Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A gamble that paid off (Honda CBR125r 2004)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kernowskinz89
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:33 - 14 Oct 2022    Post subject: A gamble that paid off (Honda CBR125r 2004) Reply with quote

So this summer, after feeling sorry for myself for awhile and harbouring a very dead 1984 Suzuki GS in the shed.
I decided to get back in the market for a new bike, at least to tie me over till I can do my theory and big test. At 32 and on my second CBT I’m in no hurry to do a third!

I had a budget of £1500 and whilst I wasn’t looking at sports bikes this caught my eye on marketplace and something about it along with a very honest young owner gave me decent vibes so I took a big breath and a train to Camborne ( one of the assholes or Cornwall)
And rode this thing back on a calm evening in august this year.

Far from perfect, it was sporting a nasty, amateur reupholster job, brown classic style grips on the bars as well as missing the lower side panels and the belly fairing.

I also found out later that the clutch plates were severely worn and smooth and kept slipping.

But one £60 replacement later, and a home reupholster job later with a far more fitting black leatherette and black grips she looks half decent.
And is serving me very well.
I also managed to source a belly fairing in exchange for a favour.
She’ll never be showroom condition and she’s no racer but it’s a bike, it works and it gets me to work and out on the moors on weekend jollys.

Please let me know if the pictures didn’t post, I’m still learning how to use the forum.
Thanks in advance folks.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 14 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics didn't post. Very Happy

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 14 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing the pics, I had one of these as my first bike 10 years ago and partially restored one a few years ago but could never get the engine working properly. Most of them seem in a pretty sorry state now though Laughing

Kernowskinz89
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:53 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna try link through my Flickr page?
See if that works Shocked

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimtrainz/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimtrainz/.

fingers crossed, if not can anyone advise on how to post photos for a silly newbie like myself? Embarassed

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kernowskinz89 wrote:

fingers crossed, if not can anyone advise on how to post photos for a silly newbie like myself? Embarassed

i use https://imgur.com/
myself
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 184 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1