Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

musk tho

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: musk tho Reply with quote

whatten tarnation - i can barely keep up with this craziness

elon done gone 'n' bought 100 million spam bots sorry i mean the world's most profitable website...but now lookit...blue check shenanigans kicks eli lilly shares off a cliff, and hot damn, that boy is gonna be sleeping under the western freeway by xmas

twitter is goin down the sh1tter

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world will probably be a better place without it.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.rouming.cz/upload/winrar_is_mad.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Re: musk tho Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
hot damn, that boy is gonna be sleeping under the western freeway by xmas

twitter is goin down the sh1tter

It's a toy for him. He could discard it and still be drowning in money.
It's going so you can't have a business that relies on ad revenue unless you follow a certain political narrative, but what important businesses or industries rely on ad revenue?
Twitter with Musk attracts millions of people/users - he's his own advertisement. Companies that advertise on social media otoh, who gives a feck about them?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

it has no bearing on what i do, say or think....at least I hope it doesn't

but in any case, what kind of d1ckhead would spend trillions of $$$ on something as stupid as a social media site, when we've already watched Friendster decay to nowt, MySpace turn into a digital dust bowl, and Friends Reunited all but vanish. The richest man in the world can't suss out that these platforms come and go, and their users are fickle and behave like iron filings, attracted to whatever the greatest force happens to be at any one time.

But as if all that wasn't obvious enough, musk sacks all the staff that were - seemingly at least - the only process by which real politicians and slebs could be authenticated. Suddenly, insulin is being offered free, and lockheed martin have stopped selling arms.

it's one farcical development after another - from the cleverest, richest guy that ever walked the earth

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

these platforms come and go

Sounds like Facebook is going down the tubes as well.
I was never sure that connecting everybody with everybody, all around the world, was a good idea anyway, in the same way that the wholesale mixing of disparate cultures in one country isn't a good idea.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:58 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Musk is splashing the cash; what should he buy next?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
So Musk is splashing the cash; what should he buy next?

Albania.
Turn it into a massive beef farm, since there's no one there. He could import cheap Albanian labour from the UK.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:45 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter was always running on a loss which makes one wonder how it kept going. Apparently solely for the benefit of the Blue Check Mark digital aristocracy.

Smash it. Then burn the wreckage, bag up the ashes and throw them in the ocean.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:23 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musk will back-fill one of the tunnel projects with Twitter and not miss a step.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:40 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, somebody landed up with his money. Presumably the shareholders who were probably glad to get shot of it at a reasonable price. He also did the world a favour by getting rid of a loss-making enterprise.

The more he fritters, the better for the economy. Trickle-down economics in action?

He should do more fuckwitted stuff. I wonder if he's ever fancied owning a UK based railway?

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone how doesn’t use Twitter, it’s been entertaining as hell watching how quick Elon can tank something….

https://www.thenational.scot/resources/images/16141166.png?type=mds-article-620

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw that one yeah - Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Well, somebody landed up with his money. Presumably the shareholders who were probably glad to get shot of it at a reasonable price. He also did the world a favour by getting rid of a loss-making enterprise.

The more he fritters, the better for the economy. Trickle-down economics in action?

He should do more fuckwitted stuff. I wonder if he's ever fancied owning a UK based railway?

HS2??

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:30 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Twitter was always running on a loss which makes one wonder how it kept going. Apparently solely for the benefit of the Blue Check Mark digital aristocracy.

Smash it. Then burn the wreckage, bag up the ashes and throw them in the ocean.

*tin foil hat on

I think it kept going because just like any other social media, it was/is an easy way how to influence the public opinion, or maybe a tool to polarize the society to someone's benefit. Indoctrinating the weak minded with what a few wealthy individuals and/or groups of such people want others to think and do. Elections, vaccinations, economy, ecology, wars, human rights ... and above all that a governing entity (mods/censors) that says what's acceptable by them, not by the people actually using Twitter. Never in the history the people pulling strings had it this easy.

*tin foil hat off

Thinking

Also,

https://www.rouming.cz/archived/it_would_be_on_the_news.jpg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:31 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

HS2??

Yeah, if he wants a portfolio of White Elephant cash-vortexes, I can't think of a better investment. Probably even better than bitcoin.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarnoff's law-
the value of a broadcast network is proportional to the number of viewers.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revealed by AOC having a "melty" the whole Blue Check thing turned out to be a private talking shop for "the great and the good." Apparently she just looked at her mentions (some feature of Twitter) from other Blue Checks and focused on those, fuck the actual electorate Rolling Eyes

The Twitter us plebs look at was just a front Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:36 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Revealed by AOC having a "melty" the whole Blue Check thing turned out to be a private talking shop for "the great and the good." Apparently she just looked at her mentions (some feature of Twitter) from other Blue Checks and focused on those, fuck the actual electorate Rolling Eyes

The Twitter us plebs look at was just a front Shocked

What you have written there is absolute double dutch to me. I am not up teo speed with this internet media sh1t. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOC is an American politician that moonlights as a social media influencer... or it could be the other way round Smile

"Melty" - having a very public melt down (for the cameras.)

Blue Check Mark - you're someone "of note" on Twitter.

Mentions - I think there's some page on Twitter where you can see what other people are saying about you. The old Oscar Wilde "if there's one thing worse than being talked about it's not being talked about!"

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

but in any case, what kind of d1ckhead would spend trillions of $$$ on something as stupid as a social media site, when we've already watched Friendster decay to nowt, MySpace turn into a digital dust bowl, and Friends Reunited all but vanish. The richest man in the world can't suss out that these platforms come and go, and their users are fickle and behave like iron filings, attracted to whatever the greatest force happens to be at any one time.

Agreed he should put it all into Crypto..

..Oh shit

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/14/business/ftx-crypto-collapse-updates-hnk-intl/index.html

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

it has no bearing on what i do, say or think....at least I hope it doesn't

But as if all that wasn't obvious enough, musk sacks all the staff that were - seemingly at least - the only process by which real politicians and slebs could be authenticated. Suddenly, insulin is being offered free, and lockheed martin have stopped selling arms.

it's one farcical development after another - from the cleverest, richest guy that ever walked the earth

The money he did have couldn't be cashed and could be gone at the drop of a 'tweet', so probably better off spent on an influencing machine

Bezos is giving his away for nothing except muh feels
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
AOC is an American politician that moonlights as a social media influencer... or it could be the other way round Smile

"Melty" - having a very public melt down (for the cameras.)

Blue Check Mark - you're someone "of note" on Twitter.

Mentions - I think there's some page on Twitter where you can see what other people are saying about you. The old Oscar Wilde "if there's one thing worse than being talked about it's not being talked about!"

I thought the blue chip was certified by Twitter that the accountee is the genuine article and not some kunt being a dick using someone 'of influence' name.

If you are that person when you feel that you want your words out there then it's a chargeable option.

Gates had a similar notion to help eradicate spam.
Pay 1 cent for an email.
Spam would grind to a halt.
Sending thousands of spamery would become spensive.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:36 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musk said he wanted paid accounts by the end of the week "or you're all fired!" So errr... unsurprisingly a poor first effort.

With regards to charging for emails I'm in the process of getting Microsoft's email communications cloud thingy working for "you forgot your password? let me email you a link to reset it..."

Cost per email is $0.00025 Laughing

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting better and better each day:

https://uk.pcmag.com/social-media/143846/twitter-fires-3-more-employees-after-they-publicly-criticize-elon-musk

“Free speech for everyone, but fuck people who speak out against me. Oh and I’ll blame the app running slow on the devs I fired, not the fact I’ve just laid off most of the people who kept the platform running”
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6