Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Have Liz and Kwazi lost it completely?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 29 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be tempted to vote Lib Dem* at this point regardless of the fact they're the most arrogant and dishonest politicians in politics.

Just out of spite.

*Safe Tory seat, Labour stand zero chance round my way.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the important stuff, it doesn't matter what party you vote for. You can't vote to change the establishment.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:34 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EU and it's wants, needs and foibles is at the very bottom of a large pile of issues.

Pretty much to the point of being irrelevant at this point in time.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
The EU and it's wants, needs and foibles is at the very bottom of a large pile of issues.

Pretty much to the point of being irrelevant at this point in time.

Not to the establishment it isn't.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I'd be tempted to vote Lib Dem* at this point regardless of the fact they're the most arrogant and dishonest politicians in politics.

Just out of spite.

I hang my head in shame.

Last local elections here in Scotland I voted Tory as I believed the tories had a better game plan than the Labour edjits.

I voted tory for one reason.
To thwart any chance of a seat going to another SNP Nazi.

It was a vote in vain as the SNP candidate took the seat. Crying or Very sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no idea whether to vote or not. There is absolutly no party that I want to be in power. Sad state of affairs.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I honestly have no idea whether to vote or not. There is absolutly no party that I want to be in power. Sad state of affairs.

That's it people I have decided and I am putting my CV for the #1 job in the UK.

I heard there is No.10 vacancy. What can go wrong? Thinking

The only problem I may be overqualified I am not a lettuce?

Tofu: 1; Braverman 0.
Lettuce 1; Truss 0.

https://i.imgur.com/UnRorIP.png

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Just out of spite.

I hang my head in shame.

Last local elections here in Scotland I voted Tory as I believed the tories had a better game plan than the Labour edjits.

I voted tory for one reason.
To thwart any chance of a seat going to another SNP Nazi.

It was a vote in vain as the SNP candidate took the seat. Crying or Very sad

I have to say I have some friends in Scotland and you are the first one that really wants to be subordinate to Westminster. Laughing
Quote:

Lord Frost said Wales and Scotland are not nations writing in the Telegraph, he said that the devolved governments were “subordinate” to Westminster

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
surround themselves with people who know what they're doing.

In Parliament? Good luck with that. MPs seem like a low-rent bunch these days.

The problem with the opposition to the Tories being so split amongst several parties is they don't have to work at developing any talent in order to stay in power. Politics and government is really just a game for Tory MPs.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
MPs seem like a low-rent bunch these days.

The problem with the opposition to the Tories being so split amongst several parties is they don't have to work at developing any talent in order to stay in power. Politics and government is really just a game for Tory MPs.

Whereas Labour is chock full of statesmen?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:10 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I think it has a much better front bench than the Tories for sure. It has its problems but I do believe its MPs are more genuinely interested in the country. Whether you agree with their policies is not the issue.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:41 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Whether you agree with their policies is not the issue.

I wasn’t referring to policies, it’s competency I question. The (in)ability to get things done.

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I think it has a much better front bench than the Tories for sure.

Um…. Ok.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I think it has a much better front bench than the Tories for sure. It has its problems but I do believe its MPs are more genuinely interested in the country. Whether you agree with their policies is not the issue.

My real problem with Labour is that as soon as it gets in power I'm convinced the far left will try and take over the party. It will be elected on reasonable if vague policies then the Corbinites will come out of the woodwork and we will get extremeist policies we weren't told about in the manifesto.

Not that a manifesto is anything but a list of bollocks anyway. Laughing

Oh, and I'm certainly not convinced the far left have any interest in this country except as a vehicle for their views. Their agenda is the holy grail of bringing Britain down.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:51 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The far left didn't get a looking when Blair and Brown were in charge.

What makes you think it will happen now?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:58 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
What makes you think it will happen now?

Momentum weren't a thing when Bliar and Brown were in power.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Far Left do get in, run the whole fucking Titanic of government straight into the iceberg of reality.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:02 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

There hasn't been anything remotely far left in power steering nce the sixties really. Even in opposition how long did Michael Foot last? The smearing of the left by hoisting a strawman of extremism over it has been one of the most effective acts of misdirection ever. The real extremists are the neo-libs who have been the real power at work for the last half a century Interestingly ive actually been hearing neo liberalism being mentioned on the MSM since the Trustastrophie.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really aren't thinking of bringing Boris back are they? Laughing

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I do not know whats more disturbing. The fact that they think He is the best they have, or the simple fact that he IS the best they have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I do not know whats more disturbing. The fact that they think He is the best they have, or the simple fact that he IS the best they have.

Something about wallpaper, was it, or cake…? Who cares. The losers were determined to nail him, and they did, after a fashion. How dare he deliver Brexit. Laughing I loathe Trump but the ongoing persecution of him reminds me of Harriet Harman’s Parliamentary Privileges Committee investigation into whether Boris Johnson misled Parliament. They can’t just accept he’s gone because they need to ensure he can never return. It’s bitter.

If I was writing this drama I’d have Boris returned to No. 10, and shortly afterwards he wins a General Election when the silent majority speak. Peston, Maitlis, et al explode with indignation and confusion before disappearing forever. Starmer decides perhaps it would have been a good idea to gather some policies together instead of drifting on the breeze hoping no one tries to pin him down. In other news I win the lottery and never have to work again.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:20 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Of course because hes "a laugh", which is just what you need running a government.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Something about wallpaper, was it, or cake…? Who cares. The losers were determined to nail him, and they did, after a fashion. How dare he deliver Brexit. Laughing I loathe Trump but the ongoing persecution of him reminds me of Harriet Harman’s Parliamentary Privileges Committee investigation into whether Boris Johnson misled Parliament. They can’t just accept he’s gone because they need to ensure he can never return. It’s bitter.

If I was writing this drama I’d have Boris returned to No. 10, and shortly afterwards he wins a General Election when the silent majority speak. Peston, Maitlis, et al explode with indignation and confusion before disappearing forever. Starmer decides perhaps it would have been a good idea to gather some policies together instead of drifting on the breeze hoping no one tries to pin him down. In other news I win the lottery and never have to work again.[/quote]

Rather, Starmer sits back as he has done and just patiently waits for Johnson to screw up, which inevitably he will. In fact thats all Starmer has to do given how stark staring bonkers the whole Tory party is. That's a really difficult thing to do though, to sometimes just say very little and let your opposition screw up on their own.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that was a valid tactic in the face of a government intent on self-destruction despite a stonking majority, Labour would have been in a long time ago. Extraordinary failure to capitalise on Labour’s part.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
If that was a valid tactic in the face of a government intent on self-destruction despite a stonking majority, Labour would have been in a long time ago. Extraordinary failure to capitalise on Labour’s part.

If there was a refferendum on whether to have an election it would go aye. I think the chances anythkng will be easier over the next two years is nil and the likelihood the Tories will coble a government together that will do well is also nil.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 21 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

If there was a refferendum on whether to have an election it would go aye. I think the chances anythkng will be easier over the next two years is nil and the likelihood the Tories will coble a government together that will do well is also nil.

And Labour?

I keep finding myself defending (to a certain extent) the Tory government, never having voted Tory. I’m mortified there isn’t an effective opposition beyond Starmer’s ‘wise after the event’ approach and the MSM’s bias.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 179 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10