BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tesco and the crash helmet stupidity is back

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any problem at Tesco petrol stations but have been stopped in a Tesco supermarket and I just told the security guard I am keeping it on and he gave up.

The only place I've had real problems with filling up is at JET branded stations and every time I just drop the fuel pump on the ground, leave it there and ride off to another station. They waste my time so I'll waste theirs' in return.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving the dispensing nozzle on the ground is not fair on the pump jockeys if it's their manager who makes the rools.
To get to that bastirt one just doesn't give hom/her/he/she/it a sale.
They will feel not getting to sell 3 gallons of petrol to someone. Laughing
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
worst one let me fill up then refused to take payment unless i took lid off when i got to counter to pay

That's actually happened to me once when I was filling up a car they wouldn't let me pay (again it was at a fucking JET station) because there was fuel rationing going on at the time and they had a £30 limit and I went to £35 and the woman on the till was going on and on and on about me breaking their rules and I just rolled my eyes at her and invited her to go suck £5 of petrol back out the tank Laughing she gave in and accepted card payment.

Also had a Sainsbury's pump shut off remotely on me because I was on a WhatsApp call with someone on loudspeaker. Again I just dropped the nozzle on the floor and went in to pay for the partial fill up and she kept droning on and on about how it's illegal to be on the phone in a petrol forecourt or some other random made-up pish. Just said OK Karen so can I pay now? Paid and left after saying I would replace the nozzle. Never did and drove away.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 03 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
MCN wrote:
Leaving the dispensing nozzle on the ground is not fair on the pump jockeys if it's their manager who makes the rools.
I ushally find its the petty pump jockeys that cause the problem often you can go to the same station dozens of times and no problem and then you get one start ushally a karen

So do you think that this Karen has made up a no-helmet rule all by herself? For fun? Or is it more likely that the other pump jockeys who aren't enforcing a rule that their employer has instigated, and which they are supposed to enforce as part of their job, are not doing so either out of idleness or because they can't be arsed to have a ruck with a hairy biker who's probably going to kick off at them?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 03 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem kind of daft 'enforcing' this when I can walk in with a hood up and/or hat on, wearing shades and a face mask
(which for some sodding reason are still being worn indoors and out), or a balaclava, maybe a burkha and not be challenged
at all. It's just as likely to be a person paying with a stolen debit card or driving a dodgy vehicle with false plates about to fill
up and drive off without paying at all.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 04 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the 'Rona, I objected to this when a woman 2 people in front of me in the queue had a mask, sunglasses and a floppy straw hat. Wasnt asked to remove them. guy seemed fairly annpyed by the whole thing and eventually relented when I just kept offering the card up to the machine. never been back since though. Fairly sure I posted about it on here at the time.

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:18 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how mad bikers get over this lol.

Like it or not a lot of people use Motorcycle helmets to commit crimes. So, the logic is simple. No motorcycle helmet on no entry. Yea, sure you can point out the logical fallacies in it but you DO NOT HAVE TO SHOP THERE.
Maybe at some point criminals will get more clever and use Burkas. Then we can all get into some religious debate about the morality of asking Muslim women to remove their burkas in the name of safety.

It is also nothing to do with a 'power trip' At many of these stores it is either corporate or store policy to remove helmets. I can assure you the girl/guy being paid min wage does not want to get into an argument over it.

Anyone who argues this with a checkout assistant or petrol station clerk is basically a HUGE KAREN.
But no doubt it will make you feel good raging at someone who probably is being paid like £9/hr.

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
dave001 wrote:
worst one let me fill up then refused to take payment unless i took lid off when i got to counter to pay

That's actually happened to me once when I was filling up a car they wouldn't let me pay (again it was at a fucking JET station) because there was fuel rationing going on at the time and they had a £30 limit and I went to £35 and the woman on the till was going on and on and on about me breaking their rules and I just rolled my eyes at her and invited her to go suck £5 of petrol back out the tank Laughing she gave in and accepted card payment.

Also had a Sainsbury's pump shut off remotely on me because I was on a WhatsApp call with someone on loudspeaker. Again I just dropped the nozzle on the floor and went in to pay for the partial fill up and she kept droning on and on about how it's illegal to be on the phone in a petrol forecourt or some other random made-up pish. Just said OK Karen so can I pay now? Paid and left after saying I would replace the nozzle. Never did and drove away.

Your literally the Karen.
And also a bit of a cunt.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:35 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://media3.giphy.com/media/HMW4jDcGjXfrB2o0bQ/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611828ef1b267c314550a8c868072356bb74ba17ee0&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:16 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
He boasts about loudly talking on his phone in public with the loudspeaker on. I mean, the guy deserves a slap for that alone. Let alone throwing a little tantrum when someone asks him to switch his phone off while filling up.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam277 wrote:

Because you're obviously not one. You use the term in a way that doesnt include you. Emphasis on *you* used the term in that way.

Now, stop your asinine bullshit for a second and think. Where do you put your mandatory safety equipment, that probably cost you £300+? On the pump shelf? Might want to take a look, they're manky, and your lid will stink of petrol. On the bars? Mate had one get robbed off them in broad daylight. Keep it in your hand? Good luck filling up one handed.

As for corporate policy, if enough people call bullshit enough to hit the bottom line, it'll change very quickly. And if you care to read back through the thread, you'll find I've been the pump jockey. As I said then, it's vans with IBC's in the back you need to watch for, not a bike with a 20L tank. Stop being an overconfident prick and use your head eh?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
a bike with a 20L tank.

I wish, that might give me a reasonable range. I think mines 14 litres.

