Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

musk tho

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you're free to say whatever you want...

https://i.imgflip.com/70w6m8.jpg

...but your employer is also free to take umbrage Wink TBF there aren't many large corporates where you can freely slag off the boss and get away with it.

I wonder if Musk found a note in his desk "I'm afraid there is no money." Thinking

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Getting better and better each day:

https://uk.pcmag.com/social-media/143846/twitter-fires-3-more-employees-after-they-publicly-criticize-elon-musk

“Free speech for everyone, but fuck people who speak out against me. Oh and I’ll blame the app running slow on the devs I fired, not the fact I’ve just laid off most of the people who kept the platform running”

Don't worry about it. He's only laid off a load of looney woke lefties. And if Twitter disappears forever, everyone wins Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:37 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Oh, you're free to say whatever you want...

https://i.imgflip.com/70w6m8.jpg

...but your employer is also free to take umbrage Wink TBF there aren't many large corporates where you can freely slag off the boss and get away with it.

I wonder if Musk found a note in his desk "I'm afraid there is no money." Thinking

Lots of people getting fired aren’t even slagging him off though, they’re simply correcting him on incorrect statements he’s making publicly. Every decent boss would listen to their experienced employees if they point out something is wrong or dangerous. Musk is too thin skinned and assumes He is the only one that’s right all the time.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discretion.

If I'm at a party and I overhear my boss shooting his mouth off to impress some numpties I wouldn't insert myself into the group and publicly piss on his cornflakes it'd be a tug of the arm and "can I have a quiet word?"

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said at the time, he's the richest man in the world worth something like $250 billion.

I would have thought he could have done something better with one sixth of that wealth than buy twitter. Seems like he thought so too in the end, but was forced to buy it when out came the LOOPY LAWYERS.

What I would say is that social media is full 'B' list celebs formally announcing their flounce (Sully was the last one I saw), but nothing about people joining up, which presumably some are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:01 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest missive: "Work lots more than your contracted hours or get fired"

The guy is a complete cunt.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:11 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Where does he say that?

To: Team [at Twitter]

Subj. A Fork in the Road

Date: Nov. 16, 2022 [time stamp removed]

Going forward, to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0 and succeed in an increasingly competitive world, we will need to be extremely hardcore. This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.

Twitter will also be much more engineering-driven. Design and product management will still be very important and report to me, but those writing great code will constitute the majority of our team and have the greatest sway.

At its heart, Twitter is a software and servers company, so l think this makes sense.

If you are sure that you want to be part of the new Twitter, please click yes on the link below:

[Link removed]

Anyone who has not done so by 5pm ET tomorrow (Thursday) will receive three months of severance.

Whatever decision you make, thank you for your efforts to make Twitter successful.

Elon

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right there in the email... Accept new hours or sling your hook. The 3 month's severance is likely the legal minimum.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-staff-expect-80-hour-work-weeks-report-2022-11

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Where does he say that?

To: Team [at Twitter]

Subj. A Fork in the Road

Date: Nov. 16, 2022 [time stamp removed]

Going forward, to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0 and succeed in an increasingly competitive world, we will need to be extremely hardcore. This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.

Twitter will also be much more engineering-driven. Design and product management will still be very important and report to me, but those writing great code will constitute the majority of our team and have the greatest sway.

At its heart, Twitter is a software and servers company, so l think this makes sense.

If you are sure that you want to be part of the new Twitter, please click yes on the link below:

[Link removed]

Anyone who has not done so by 5pm ET tomorrow (Thursday) will receive three months of severance.

Whatever decision you make, thank you for your efforts to make Twitter successful.

Elon

So, to paraphrase, work longer hours than you're contracted for without any compensation for the extra time or fuck off. We'll give you money to shut you up if you do decide to fuck off by the way and of course we don't give a shite about the length of time you've worked for Twatter or your loyalty.

Nobby has it right. I used to admire Musk but these days I think he's a spoiled rich brat that doesn't give a toss about anyone else.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you lot work at Twitter?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:59 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that email would count as a dismissal notice in the UK. Basically accept undefined and fundamental changes to your T&Cs by clicking a link or you will be dismissed. The lawyers would have a field day with that here.

However, freedom.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

So a cunt threatening to lay off a bunch of cunts if they won't pull their weight? How awful! Laughing

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Cant blame him, easy riders doing a half arsed job because of their prestige, If Twitter isnt making a profit, how do they expect to get paid?

Funny how you're against this , how much does the MOD piss down the drain with procurement/projects ?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:11 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll need a twitter 2.0 because I bet the code is a Heath-Robinson clusterfuck and he's effectively auto-dismissed the people who know where the knotted string goes.

It's ok though, if it follows the government procurement model, they will be able to sell him their services for 3x their previous pay on a consultancy basis in a short while.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:34 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
He'll need a twitter 2.0 because I bet the code is a Heath-Robinson clusterfuck and he's effectively auto-dismissed the people who know where the knotted string goes.

Yep and the guy who called him out on his bollocks and explained about the clusterfuck got sacked for his trouble. This link actually details the exchanges.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/14/musk_twitter_rpc_spat/

stinkwheel wrote:

It's ok though, if it follows the government procurement model, they will be able to sell him their services for 3x their previous pay on a consultancy basis in a short while.

Half of that is governments insistance on having a headcount budget as well as a cost budget. Rees-Moggs recent plan to reduce the number of civil servants would just have meant that external contractors would have been paid 3 times the amount for the same work but that would make the taxpayers alliance happy because less civil servants....

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

No cunt does any more, except the one at the top.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

No cunt does any more, except the one at the top.

So Twitter has shut down?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He’s just having a laugh though isn’t he? He’s got so much money he can afford to burst Twitter’s pompous bubble.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a private company, he owns it, he can do what he likes with it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 17 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
What I would say is that social media is full 'B' list celebs formally announcing their flounce (Sully was the last one I saw), but nothing about people joining up, which presumably some are.

If the Muskrat is to be believed the number of accounts and and interactions has increased. Don't forget Twitter exists in places other than the USA (where the loud flouncing most occurs.) Reports from Japan for example say that Twitter is now a really nice place without the idiots, lots of serious anime discussions going on.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 17 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

$4m a week it's losing.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 17 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
$4m a week it's losing.

No wonder the previous owners wanted shot of. Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 17 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's similar to others such as YouTube, which also doesn't make a profit. Facebook DOES - but it's the exception, apparently.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 18 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new "spend all your waking hours working for me or fuck off" policy is doing well so far...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/17/elon-musk-twitter-closes-offices-loyalty-oath-resignations

Quote:
On Thursday evening, the version of the Twitter app used by employees began slowing down, according to one source familiar with the matter, who estimated that the public version of Twitter was at risk of breaking during the night. Website DownDetector reported a significant uptick in user reports of issues on the site.

“If it does break, there is no one left to fix things in many areas,”

Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:35 - 18 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that the vast majority of the people who got the 'work harder or fuck off' email have chosen option 2.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6