Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Who will the PM for the next 2 months?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Who will the PM for the next 2 months?
Penny Mordaunt
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
degenerate Boris "The Liar" Johnson
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
tax evading super rich family Sunak
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 17

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 26 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
27 out of 380 odd people isn't 'fringe'.

And she wasn't forced to resign. She threw herself on her sword, which as Stinkers saidis quite admirable in the odern day member of the tory party.

Citation on either of these please. Your daily mail link is basicaly about the knives out for Truss so don't really support your 'forced to resign' narative.

About the fringe I cannot be bothered to listen again all todays LBC radio recordings. There was a guy today a security expert that has said about the fringe. He said more though:
Quote:

Braverman is a security risk and a threat to National Security.

No partner of the UK will trust her after the security breach.

In both cases honest blunder (means she is incompetent) of deliberate mistake she cannot be trusted.

Which will harm the UK co-operation with our partners and will harm the UK's national security and will make impossible Braverman to do her job.

He said as an example that he doubts Dutch will want to share any secure inormatiom about the Dutch investigation in regards to current findings related to China illegal police stations

And about forcing her to resign:

Quote:
Suella Braverman has been forced to resign as UK home secretary, throwing Liz Truss’s premiership into further chaos and angering the Tory right.

Braverman, a leading rightwinger, was sacked by the prime minister because she sent an official document from her personal email to a fellow MP, in a serious breach of ministerial rules.

The draft written statement on migration was deemed highly sensitive because it related to immigration rules, which potentially have major implications for market-sensitive growth forecasts from the Office for Budget Responsibility.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/19/suella-braverman-departs-as-uk-home-secretary-liz-truss
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:45 - 26 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't told to resign, but felt forced to by the ministerial code.

Until such time as you provide a citation as to who forced her to resign it's just hearsay and your poor understanding of the language and the british parliamentary system.

TBH it's more a apology to the house and promise to not do it again rather than a resignation matter but gave the opportunity to retire from the Truss government and slag it off.

Which then precipitated what?

(Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.....)

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 26 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Wasn't told to resign, but felt forced to by the ministerial code.

Was not told to resign? Are we in a parallel unievrse now.

What about 90 minutes shouting match where Liz Truss forced her to resign?

Can you follow simple logic mate?

Say if people that breach the ministerial code are not worthy
to be government ministers and if Braverman made mistake punishable by ministerial code and must resign (which according to you is true reason for her resignation) then she cannot be a HO secretary again innit?

Otherwise there is no point of the whole resignation.

Conservatives home blog agrees with me.
Quote:

Braverman returns as Home Secretary – exactly six days after she was forced our for breaking the ministerial code"

I guess you are too left to read facts innit?

https://conservativehome.com/2022/10/26/newslinks-for-wednesday-26th-october-2022/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 27 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point of ppl resigning is so you can call them back when convenient otherwise government would eventually run out of ppl to fill cabinet positions.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 27 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val why are you so bothered what is going on in this country now that you have left?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:03 - 27 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
about forcing her to resign

Would a gun have been used to force her to write her letter of resignation?

Dear Prime Minister,

It is with the greatest regret that I am choosing to tender my resignation.

etc etc etc

I wish my successor good luck.

Yours sincerely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63320750

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 28 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile the papers in Germany, first page breaking news:

Quote:
Rishi Sunak still have not resigned!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/4AEqF2S.png

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 29 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diversionary tactics, having put their energy needs into the hands of a tyrant and now desperately hoping for a mild winter.

Put that paper away somewhere safe, won’t you? You’ll need it later.
Laughing

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 29 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Diversionary tactics, having put their energy needs into the hands of a tyrant and now desperately hoping for a mild winter.

Put that paper away somewhere safe, won’t you? You’ll need it later.
Laughing

You literally have no idea do you? Reading Daily Mail delusions will damage your brain mate. Try for a change reading facts and experts.

The facts are:

Quote:
UK gas reserves are 96 per cent lower than in Germany right now.
The UK gas storage facilities level is 20%
Germany gas storage reserves 98.7%
In total volumes UK has 96% less gas in storage than Germany

https://i.imgur.com/lO0qpQr.png

https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-of-the-day/2022/09/uk-gas-reserves-storage-europe-germany

The total storage level in Germany is 97.82% the UK barely has 20% Laughing Laughing

https://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/EN/Areas/Energy/Companies/SecurityOfSupply/GasSupply/start.html

Also EU part of russian gas was 35% long time ago, at the moment is barely 5% less then Algeria.

https://i.imgur.com/sSyHcdk.jpg

In Bavaria most houses use oil or wood for energy. When I say wood I mean wood pellets burner and heater. The country is literally one big forest. Some people somewhere may use gas, but sure its not russian gas anymore.

