Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Competition, Win the ultimate Show and Accommodation Package

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

B1N
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:51 - 03 Nov 2022    Post subject: Competition, Win the ultimate Show and Accommodation Package Reply with quote

https://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/competition/win-the-ultimate-show-and-accommodation-package/

Closes 04/11 (1pm), so hurry.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 03 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not interested but I see the question is

What is the name of the bar at The Meriden Hotel?
options:
Ducati bar
Yamaha bar
Triumph bar

The thing is, there is a Triumph bar at the Manor Hotel in Meriden

but afaik, no actual Meriden hotel in Meriden or nearby

I call bollox

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 03 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think it's real, and they haven't decided upon the "prize recipients" (or should that read as perks for fellow media types) already? Serious question.

Not making a big issue out of this but the world isn't the same place it once was, and this setup (event, sponsors, etc.) is exactly the same profile of predator and prey as people like Stuart Garner and his victims. Stuart Garner was a nice man. He had lots of mates, unlike the oddball retirees who were desperate to meet him at the manor, for some reason. They even thought of it as hobnobbing. Just because the guy treated them with a little respect, and didn't have a regional accent. They were ready and willing to offer him their daughters, one at a time. That's how bad human judgment is. They paid a heavy price and got fleeced... The problem with events and event organisers like those is that they know us better than we know ourselves. Some people just want a day out, but let's be honest, it's older people who want a bit of a natter about bikes. They (people involved in the bike business) use our weaknesses against us. They are ruthless and sharp, and they are always trusted by their victims. Always likeable, as well.

Here's their full page of competitions:

https://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/competitions/

One of the prizes is a 2023 Ninja 400. In other words, one of their prizes is £6100.

No, that's not real. If the bike even exists, or if they have any intention of actually buying one (and it isn't just a marketing stunt with a local Kawasaki dealer), it's going to someone in their gang. And it will be a gang

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 03 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick look at their privacy policy is eye opening when you see what they collect and how they use it

https://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy/

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 04 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:

The thing is, there is a Triumph bar at the Manor Hotel in Meriden
but afaik, no actual Meriden hotel in Meriden or nearby
I call bollox

I call 'conspiracy theorist' Wink
It's nothing more than 'incompetence'.

Bhud wrote:
One of the prizes is a 2023 Ninja 400. In other words, one of their prizes is £6100.
No, that's not real. If the bike even exists, or if they have any intention of actually buying one (and it isn't just a marketing stunt with a local Kawasaki dealer), it's going to someone in their gang. And it will be a gang

That'll certainly be real. That prize is specifically sponsored by Kawasaki UK, who will receive contact details for thousands of prospective punters from the comp by way of recompense. It's not costing Kawasaki £6100, and it certainly wouldn't be worth their while being prosecuted for fraud.

From the T&Cs: "13. Details of the winner will be available from MCIA Events Ltd by sending a SAE within 28 days of the draw date to the address above." Granted, that could be someone in Kawasaki's 'gang' but I just don't see it being worth their risk of being found out.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 04 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

That'll certainly be real. That prize is specifically sponsored by Kawasaki UK, who will receive contact details for thousands of prospective punters from the comp by way of recompense. It's not costing Kawasaki £6100, and it certainly wouldn't be worth their while being prosecuted for fraud.

From the T&Cs: "13. Details of the winner will be available from MCIA Events Ltd by sending a SAE within 28 days of the draw date to the address above." Granted, that could be someone in Kawasaki's 'gang' but I just don't see it being worth their risk of being found out.

Dude I covered this. Kawasaki get the contact info for spam purposes but that's not the point. It's the old bike raffle scam. Someone gets a bike who just happens to have already been decided. Certainly won't be some random who supplied their contact info on a website. If the world really worked like that, then votes at elections would never be audited as they were counted - the "trust me bro" system would be in place instead.

The recipient of the bike may or may not immediately sell off the bike, to distribute the sale proceeds to other members of the gang. Kawasaki UK is not the party that would be involved in this impossible-to-prove fraud. It's the old Moonbeam trick. It was known even in the 1920s...

People in the trade just don't scrub up well - you can spot them a mile away. Like someone doing the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in tweed they just bought. Some habits are just dyed too deep into the wool. I mean the whole lot of them are chock-full of giveaway clues that permeate everything they say and do: from the media/magazine types to the mech/tech spivs. They give away their entire background, and you can almost see in their faces the road that started with an apprenticeship, turned into servitude, and then boiled over into resentment, before eventually giving way to ripping off normies as a way of life. What I mean is, if you spend your life learning the perfect way to polish someone else's shoes, and know all the ins and outs of that because it was hammered into you with a fair bit of abuse and regular reminders of your own unimportance, then all it takes is to see a man polish his own shoes imperfectly as his personal hobby or distraction to throw you into a blind rage which justifies a turn to the dark side (dishonesty) to get your fair dues, your respect, your prestige and above all your MONEY. That's just how the world works. Turns good men bad. The bike people especially. Wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1