Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lost the plot in Asda yesterday (or MCN/Chickenstrip thread)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 18 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
Still amazes me people don't just grab the hand scanner thing most Asda's have now and save yourself all the time at the till Laughing You cant really complain about people being slow when you chose the slow method.

Awaaaay.....

Those hand scanners are for wimin to use.

Last edited by MCN on 17:35 - 18 Oct 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:33 - 18 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have gone in the pathetic single mens queue.

https://youtu.be/UGcrDroQglE?t=116

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 18 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
Still amazes me people don't just grab the hand scanner thing most Asda's have now and save yourself all the time at the till Laughing You cant really complain about people being slow when you chose the slow method.

Scan & Go. You scan, you go.
Its a deal breaker if the supershop place doesn't have these.
Queueing with the great unwashed? Tut Tut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Always a good place to break my "no chat" rule...

hk: *peers into basket of worthy-looking Pathetic Single Man*
Oooo! What are those?

PSM: *mumbles* Weetabix with toffee truffle sauce

hk: Mmmm! I like the look of them, you must let me know what they taste like!
(smiles winningly but does not offer number)

You have to time this perfectly with your arrival at the checkout to pack and pay - so that you don't give out your number, because of course it's just an excuse to chat them up without commitment.

(in my mind it brightens their day and makes them hope I might show up again in that supermarket. Mr. Green Thumbs Up ) - it probably doesn't *actually* have that effect but I like to think I cheeried them up a bit in their sad existence Laughing

Calling elderly gentlemen "young man" also brightens their day. But only ladies can get away with that.
My friend Scott calls women old and young (including me) "Beautiful", in such a way that it's obvious that he only says it to brighten up people's day and that he doesn't actually mean it (except in my case, of course Laughing )

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been referred to as "young man" for about the last 40 years and it's getting fecking annoying now.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:24 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Always a good place to break my "no chat" rule...

hk: *peers into basket of worthy-looking Pathetic Single Man*
Oooo! What are those?

PSM: *mumbles* Weetabix with toffee truffle sauce

hk: Mmmm! I like the look of them, you must let me know what they taste like!
(smiles winningly but does not offer number)

You have to time this perfectly with your arrival at the checkout to pack and pay - so that you don't give out your number, because of course it's just an excuse to chat them up without commitment.

(in my mind it brightens their day and makes them hope I might show up again in that supermarket. Mr. Green Thumbs Up ) - it probably doesn't *actually* have that effect but I like to think I cheeried them up a bit in their sad existence Laughing

Calling elderly gentlemen "young man" also brightens their day. But only ladies can get away with that.
My friend Scott calls women old and young (including me) "Beautiful", in such a way that it's obvious that he only says it to brighten up people's day and that he doesn't actually mean it (except in my case, of course Laughing )

Girls love it when you tell them that you love their hair/nails/earings/tats/accent.
The accent a good one. It even works for girls that have your own accent. Very Happy

It's a little bit of magic for their ordinary day.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:00 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the fine line between "flirting" and "harassment" Smile

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Response to such comments is usually linked to how hot she thinks you are in return.https://preview.redd.it/vzxdh0bm9d401.jpg?auto=webp&s=7c91018fb3469048ef8e72ff226f10d71598be3c

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Response to such comments is usually linked to how hot she thinks you are in return.https://preview.redd.it/vzxdh0bm9d401.jpg?auto=webp&s=7c91018fb3469048ef8e72ff226f10d71598be3c

I just completed one of those harassment things online. We have to suffer that every two years.

In the training part it suggests to NOT make ANY comment to colleagues
lest is cause offense.

It's sufficient to get a person sacked.

It's called wokery.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I just completed one of those harassment things online. We have to suffer that every two years.

So why can't you all get together and tell the management to do one? How far will you let it go before you decide to?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

So why can't you all get together and tell the management to do one? How far will you let it go before you decide to?

This is a today problem.

I normally walk if conditions irk me.

But even with oil at $100> for the last year or so jobs are still thin on the ground.
So I ignore more of their pish where I can.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Re: Lost the plot in Asda yesterday Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:

but what would you lot have done?

I woud have been in Waitrose.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:50 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

This is a today problem.

I normally walk if conditions irk me.

But even with oil at $100> for the last year or so jobs are still thin on the ground.
So I ignore more of their pish where I can.

You're talking about just you. I'm guessing your job requires some hard-won qualifications, along with that of many of your colleagues? So that gives you some power together. or are your colleagues ok with it all?
This isn't just where you work. This stuff and nonsense is being rammed down everyone's throats. It is not a minor thing. It requires that everyone stands up to it, or we will end up living in a world where nobody dare say a thing, and God only knows what will be introduced on the back of it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

It's called wokery.

You do know what comes next? You might be able to keep your mouth shut sufficiently (although it's unlikely because you don't know what will be considered verboten next), but you won't be able to hide your age and the colour of your skin.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

It's called wokery.

