Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Corporate Fraud don't do it.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:27 - 19 Nov 2022    Post subject: Corporate Fraud don't do it. Reply with quote

Elizabeth Holmes sentenced to more than 11 year in jail for her Blood Testing Company fraud.

She would have got out earlier for rape.

Lesson:
Don't take/steal money off the Mob.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 19 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall I add her to the list of shouldn't, but bloody well will given half a chance?

Done Cool

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 19 Nov 2022    Post subject: Re: Corporate Fraud don't do it. Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
She would have got out earlier for rape.

Not if she raped hundreds (thousands?) of people (investors) at the same time. Thinking

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:03 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

She'd have been fine if she had changed her pronouns, male CEO's rarely get a slap on the wrist for taking investors to the cleaners.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
She'd have been fine if she had changed her pronouns, male CEO's rarely get a slap on the wrist for taking investors to the cleaners.

And there's remote working. No worries operating from a beach in the Bahamas Smile

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Jeffrey Skilling (Enron CEO): 24 years reduced to 14 on appeal.
Bernie Madoff 150 years Laughing

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Jeffrey Skilling (Enron CEO): 24 years reduced to 14 on appeal.
Bernie Madoff 150 years Laughing

Rarely, not never. Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:25 - 21 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

mentalboy wrote:

24 and even the reduced 14 years (still longer than Elizabeth) or 150 years isn't a slap on the wrist...

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:25 - 21 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

mentalboy wrote:

24 and even the reduced 14 years (still longer than Elizabeth) or 150 years isn't a slap on the wrist...

Ah, so if we give a couple of people long sentences we can turn a blind eye to the ones we don't pursue?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 21 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Male CEOs vastly outnumber the female CEOs so it's hard to draw conclusions from such a small sample size.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 21 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
M.C wrote:

Ah, so if we give a couple of people long sentences we can turn a blind eye to the ones we don't pursue?

Can you cite examples for me? Your assertion was that male CEOs rarely get a slap on the wrist vs (in this case) a female. Off the top of my head I came up with two where they got a lot more than a slap on the wrist, and a harsher sentence than Elizabeth Holmes.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 22 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Can you cite examples for me? Your assertion was that male CEOs rarely get a slap on the wrist vs (in this case) a female. Off the top of my head I came up with two where they got a lot more than a slap on the wrist, and a harsher sentence than Elizabeth Holmes.

There was quite a list of persons who could have been held culpable for the resulting 2008 financial crisis - nearly all of them male, funnily enough only two prosecutions ever came about, neither served time and one was a woman.

My assertion wasn't that blokes never face the courts, it was that you were more likely to get away with it as a bloke and to be fair I think that since Madoff many more have been pursued for white collar crimes.

And that's about as far as I'm going with this one. The original post was meant as a tongue in cheek off the cuff comment. I didn't expect a full interrogation on the matter. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:20 - 22 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
The original post was meant as a tongue in cheek off the cuff comment. I didn't expect a full interrogation on the matter. Laughing

You know what your intentions were, to suggest it was an example of sexism, and when I cited (really well known) examples to the contrary you had nothing to back it up.

Maybe in future if you make a shit point (which we all do from time to time) gracefully concede the point.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1