Awaab Ishak: Toddler's mould death is unacceptable

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 18 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I'm certainly not saying that if the house is going to suffer from mould it shouldn't be repaired or whatever needs doing and if that is the case the housing people association or whoever is the landlord shouls fix it. I'm just saying that surely the tenants could have kept it to a level that wouldn't have been detremental to the kids health.

I just sort of think if it was so bad and all down to the house, it would have been present when they moved in and they would have seen it. If it wasn't some of it might be down to their way of living and they need educating on how to change their lifestyle to (help) get rid of it.

Seatbelts were not fitted to older cars, then they were fitted but hardly anyone used them, even though there was evidence plastered all over the telly. It was a massive struggle to get everyone to wear them and needed legislation.
(Pity for folk waiting for organs.)
But some health issue is not common sense and need intervention by society.
HSE in working environs are proof of the need for enforcement.

Landlords have moral responsibility to ensure that their rentals are safe.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racism killed him: 'Family of Awaab Ishak killed by mould in Rochdale flat say racism played part in his death'

"Rochdale Boroughwide Housing we have a message for you - stop discriminating, stop being racist, stop providing unfair treatment to people coming from abroad who are refugees or asylum seekers, stop housing people in homes you know are unfit for human habitation," they said.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:08 - 22 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw some appalling properties when i worked in homeless support. They were often lets the council took on for short term housing of homeless awaiting a council or housing association tenancy. The owners had obviously bought them cheap probably at auction, spent the minimum on making them habitable then when they couldn't keep tenants along comes the council ready to sling them £600 per month for a minimum of six months plus look after all the maintenance. All this so they can put a short term dent in the homeless stats. Mold, water running down walls, ceilings falling in, floors moving as you walk over them, dodgy gas boilers and even dodgier electrics. If I tried to do anything about it the council officers reacted like some kind of immune system designed to protect the corporate body from some harmful threat (despite the fact i was contracted by the council). It was mad.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 22 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I saw some appalling properties when i worked in homeless support. They were often lets the council took on for short term housing of homeless awaiting a council or housing association tenancy. The owners had obviously bought them cheap probably at auction, spent the minimum on making them habitable then when they couldn't keep tenants along comes the council ready to sling them £600 per month for a minimum of six months plus look after all the maintenance. All this so they can put a short term dent in the homeless stats. Mold, water running down walls, ceilings falling in, floors moving as you walk over them, dodgy gas boilers and even dodgier electrics. If I tried to do anything about it the council officers reacted like some kind of immune system designed to protect the corporate body from some harmful threat (despite the fact i was contracted by the council). It was mad.

Probably more that they had to house people somewhere and those somewheres were brtter than the gutter.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 22 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Probably more that they had to house people somewhere and those somewheres were brtter than the gutter.

Quite, but it could all have been avoided if there had been some investment in housing in the first place. It was also to move away from the old homeless hostels and the BnB racket. My point is the houses out there are in a shocking state for 2022.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:25 - 22 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Quite, but it could all have been avoided if there had been some investment in housing in the first place. It was also to move away from the old homeless hostels and the BnB racket. My point is the houses out there are in a shocking state for 2022.

Then I go back to the point there are 250000 legal immigrants a year. 50000 illegal immigrants from the boat people. Thatrs 300000 homes needed not including our own children wanting homes.

Sorry, the time has come to curtail immigration at least until we have enough homes for everyone.

Please note - 40000 boat people have come to the horrible colonial scum country we live in this year. That's 40000 of our own people who are further down the housing list than they were aa year ago.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:54 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can always pick up a bren gun and a ticket to dover to do your bit.

As for those living under slum lords and mould they can take an example from this 93 year old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_-Vlcuky4

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 04 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking
So now I understand why my landlord is eagerly sending people around to look at the damp I have been complaining about since I moved in.
Idea
Val This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:53 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I'm certainly not saying that if the house is going to suffer from mould it shouldn't be repaired or whatever needs doing and if that is the case the housing people association or whoever is the landlord shouls fix it. I'm just saying that surely the tenants could have kept it to a level that wouldn't have been detremental to the kids health.

I just sort of think if it was so bad and all down to the house, it would have been present when they moved in and they would have seen it. If it wasn't some of it might be down to their way of living and they need educating on how to change their lifestyle to (help) get rid of it.

The house mould was due to the bad house condition not something under their control or because of their lifestyle.

You realise the father said he didn't know what mould was? So it's entirely possible, and is actually a known phenomenon that people from warmer climates don't know about ventilating properties properly.

Val wrote:
Not that I am suprised because racism is based on ignorance.

Actually no it's normally based on experience Wink Hence why all the shitlibs who grew up in nice white areas are multiculturalists.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Val wrote:
Not that I am suprised because racism is based on ignorance.

Actually no it's normally based on experience Wink Hence why all the shitlibs who grew up in nice white areas are multiculturalists.

Farage never lived anywhere near Romanians or Bulgarians and yet he is racist. I rest my case.

I do have lived in a house with gipsies, one of my gran grandpa is Albanian and I still do not believe in white man supremacy or "our people" God given rights like Polarbear. Go figure why?

For me all people on Earth are our people. HTH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Farage never lived anywhere near Romanians or Bulgarians and yet he is racist. I rest my case.

Laughing Farage had black people and Asians standing as candidates for the brexit party. At least cite someone like Tommy Robinson... oh wait he's from Luton.

Val wrote:
I do have lived in a house with gipsies, one of my gran grandpa is Albanina and I still do not believe in white man supremacy or "our people" God given rights like Polarbear. Go figure why?

Cos you're an immigrant yourself Val Wink

Anyway how's Polarbear suggesting a black family didn't ventilate a property properly, which grr666 provided an anecdoate on, which if you watch any of those slum landlord/nightmare tenants housing shows you'll see to be true = white supremacy? Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:00 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Now you managed to be a racist and ignorant in the same time. Well done. Not that I am suprised because racism is based on ignorance.

The house mould was due to the bad house condition not something under their control or because of their lifestyle.

The only one that needs educating here is you to stop being such ignorant racist.

Really? Where did I mention the racial aspect, not that it isn't a valid point in some cases as GR666 stated.

And if you think you can't do anything to help reduce mould in a house you are as thick as you come over as with your rantings.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 136 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2