Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

8 billion of us in the world today.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: 8 billion of us in the world today. Reply with quote

Where's it going from here?

Some say it will plateau at 10-12 billion and then start to fall around the middle of this century. Others say it's fine, we will need millions to support ageing and falling populations in the developed countries.

I say it's the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it. Global warming, climate change will accelerate as India, China and Brazil struggle to keep up with their rapidly expanding populations who expect all the trimmings we in the west have. They will need every form of power generation they can create, including coal.

When global warming really hits Africa, with the fastest growing population of any continent, and starvation becomes widespread the movement of African migrants to Europe will become a deluge that will make todays figures seem minute.

What's the answer? Well, I don't honestly think there is one. I can see it becoming very nasty but of course I won't be here for it. However my grandkids will and they will be in a fight for food, resourses while living in the 3rd world country that we have become.

You only have to look at COP27 to see there isn't any political will to do anything major Does anyone have a positive outlook of the future?

Rum time I think. Rum cures all ills. Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:57 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon Musk says we are running short of population.
Even counting the breeder cuntries: Africa cuntinent, China and India.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, we've got loads of room yet. Still plenty of green land left to build millions of houses on before we run out, the developed world will continue to grow for years - it's the developing countries with war, famine, starvation that'll decrease and stay at a level they can survive with.

This is before we do run out of room and then start building floating cities on the seas where we grow food in glass domes and drink sea water (filtered of course).

After that we'll have been inventive enough to build huge spaceships that people can live on for years, and eventually settle on another planet. And so the cycle continues!
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Re: 8 billion of us in the world today. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

8 billion of us in the world today.

So it's not just my imagination, you do all look alike. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:01 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overpopulation? Don't worry about that, antivaxxers are sacrificing themselves for the greater good.

We're still screwed though as small inflatable boats are unstoppable. The people making and selling those things are the ones who'll be responsible for the end of the world as we know it. And I feel fine.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Re: 8 billion of us in the world today. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Where's it going from here?...What's the answer?

Uh-oh, Polarbear's in an existential crisis Laughing
You're going to die. We all are. Don't worry about it, it's the natural order of things.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Re: 8 billion of us in the world today. Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Where's it going from here?...What's the answer?

Uh-oh, Polarbear's in an existential crisis Laughing
You're going to die. We all are. Don't worry about it, it's the natural order of things.

Ha. Folded arms I'm not in crisis. I have all I need in the world. A boat, a dog and rum.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Re: 8 billion of us in the world today. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Ha. Folded arms I'm not in crisis. I have all I need in the world. A boat, a dog and rum.

You were right! Three and a half hours of rum later, and all is well! Laughing

I'm a bit worried about what you do with the dog though...
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limiting factors are food and energy. Europe is going backwards in these areas, China and India not so much. Learn Hindi and Mandarin is my tip.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:07 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The limiting factors are food and energy. Europe is going backwards in these areas, China and India not so much. Learn Hindi and Mandarin is my tip.

Don't need to go to that sort of extreme.

We've got loads of Chinky and Pakis carry out shops around here. Cool

Not like we'll starve to death coz we don't Spraken de lingua franca is it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1