You do know what comes next? You might be able to keep your mouth shut sufficiently (although it's unlikely because you don't know what will be considered verboten next), but you won't be able to hide your age and the colour of your skin.

I am auld enough to remember when Trade Unions were an effective control over governments ransacking the electorate.
There were national union strikes and men went to jail because they needed money to feed their families.
Then things began to run against the government so they changed a lot of constituency boundaries to guarantee their folk would be elected.

Unions would ask for better pay and conditions strike and inconvenience many people.

I am also auld enough to remember when the banks stole everyone's money, never paid it back and none of them went to jail.
The folk who I personally witnessed complaining about trade unions were the people who worked for financial institutions.

They folk were busy sat sitting in airconditioned/central heated swivel chaired offices, three blocks from a bus/train station.
With nice salaries for a 9-5 Five day week.

The men/women who were unionised did the hard work that kept the office lights and heating on. Ask for a few dollars more and risk being prosecuted or your home re-possessed.

That's is just my rather polarised description/opinion.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I am auld enough to remember when Trade Unions were an effective control over governments ransacking the electorate.
There were national union strikes and men went to jail because they needed money to feed their families.
Then things began to run against the government so they changed a lot of constituency boundaries to guarantee their folk would be elected.

Unions would ask for better pay and conditions strike and inconvenience many people.

I am also auld enough to remember when the banks stole everyone's money, never paid it back and none of them went to jail.
The folk who I personally witnessed complaining about trade unions were the people who worked for financial institutions.

They folk were busy sat sitting in airconditioned/central heated swivel chaired offices, three blocks from a bus/train station.
With nice salaries for a 9-5 Five day week.

The men/women who were unionised did the hard work that kept the office lights and heating on. Ask for a few dollars more and risk being prosecuted or your home re-possessed.

That's is just my rather polarised description/opinion.

That's one thing, and obviously not good. But woke is a different animal. Woke will come for you if you ask for nothing, wherever you are, whoever you work for, in whatever trade. Woke will even come for you when you are in retirement. It will eventually come for you even if you try to go along with all of it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with wokery is that too many people do not take it seriously as they think it is just a bunch of dafties mouthing off.

I do not believe it will just fizzle out.
I think government/law makers need to stand up to some of the nonsense being put forward.

It is a bigger problem that a virus.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it won't just fizzle out, and it IS a virus - a mind virus.
Some are immune.
Some try to use it for their own ends.
But some are completely susceptible to it.
It does no good for anyone in the long run, only harm, since it is designed to be divisive. If anyone thinks otherwise, they have misunderstood it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 22 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch Shapiro, the Jewish AF guy and his colaberators Matt Walsh, Candice (certainly would) Owens and a couple of others in that group.
Mostly they argue solid facts.
My reservations with that bunch of 'influencers' is that most of them decry people's orientation and political opinion but believe in a skye Faerie themselves.
I would argue that religion and politics should not be mixed.
And the republican party they spout good about are hell bent on everyone having real faith too.

Contradiction in Ideas.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 22 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
but believe in a skye Faerie themselves.

You mean fairies of the kind that live on picturesque Scottish islands? Oh no, those are real! Folded arms Probably all that whiskey.

Personally, I don't like religious or secular zealots. Or political ones for that matter.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 22 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, you lot, get out of my thread!

All you had was women's gossip anyway.

"Ooh, I had a row in Asda, at the checkout!"
"Ooh, you never!"
"I did too, proper row!"
"Did you?!"
"Yeah, scratched her eyes out, I did!"
"Oh, you never!"
"I did, scratched 'em right out!"
"Well, I never!"
"Then I says to her, ooh you bitch I says, hey Hilda, come and listen to this...blah..."
Blah.
Blah.

Razz

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 24 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the reason why I default to ill-disguised irritated silence in queues Laughing Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 07 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go to shops I see it as a fucking chore so I focus on getting in and getting the fuck back out again as soon as possible. If it means using self-service then that's what I will do.

Fuck talking to cunts I don't know about mundane shite and small talk I don't care about.

Bah humbug! Fuck aff! Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 07 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I go to shops I see it as a fucking chore so I focus on getting in and getting the fuck back out again as soon as possible.

That's about the size of it. My better half however manages to strike up conversations with random strangers like I talk to my dog - frequently and with little point. Going round the supermarket with her results in me ignoring a succession of conversations with the great unwashed. Then, there is the 'first name terms' relationship she has achieved with those on checkout - I pack the bags in silence.

I expect my funeral will be a quiet affair....

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 07 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I expect my funeral will be a quiet affair....

I'll be dead as fuck when mine comes so I won't be around to care how many people came. Roll me in a ditch, burn me or bury me makes fuck all difference to me in the end.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 164 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3