Also I use oil heating and got 4.5 tons oil in the basement tank which will be fine for me until 2027. My German made oil water heater feeds undefloor heating and the hot water boiler. My oil consumption is about 1 ton per year if its cold like the last one.

Tell me more how much is your house storage and until when you have gas reserves in the basement?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 29 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit thick here but as we (in the UK) don't buy all our gas from Russia maybe we don't need to worry so much?

Otherwise we run out of gas mid-winter and everyone dies. Surely a good thing, from an EU perspective so where's the problem?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 29 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A German wind farm is being demolished to make way for a vast open-cast coal mine despite Berlin’s ambitious clean energy goals.

The eight wind turbines will be dismantled with a dozen nearby villages and hamlets to clear space for a pit that will ultimately cover an area about the size of Swindon 25 miles to the northwest of Cologne.

The Garzweiler II mine is expected to yield about 190 million tonnes of lignite, a relatively dirty fuel also known as brown coal, even though the government says it hopes “ideally” to phase out coal power by the end of the decade. The case illustrates Germany’s predicament as it struggles to reconcile the conflicting imperatives of its energy policy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gas-crisis-forces-germany-to-flatten-wind-farm-for-coal-mine-wtnht87fj

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 29 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Also EU part of russian gas was 35% long time ago, at the moment is barely 5%

Why’s that then?

Thinking Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 31 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit thick here but as we (in the UK) don't buy all our gas from Russia maybe we don't need to worry so much?

Otherwise we run out of gas mid-winter and everyone dies. Surely a good thing, from an EU perspective so where's the problem?

Less than 3% of UK import is Russians shite.

The main supplier to the UK is Norway.
About 35%.

>50% of gas use is to fuel the national grid.

Fuck Poo Tin and his jingoist crew.

Slava Ukraine.

I think Ukraine donated another submarine to the russian navy. (The New Flagship too.)

I don't read that Russia are very good at Foreign Conflict.
Imagine starting a fite you cannot/will not be permitted to win.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:09 - 31 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at that chart, it was at least 20% in the early paty of 2022 and deifinately exceeded 30% during parts of 2021. Thats hardly a long time ago.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:49 - 04 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Rishi Sunak is delivering his video message sitting on the toilet now?

Seriously why? Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://youtu.be/-k29h9qqULk

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 04 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people post rubbish on forums instead of talking about motorbikes? It's a great mystery Thinking

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 04 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunak's speech today as seen on German TV.
The sound of the burning trees in the background Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44jacrDFA8I

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:26 - 05 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly appropriate for Germany given that's their only reliable source of heat this winter.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:32 - 05 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val, when are you coming back to the UK?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 05 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whereas in Berlin on New Year's Eve, they apparently decided to burn...Berlin!
It seems it's a cultural thing. Lots of young immigrants missing the war zones they have come from. Beirut...Berlin...I dunno, it's so easy to confuse the two Laughing
And of course, in a war zone, anything goes...rape, murder, looting. Progressive!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 05 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, at least the wonderful EU leaders are whiter than white.
Oh, wait (on so many levels!)... Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 05 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
It seems it's a cultural thing. Lots of young immigrants missing the war zones they have come from. Beirut...Berlin...I dunno, it's so easy to confuse the two Laughing
And of course, in a war zone, anything goes...rape, murder, looting. Progressive!

I went Berlin in December, the amount of homeless people there surprised me, tents in the park etc

Everywhere is a shithole basically, but muh EU
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 05 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick browse of the Interwebs seems to indicate a similar number of homeless people in London and Berlin at 5,000~10,000 but the latter is a much smaller city.

In comparison L.A. is an order of magnitude higher, NYC is apparently even worse Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 05 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I went Berlin in December, the amount of homeless people there surprised me, tents in the park etc

Everywhere is a shithole basically, but muh EU

So now it's a burned-out shithole. I was more talking about the riots and general violence they celebrated the New Year with. I'm sure it must have been covered on the BBC and other MSM channels? It seems to me that EU trends would be interesting to know about, especially for those who still want us to go back into the EU. Wasn't just Berlin this happened in either apparently. But Berlin is supposed to be one of Europe's great capital cities. And what with the Kurdish riots in Paris recently too...

The West has gone to shit and so-called progressives want more of it. It is way past time that people stood up and defended their nations against all this madness. If governments won't do it, the people must overthrow them, by whatever means, and install the people who will defend all that they hold dear. It will get very nasty, but no nastier than it will become if things go unchecked, as we are beginning to see.
You want to call the new Italian PM a fascist? If fascism is defending your nation against this cultural and moral erosion and undermining, then I'm a fascist, proudly.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:22 - 05 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's certainly nothing about it on BBC news.

Oh wait yes there is...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64167632
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6