was a remainer. Like Liz. Only way anybody can be part of the UK government is to support the Brexit cult.

Hunt 's said in his speech he will make “terrific success” of Brexit Laughing Laughing Laughing

The only way Conservatives party can resolve the problem they have created with the Brexit cult is to lose the elections with a landslide like Corbyn.

Then new generation conservatives who actually can handle the reality and the relations with the EU like Tobias Ellwood to take over and de-brexit the party from the ERG cult and all the UKIP members that have joined the tories.

Until then it does not really matter who is PM. Because the existing majority of the Conservative party members will always select Brexit cult follower for PM.

Conservatives need deukipifation.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:52 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realise that Brexit is now done. It doesn't matter whether they were remainers or brexiters, they have to deal with the reality that we are now out of the EU. There is no going back without a new application to the EU.

Please shut the fuck up about it now, it's really starting to piss me off because we have to deal with the situation as is and I was one of the people who wantes us to stay in the EU.

the constant 'I told you so' is becoming so boring. Please try and do something constructive instead.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 20:54 - 20 Oct 2022; edited 1 time in total

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
surround themselves with people who know what they're doing.

In Parliament? Good luck with that. MPs seem like a low-rent bunch these days.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10