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 03:56 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
adam277 wrote:

Because you're obviously not one. You use the term in a way that doesnt include you. Emphasis on *you* used the term in that way.

Now, stop your asinine bullshit for a second and think. Where do you put your mandatory safety equipment, that probably cost you £300+? On the pump shelf? Might want to take a look, they're manky, and your lid will stink of petrol. On the bars? Mate had one get robbed off them in broad daylight. Keep it in your hand? Good luck filling up one handed.

As for corporate policy, if enough people call bullshit enough to hit the bottom line, it'll change very quickly. And if you care to read back through the thread, you'll find I've been the pump jockey. As I said then, it's vans with IBC's in the back you need to watch for, not a bike with a 20L tank. Stop being an overconfident prick and use your head eh?

How about on the seat? Lol.
I get mad at people treating people with disrespect for no good reason.
Your 100% right if enough people call this shit out it may well change. But taking it out on the clerk or checkout assistant will achieve nothing. Even if it makes you feel better at the time by belittling someone else.

Also I think my tank is like 30 odd litres lol.

This anger at fuel station clerks who lets be real are the ones that get the grief just seems unfair. This attitude just reminds of the self righteous lycra brigade on their pedal bikes who get mad when anyone dares to overtake them without a 10ft gap. As a biker I not want to be associated with them at all.
i.e this idiot getting mad over a dustbin lorry doing its job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9abO8J3mPE

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam277 wrote:
How about on the seat? Lol..
Personally had expensive lids hit the deck that way. Vinyl can have surprisingly low friction coefficient, especially when it's cold.
adam277 wrote:
I get mad at people treating people with disrespect for no good reason.

It's not without reason. It's not what they're saying, it's how theyre saying it and treating us. Not a single person here thinks it's the attendant setting the policy, although it does happen the odd one gets all anal and tries it. It's the way they assume you're a thief. it comes over in the actions and mannerisms when you have an interation. "I'm sorry mate, head office calls this, it's silly" is not a difficult sentence and easily stops any potential nastiness.
adam277 wrote:
Your 100% right if enough people call this shit out it may well change.

Will change, not may well. Bottom line is everything.
adam277 wrote:
Also I think my tank is like 30 odd litres lol.

You're an outlier, and probably on a lardy tourer. either way, a bike tank of any size isn't the usual several hundred litres they bilk before the pump gets shuit off by suspicious staff.
adam277 wrote:
pedal bikes who get mad when anyone dares to overtake them without a 10ft gap.

More like 5ft. And rightly so. Everyone on two wheels get's pissed off by close passes by oblivious spunktrumpets, engine or not. Before you start on about me being a lycra wonder, I havent sat on an unpowered bike in something like 3 decades.

Think before you wade, bull in a china shop style, into a discussion. We may be bikers, but it doesn't mean we're retarded fucks that can't present logical, cogent reasoning. You on the other hand... notsomuch.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:

lol im shaw the 17.5 odd just feels smaller the amout the MT`s drink Laughing im advaging about 26mpg less if twist the fun handel hard

I just checked and it is 17. Doesn't seem much for such a thirsty bitch. I was watching this video of some American
bloke setting one up for touring and he put a second fuel tank system on the luggage rack. If anything tells you this
bike's not a great tourer its how quick you blast through your first tank of fuel after buying one.

Last edited by grr666 on 12:16 - 23 Dec 2022; edited 1 time in total

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:05 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Think before you wade, bull in a china shop style, into a discussion. We may be bikers, but it doesn't mean we're retarded fucks that can't present logical, cogent reasoning. You on the other hand... notsomuch.

There is no reason to throw the petrol pump on the floor like a child.
And although there is no safety issue in talking loudly on your phone (with loudspeaker on) while filling up it is inconsiderate.

I noticed you have not tried to defend these actions yourself. So, I do not see the issue in me calling them out for what they are.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam277 wrote:

Place, not throw. I've done this. Specifically when the attendant is being a class A spacktard.
adam277 wrote:
And although there is no safety issue in talking loudly on your phone (with loudspeaker on) while filling up it is inconsiderate.

Most of us ride intentionally loud bikes, which is also inconsiderate. Gonna go get a leccy bike and ask nicely if you can go play on it?
adam277 wrote:
I noticed you have not tried to defend these actions yourself.
Defend? They're perfectly understandable, even if I don't do all of them in an identical manner.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:25 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam277 wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

I noticed you have not tried to defend these actions yourself. So, I do not see the issue in me calling them out for what they are.

Whats wrong with loudspeaker, got helmet on, not taking off gloves and shit to take my helmet off to answer a call.

Its not inconsiderate, maybe for you, but from the sounds of it you are as fun as herpes, so I don't expect you to understand that some people use loudspeaker Laughing

What a miserable fucking knob end you are, BMW rider at that. Rolling Eyes I can smell you typing furiously now to get your point across Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:14 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Whats wrong with loudspeaker, got helmet on, not taking off gloves and shit to take my helmet off to answer a call.

Its not inconsiderate, maybe for you, but from the sounds of it you are as fun as herpes, so I don't expect you to understand that some people use loudspeaker Laughing

What a miserable fucking knob end you are, BMW rider at that. Rolling Eyes I can smell you typing furiously now to get your point across Laughing

https://youtu.be/IImhYDUYmzM
This type of guy is a complete twat. If you disagree fine.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steady on now lads
We've all had a drink and it is Chrismas an all

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:23 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh fuck it....

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam277 wrote:
This type of guy is a complete twat. If you disagree fine.

No-ones gonna be clicking on your YT vids. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3